1 Like

Vivokey stash

1 Like

VKV+ EX Edition

1 Like

Vivokey Deposit Box
Vivokey Dead Drop
Vivokey NotVaultHonest

Does anyone have an old-school type writer? Could I pay you to type a letter and mail it to my grandpa? (Transcribe, my words) Snail mail cause he likes stamps. He collects them. Only postmarked.
(Bonus bucks if you have the ability to print pictures)

Side note, he just likes reading letters and I am sure he would like any with a stamp from anywhere.

His background.

He was a mortician, and a teacher of mortuary science. He got dead prisoners from alcatraz, and he grew up in Idaho, where he lost his finger tying up his horse in town one day.

Uhh, he is quotes in several books, most notably Stiff I believe.

Just DM me if you can transcribe. (Been looking to buy one, but Holy shit they spendy)

Or DM if you just want to write an old man a letter.

He ainā€™t doing to hot to be honest. Iā€™m in my 30ā€™s, and he grew up riding a horse to town and stuff. He is old.

3 Likes

Vivokey Sentry :tm:

1 Like

Backpackingvet and I are getting something worked out in DMs, to make sure his grandpa gets a letter, but I still wanted to share a pic of my baby publicly :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I just grabbed it out of storage, need to give it a quick wipe down (thereā€™s some dust marks on the metal casing), but itā€™s in such good shape. The case is also in good condition, but it wouldnā€™t fit on my desk.

Iā€™ve got a large collection of typewriters, ~5 manual and 10 electromechanical, I think (plus a few fully electronic ones from the 90s). Iā€™m not sure of exact numbers, since I occasionally give them away as gifts to friends. All picked up and rescued from garage sales (most for <$10), and restored to working order.

This one is my overall favorite, a Smith-Corona Silent Super, from 1955 (dated with serial number).

As someone who primarily works with microelectronics, itā€™s very enjoyable to see well-engineered fully-mechanical systems at work.

(bonus picture of my Smith-Corona Galaxie II)

4 Likes

We have at least three fully mechanical typewriters (including one cursive one) in the atticā€¦ Personally, I am more of a fountain pen guyā€¦ And when I can create enough free space to use it, a 19th century letter press. There is just something satisfying about printing a small broadsheet. (My dad taught me letter press on an Albion, but I donā€™t have room for something that big here.)

2 Likes

I used to be big into fountain pens, but after a few messy mistakes, I decided it was for the best to end my time in that hobby haha

I once dropped one in my biology class back in high school. Not only did it ruin the nib, but it also sprayed ink all over the floor, several chairs, and my clothes.

It was at that point I realized I was too clumsy to use them on a regular basis lmao. Iā€™ve still got a few, and I use them occasionally, but not nearly as often as I used to.

1 Like

Beware the bay state blue! :rofl:

My press looks like this oneā€¦

IMG_7869

It can only print 4"x6"ā€¦ And it is dwarfed by the half dozen drawers of type I have. :eyeroll:

1 Like

Funnily enough, you got the brand correct :laughing:

It was Noodlerā€™s Black, with the classic catfish on the bottle.

ā€œThe only eternal black ink. Bulletproof on cellulose paper, yet washes off plastic with waterā€

Apparently some of the materials that day were closer to the cellulose paper side of thingsā€¦ It came off of the linoleum easily enough, but it stained pretty much everything else involved.

1 Like

Bay State Blue is notorious for staining EVERYTHING!

My favourite is Blue Ghost though. UV reactive invisible fountain pen ink.

1 Like

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert

That sounds absolutely awesome, Noodlerā€™s has so many good inks. Iā€™ve used a lot of invisible ink in the past, but never thought of using it with a fountain pen. If I ever get back in the hobby, thatā€™s #1 on my purchase list haha.

Iā€™ve still got that bottle of Noodlerā€™s black somewhere, I wonder if itā€™s still good.

1 Like

( your step daughter is a tattoo artist correct?)
Sounds like a Tattoo ink in the making :wink:

1 Like

Correct, but she already has UV reactive clear tattoo ink.

Am I the only one who didnā€™t know that you could switch the theme to dark mode? :exploding_head:

1 Like

@amal or @Satur9 what varient of the P71 is in the apex?

Screenshot_20210810-215253_Drive

Iā€™d add in a @fraggersparks alsoā€¦

none of those :slight_smile: itā€™s a special sku just for us blessed onesā€¦ basically a combo of SECID and EMVā€¦ which is why only 80kB and no mifare emulationā€¦ lots of stuff packed in there already.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a P71D666 isnā€™t it. :rofl:

5 Likes