The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Well, I suppose if you’re a dedicated Swede, you could buy the stupid watch, extract the NFC tag, ask that “other” company - completely unrelated to Vivokey! - to turn it into an implant, and then resell the watch on Ebay as “like new but the payment thing doesn’t work for some reason”.

Supposedly the NFC tag in the watch won’t expire, so it would be worth implanting it.

This is why we need an anger react on the forum :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like
1 Like

Youch.

Hope that doesn’t completely derail launching the Apex line for the foreseeable future. I’d still love to have an apex chip to use for properly securing my PC and passwords even if it can’t do payments.

OTP and KeePass

I will pay good money to be able to have that embedded on my person and not worry about losing access.

Note the post number. Hehe
All love folks
image image
First rule: not in a gripping area. Dang these beast markers. :laughing:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Although, if you believe the conspiracy theorists he would actually look like this

:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

tenor (25)

At the end of the day @amal, I hope you can accomplish your goals in one form or the other. Good for you though for always moving forwards, and trying to work through the problems.

5 Likes

So as I totally misunderstand it

Mastercard has the system to communicate financial data.
The banks maintain the accounts and act as gatekeepers.

Sounds like internet / ISP relationship.

Dupont got hauled to court years ago for refusing to sell teflon to engine additive companies. Despite being able to prove that teflon was hurting motors they lost. The principle being that a company cannot refuse one B2B transaction but allow another. Everybody gets teflon, or nobody does.

If the banks won’t play nice, could you start your own credit union? If you had a full fledged legally chartered bank, wouldn’t they have to give you the same access to their network?

That’s about the extent of my Matlock “made for T.V.” honorary law degree.

1 Like

As far as I understand it, even if he did start his own credit union EMV still have the power to say “cards good, wearables maybe-good, implants no”. Kinda like a company/brand protecting its IP and how it is used and represented. And I guess by pushing it further, they could very well tell VK that they won’t deal with them whatsoever.

It sucks, but 
 that’s the cartel for ya.

it’s so much more complex than that haha and awww :frowning:

banks, payment schemes (networks), processors, terminal makers, payment gateways, etc. 
 they all have a hand in it and can all basically say no, but there are different consequences for getting a “no” from different players. Basically if a bank says no, you move on. This is why some banks are on apple pay and others are not. The same would apply for us. Banks that are interested in allowing their customers to pay with VivoKey would connect with us via Fidemso and you could attach your account to your VivoKey. However, if MasterCard says no, then any and all banks who are “mastercard shops” can’t connect to VivoKey even if they want to
 and typically banks are either a MC shop or a Visa shop
 so we are hoping to approach Visa late this year or early next year once the plumbing is in place to support connecting with Visa.

Otherwise, our options are to try to work with processors and terminal makers directly
 an arduous task at best
 impossible at worst
 but we’re looking into it.

3 Likes

Yep. Visa and Mastercard are one of those evil monopolies that silently hold the entire world by the balls. Just look at what happens when they don’t like someone: they can simply decide to cut them out of the electronic payment loop and there’s basically no recourse. Rothschild was right all along

Amazing that such companies are allowed to hold so much power. I’m still wondering when a judge is gonna pull a Sherman on those guys - and a few others, like Google. I’m guessing they’ve grown so big and powerful they’re essentially unstoppable.

Google is honestly really well structured to dodge anti-trust lawsuits, the guys at Alphabet absolutely knew what they were doing when they “split Google up” into “distinct” work units.

Amazon is the one I’d bet money on getting slapped around with anti-trust lawsuits first.

3 Likes

Looks like they are active, but cards are only good for 6 months from issue. I also don’t think you can reload it if I read correctly.

(but seriously, OTP is all good - fully working, and a password manager is in the works)

1 Like

This can help you download Vimeo video easily

Vimeo video downloader

2 Likes