The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I have never smoked and never would, It fucken stinks, and smokers just donā€™t realise how bad they smell. Their breath, their clothes their aura :wink:

Then they chew gum, that just makes their breath smell like minty stale tobacco

The worst is in an elevator, with somebody who has just had a smoke, next worse is in an elevator after a smoker has been in it.
I would prefer being in a lift with a stale fart than a smoker. :nauseated_face:

Luckily for me I rarely use elevators, I will generally take the stairsā€¦For some strange reason, stairwells donā€™t ever smell like smokers ever use them :smoking:

1 Like

I donā€™t know if a person can be predisposed to certain addictions, but if I were you, Iā€™d give them a wide berth and seek out alternatives. You donā€™t need the trouble.

Iā€™m sure youā€™ve already thought of that, but hey, what are buddies for if not to remind you of what you already know?

Iā€™ve used nicotine products on and off just because I was curious and never felt any addiction

I did hookah for a bit because it was different and interesting flavors, flavored water with a different but complementary flavor shisha, like cherry/lime or cinnamon/apple

Still do a cigar once in blue moon if Iā€™m with the right people and happen to have one,

Cigarettes never really been a thing, but I did try the stupid camel crush, just because I was curious about the little flavor pill thing

Iā€™ve vaped for a week or 2 and then stopped cold like 3 times, only because cotton candy vape sounds and smells goodā€¦ and when the vape ran out I just stopped

I donā€™t think nicotine addiction affects me the same way, either because of my adhd, or my brain is already hard wired to mainline caffeine as a stimulant so nicotine isnā€™t good enough lol

I think I only ever do it if a flavor or experience sounds interesting

Cutting out soda and caffeine with my diet recently?
Big oof, I can feel every cell in my body crave it just thinking about it

1 Like

I found your new vice.

1 Like

Summer before last, I was drinking a can of diet coke on the way to work, about 8-10 during work, and would have another 6 or so at home. Every day. Sleep got problematic. Decided to give it up. I got headaches and shakes for a bit, and I was a total ass-hat for about 2 weeks. Really really affected my mood.

Much better without it now.

Assuming itā€™s not caffeine flavored

I have tried a caffeine ā€œinhalerā€ once and let me tell you, Iā€™d rather sprinkle glass and pepperspray in my eyes

1 Like

00853480010003-HN3M5yyChK8SIg-0_s500

I standard MRE issue

1 Like
3 Likes

It depends on the brand, a few years back I had a strawberry lemonade e-juice that had caffeine and it was delightful. i tried one once that was just super bitter.

It was called an aero shot
(FDA has since yanked it lol)

Pretty much you are doing a line of caffeine powder, itā€™s just a slightly more acceptable visual

Imagine super bitter caffeine flavor, mixed with super terrible artificial sugar free flavors, all coating the inside of your sinuses for H O U R S

2 Likes

Sounds less appealing than doing coke, and that is a feat.

I havenā€™t done cocaine,

And after using that thing, I have less desire to

I am Mildly curious how cocaine would affect someone with adhd,

1 Like

Can we just talk about the glory that is the jalapeƱo cheese spread for a second?.. but also suprisingly rare

I was never in, but I fully understand the bartering and value those little packets of gold must have held

3 Likes

Itā€™s cheaper just to drink caffeine to the point you feel a lil sick.

At one point I was drinking around two pots of cold brew a day all throughout the day which eventually resulted in my urine smelling like coffee (Sorry if thatā€™s TMI) which is when I knew I needed to cut back hard. For a few days I had insane migranes, was shake af and God was I always thirsty. Now i just have a bit of coffee every now and then and drink a lot of tea haha. (But mostly water of course.)
I donā€™t know that Iā€™ll be able to kick my nicotine habit anytime soon because I barely have the mental will to make it through my day so :sweat_smile: maybe some day

My personal issue

Is that when I get a cold I canā€™t get the cough medicine I used as a kid/teenager/young adult.

Geeā€™s Linctus always seemed like the most effective cough syrup, a dose of that, and I would sleep for several hours, a couple of days of that stuff and I would feel so much better.

It was only when I looked the stuff up wondering why it wasnā€™t available over the counter in the US that I found out it is also called Squill Linctus Opiate, and it contains a combination of Squill (a plant with an expectorant effect), Alcohol, and Opiatesā€¦

Apparently it became almost impossible to get in the UK after I leftā€¦

1 Like

For those who are interested in Brain Computer Interfaces.

Iā€™ve also strayed into the world of caffeine trouble. Over the summers the past two years, I end up having 1 or 2 grams of caffeine per day (depending on the day). Thatā€™s 10.5 - 21 cups of coffeeā€™s worth, or 29-58 cans of coke.

I would have it through Bang and Reign energy drinks primarily, Iā€™d have 3-6 a day (they have 330mg each).

I ended up switching to MiO Energy, which is essentially energy drink concentrate. A single small bottle has 1.2 grams (costs ~$3), and I would go through one every few days (combining it with Bang). It was much cheaper.

I still drink energy drinks and MiO, but Iā€™m down to ~500mg a day max.

I was diagnosed a few years ago with both social anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety disorder (wasnā€™t able to go anywhere in public for 4 years or so, still have bad problems with it), and while caffeine isnā€™t at all the cause, it definitely makes it worse.

If I quit cold turkey, I get intense migraines for a few days, and essentially canā€™t get out of bed. Iā€™ve quit before, but itā€™s like my tolerance doesnā€™t reset, so I end up right back where I was the second I slip up.

Funnily enough, I tend to sleep better after having an energy drink a lot of the time. Iā€™ve assuming that itā€™s due to my body being so out of wack without it, that it finally goes back to ā€œneutralā€ after having some. After that, itā€™s easier to rest and relax.

I saw those on ThinkGeek back in the day, and always wanted to try them. Shame that I canā€™t try them now, but itā€™s almost certainly for the bestā€¦

noice-brooklyn-ninenine

2 Likes

Weirdly, large stuff like that hasnā€™t bothered me much over the years compared to more mundane tasks (going to classes, the store, restaurants, etc.). I think itā€™s the feeling of anonymity. Despite being at a very large college, I still see people I know all of the time. On the Amtrak trip, I knew that in all certainty I would never see any of the people again in my life.

I still ran into it a little bit though, when it came to simple stuff like getting food while on my trip. Maybe itā€™s because at home that in particular is the major one I struggle with the most in my daily life? Iā€™ve gone to bed at 7pm solely to try and avoid having to leave and go get food.

It also weirdly relapsed post-trip, probably due to losing that feeling of anonymity? Itā€™s worse now than it had been one or two years ago. It could also be due to much bigger crowds, due to my college loosening all COVID restrictions, along with having the largest freshman class in its history. Campus is absolutely packed most of the day.

Not sure why Iā€™m sharing all of this rn, but I guess it might feel good to get it off my chest a bit.

3 Likes