The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

donā€™t let them play around with making any pockets using a scalpel. scalpels are for incisions only. blunt edged instruments are for pocketing.

1 Like

I knew that part,

It was more the, when would you trust them to make an incision, and pocket with dermal elevators

On the surface itā€™s not terribly complicated, but I donā€™t want to blindly trust either

Sutures might be a point of consideration, not sure if he would do stitchā€™s

yeah i would ask them to get advice from a fellow modder first maybe? in short, i would keep away from any complicated areas like near tendons, def no fingers, etc. ā€¦ i would keep them to more forgiving areas like forearm (top not the underside).

Thinking like top of wrist, should be a fairly chill area

Yet another stupid question

Anyone know off the top of their heads what the exact format the KBR1 exports the uid in?

This is what Iā€™ve got to work with

Currently all I can tell is they donā€™t match lol

My advice would be to convert the output of both to binary and hex and see if you can figure out the difference between the two.

Later tonight Iā€™ll post what both spit out (non implant)
I donā€™t think the KBR1 canā€™t be configured in anyway

With an incision long enough for the flexEM, youā€™re gonna need stitches. And if it were me I would find someone experienced in that sort of thing, rather than be guinea pig. Depends who else is in your area as far as installers go

The KBR1 prints out the UID bytes backwards so DE:AD:BE:EF would come out as EF:BE:AD:DE. It took me a while to figure this out as well when playing around with changing the UID of a magic card.

edit: octets to bytes

2 Likes

Yea stitchā€™s are a must, so if he doesnā€™t feel up to stitchā€™s that will be a deal breaker,

But thereā€™s also the (sort of fucked up) logic, that someoneā€™s eventually gotta be the first lol

Would that likely be reverse wiegand bytes? I donā€™t see an octets setting (nor do I reasonably understand what one is :sweat_smile:)

sorry I meant to say Bytes. In network addresses its called an octet because it is 8 bits. From a quick search on the reverse wiegand bytes it doesnā€™t look like it is that. The bytes themselves are the same just the order is backwards. For instance if I was to make a 4 word sentence like ā€œbig blue race truckā€ that would be what the proxmark or your phone would read. The KBR1 will spit out ā€œtruck race blue bigā€ instead.

Iā€™m maybe 6 hours late to this talk, but I feel like thatā€™s at least a topic I can contribute to, soā€¦ :wink:
I had the same situation when I wanted to get my first implant (the silicone one) - I went to my piercing shop, to the guy who did tons of piercings on me and whom I trust a lot, and asked him if he would do the implant job. He said he never did this before and - thatā€™s the important thing, for I would have trusted him enough to be a guinea pig - he refused to do it and sent me to Cologne instead. I think (and hope) that professional piercers and bodymodders know pretty well what they can do and what is just beyond their limits. A good modder will send you away if you want to get something done they just donā€™t feel comfortable with, for what reason ever.

Another thing to add - there are some artists who only do implants every once in a while, so they have little experience over all (even if they claim to do this job for decades), and they still do a good job. Only thing is, they have little to no experience when problems arise, when things go wrong - and things inevitably go wrong sometimes. This leads to cases like in Australia, where a guy cut open an infected implant pocket, took the implant out, ā€œcleanedā€ it and re-implanted it in the same session. The girl died of sepsis afterwards.

So Iā€™d say, for a flex install, have a good chat with your local installer, and see what they say about it. If you trust them a lot, willing to be a guinea pig and having some sort of medical ressources at hand (like, going to a hospital and get the implant out again if all goes wrong), go for it. If you or them feel uncomfortable about the idea, even if itā€™s the least tiny bit, start searching for a routined pro :wink:

1 Like

Not late at all, I was highly looked forward to your input, totally your wheelhouse

Yea I broached the subject my last visit, and he was mildly interested but wanted to underline he hadnā€™t done that particular type of install before, so if we proceeded I would be a bit of a guinea pig and couldnā€™t promise anything (I hope this comes across in the right way and not the ā€œyoloā€ wayā€)
(Honesty buys at lot of cred with me)

We didnā€™t dig really deep into the topic as we got distracted with stabbing me, and randomly freaking me out with a suprise big effing needle because I wasnā€™t paying as much attention as I should have :sweat_smile:

I was planning to reach back out at some point in the semi near future, depending if the implant I want is possible/available (looking at you @amal :wink:)

Just wanted a sanity check to see if I was being stupid, or if it was a valid play if all the right ducks were in a row

2 Likes

Nope, not stupid at all! Like I said, I think you are not the kind of person who does dangerously stupid stuff, so Iā€™d say if your artist feels comfortable to try it out, you can let him do it :wink:
The worst thing that can happen is that you have to get the implant out again, and thatā€™s kind of a manageable riskā€¦
Oh, and I hope he has the right tools - like @Amal said, itā€™s a baaaaad idea to use the scalpel for creating the pocket :wink:

As you have said, you are willing to be a guinea pig for him. If he is willing to do it, understanding exactly what he will be doing then it sounds like a good way for him to get experience.

I would suggest you might want to consider two things. If he is willing to go through with it and a suture will be needed then get him a suture practice kit so he can practice without having to learn while you are bleeding everywhere. The other thing is to walk through the procedure together before doing it to make sure you both understand what is going to happen. I.e. lay everything out, make incision, use dermal lifter to create a pocket, insert implant, sutureā€¦

1 Like

Yea Iā€™m definitely tracking that scalpels donā€™t make pockets, I swear I remember him mentioning he got a set of dermal elevatorsā€¦ I think

Either way thatā€™s obviously a go/no go for me

I didnā€™t think of the suture kit, thatā€™s a great suggestion, Iā€™ll want to check to see if he has any suture experience though, THAT would make me feel better lol

I think that probably takes more skill and practice vs making a incision with a scalpel, at least thatā€™s what my layperson brain says

I think Iā€™ll be able to handle the actual slicing better than the flex needleā€¦ I still remember at an old job I got a hell of a metal sliver, and my boss was immediately like ā€œI got thisā€ā€¦ ā€œokay hold stillā€ next think I knew he was slicing in my hand :joy:

Weirdly I think a slice would feel more gradual than the square peg round hold of a big needle

It feels totally different, yesā€¦ what you like more depends on you :wink: But the slice isnā€™t the hard part - for me personally, the separation of skin felt really strange. Do you have some ā€œlegally-grey-areaā€ pain management? Guess he canā€™t do an injection, right?

That would be great! Iā€™ve seen people creating pockets with all kinds of tools, but those elevators work pretty well - and, if heā€™s got a ā€œsetā€ of them, itā€™s most likely the classical Haworth set with different sizes and curves and all, thatā€™s a good thing for sure.

And @Zwack 's idea with the suture-test-kit is really cool! Trying out a suture for the first time on a bleeding hand might be not so funny :smile:

1 Like

I wonder if I can get my hands on some of those ā€œnot sutureā€ zip tie thingsā€¦

those that were helping me try to get the wave nano and the KBR1 on the same page here is some of the out put

got it figured out
these settings incase anyone with a wave nano wants to mimic a KBR1 for same password
in addition in the delimiter tab, there is by default a : that appears inbetween the FAC and the ID, you can just select none there

output from the WAVE NANO
04b1018aa86484
output from the KBR1
04b1018aa86484

:slight_smile:

ā€¦also lesson learnedā€¦ (but probably not)
make sure to write down what the old output value was before you start randomly altering its formatā€¦
ā€¦ you know so you can enter the old windows pinā€¦ sigh

1 Like