The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Pretty sure youā€™ve got a 3D printer. Why not just print one, and insert some leads into it?

Yeah, after StarGazer replied about the soldering gauntlet, I started thinking about a 3D printed wrist mounted multimeter with the leads wrapped around the wrist.

Itā€™d be cool if you had soft leads that confirmed to fingers and your thumb and middle finger were leads

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a chip on my shoulder, it measures temperature. :xbt:

Not really, I donā€™t have an xBT. But I thought that youā€™d all enjoy this cyborg dad joke.

7 Likes

Damn I donā€™t get the joke :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

ā€œchip on shoulderā€ is an English expression meaning a range of things. Usually it suggests a problem with authority. The joke is literally he is saying he has a temperature chip but at the same time he has problems with authority.

It is a dad joke because it only deserves one chuckle! :wink:

And if you were being sarcastic and actually got this, I am so sorry for the explaining. I did check your location before posting and assumed English was not your first language.

Edit: I am Australian but speak German (well) and French (not so well). German colloquialisms are particularly bad and seriously a fucking nightmare. But then so are Australian sayings. I bet @Pilgrimsmaster gets this: Thereā€™s not enough bog roll in the thunderbox.

4 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely right, French is my first langage and I didnā€™t know about this expression, so Danke Schƶn for the explanation! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

24_ferrisbueller_2011_07_22_bk01_z

indeed, even in emoji
:no_entry_sign: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :derelict_house: :toilet:

2 Likes

Here are a few

I literally donā€™t get the joke

At least you knew it was a jokeā€¦
but here you go

Unlike Michael Jackson, this thread is getting darkerā€¦ šŸ«¢

3 Likes

So this was interestingā€¦

EDIT:

A drawing of our very own @Vicarious, with his last name misspelledā€¦

Itā€™s not as bad as a lot of other videos, but still a ton of misconceptions, and the title and thumbnail are insane clickbait

They were also really reaching with those health risks.

4 Likes

Not only did they get my last name wrong, but alsoā€¦ my contactless payment implant is not from Walletmor. :man_facepalming:t2:
I had my original prototype installed on March 9, 2019, long before Walletmor existed. Itā€™s basically a contactless payment micro bank card taken from a ā€œwearableā€ (keyfob), linked to my bank debit card and converted to an implant. Later DT started to offer this as a conversion service.
My prototype contactless payment implant (and the e-mail with the thorough detailed explanation I sent to Wojtek) provided the research and development that eventually led to the Walletmor implant.
This year I replaced my contactless payment implant because the original one expired after 3 years.

3 Likes

What we learned in driverā€™s ed (us) was ā€œif someone says to not report it or call insurance, that probably means theyā€™re uninsured or donā€™t have a license or something else like thatā€

4 Likes

:speaking_head: @Zwack
Just a welfare check

itā€™s been almost a month

1 Like

Speaking of,
Good to see you pop back up @Vicarious

1 Like

I am so sorry that you are going through this.

1. Check your state laws for reporting requirements. In Oregon you HAVE to report any accident where there is any personal injury or more than $2,500 worth of damage.

2. Call your insurance, you can always say that you didnā€™t realize how much damage she did at first. They will chase her insurance company for the costs.

3. She deserves whatever crap gets thrown at her. She might get into this sort of trouble all the time. If it isnā€™t reported the state might not realize that she should have her licence yanked because she is such a danger to others.

I am still dealing with the fallout of our memorial day accident. Anyone want to see what a 3 month old hematoma looks like?

On the plus side I was introduced to the fact that honey is actually used to treat wounds. (Medi-honey is Manuka honey).

2 Likes

Sorry, still depressedā€¦ Still visiting wound care clinic twice a week with my wife.

I am going to try and get back to dealing with my projects in the next weekā€¦ That and walking more might helpā€¦ (Our car was having AC installed last week so I was walking everywhere, and it felt goodā€¦)

5 Likes