The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Have you tried pronouncing it like you spell it? ā€œlit-reeā€

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t until you just suggested it, thanks for the idea.

Here are the results, and Iā€™ll give it credit, each result was different
The tree
Literally
Glittery
Litry ???
Look re ???
Look read

oh, well, Iā€™ll just type like a Neanderthal

3 Likes

Exactly!

08dfc2d5-300f-4b2a-b7a3-3e6eab0def08_text

5 Likes

@TSMC55 I just checked your days,( to see if you missed the day you mentioned in the quote above) and I could be wrong here, but I think you just need to get a 60 day streak to get your badge.

BUT it doesnā€™t look like you have visited today
SO
:speaker: @TSMC55
:sound: @TSMC55
:loud_sound: @TSMC55
:speaking_head: @TSMC55
:loudspeaker: @TSMC55

Hopefully you have notifications turned on

:thinking: ACTUALLY That may not be the case, because the days visited jumps from quarterly to year, SO, your year until today visited sits at 306, so if it is 307 tomorrow, then you just need your 60 day streak, otherwise, you will need to keep an eye on you visited days until they start ticking upā€¦:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

what if somebody just deleted ā€œlitreā€ from its dictionary?
as far as its concerned its just not even a word :rofl:

3 Likes

Anybody else think that Pilgrimsmaster talking to Google Home is kindaā€¦

9 Likes

Haha, this is exactly how myā€¦ errrā€¦ backup copies of win95, win98, winxp and whatnot look like :smile:
Exception is win3.11, thatā€™s still on 3.5" floppys :wink:
And I just realized that this - floppy disk size - is the singular, only ever moment I use freedom units
:unicorn_shock_surprise:

6 Likes

Well, if anyone has a 5.25" floppy drive and needs a copy of MS-DOS 5.0, now you know where to go:

3 Likes

I think the old i486 computer up in my attic still has one, and I have a big box full of floppys of both sizes - problem is, they donā€™t get better when stored in the attic, or stored at all for that long :wink:
Dunno if DOS is still on 5,25" or if we converted it to 3.5" some decades agoā€¦ most stuff on the big floppys are old games, like glorious summer- and wintergames, sokoban, car racers and all that stuff.

But I must say, Iā€™m really happy I learned how to use DOS (very basically) as a kid - it makes ā€œunderstandingā€ computers a lot easier. Now it all looks easy and fancy (yeah, I use windowsā€¦), but you no longer see how it all works. DOS is like the skeleton beneath all that :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks. Hereā€™s hoping. I am presently in the UK and have been for the last few weeks, so am 10 hours behind when I normally check the site. So I hope that explaIns the delayed count.

Anyway thanks for checking.

1 Like

Oh man do i miss the original MS paint lol

Feeling honoured! :sweat_smile:

I cried laughing! :rofl:

and Kanbara is a good distillery!

Wise words. hope you donā€™t mind but Iā€™m stealing that as my new go-to, Amal!!

Jokes aside, very good approach!

For all that itā€™s worth, you do have a network you can rely in here!
(not that it needed to be said aloud, but just in caseā€¦) :wink:

2 Likes

Havenā€™t tried it. I went for Sochu and Umeshu. It is on my list for when I go back though!

Whatā€™s a litre? Is that like a quart

1 Like
1 Like

I should have suspected the French.

American units are way more fun. Sometimes itā€™s divided by 8, sometimes 12, sometimes 16. Who knows why?

2 Likes

Haha, nothing like making it simple

or should I say?

nothing like simple

I think my favourite is
48tsp = 1 Cup

5 Likes

Itā€™s not our fault a lifetime of metrification has deprived you of the ability to use natureā€™s perfect mathematical system, the fraction.

We warned everybody. Only Liberia listened.

3 Likes

Ahh but thereā€™s the fun, you can mix fractions into metric system, the more non base 10 the more fun

1/7th of a meter

3 Likes