The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I have a pretty hefty one already, but I was a little sketched outā€¦ by that idea I didnā€™t wanna hit those 18650s crazy hard and cause them to throw a spicy fit

Am I overthinking how much of a load itā€™s pulling?

Yeah, thats what PD ones are made for.
Power Delivery
As long as its a good quality brand using good quality cells, youā€™ll have no issues.

Not as convenient, but as an alternative, I also have a DeWalt Battery adapter for an 18V DeWalt Battery via a barrel connector.

I have the Pinecil V1
I beleive there is a V2 out now, Which I assume you will get.

FYI, I beleive the V1 only needs 45W whereas, the V2 requires 65W.

EDIT
Yep, here you go, this is what I read
and where I read it

Any USB-C power supply that supports PD (Power Delivery) and has at least the minimum Volt/amps listed should work. The USB-C PD65W, 3.25A, 20V is recommended, but a lower PD45W will also work on V1

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/Pinecil_Power_Supplies

i use my old macbook usb-c charger.

But since we are in this thread. Can anyone reccomend a cheap <100 desktop powersupply with PD?

1 Like

I found an Amazon basics 65w pd for 20$
Should be sufficient

Are ts100 and pinecil tips interchangeable?

1 Like

Yes same mechanic one screw

1 Like

Be careful with that. DeWalt batteries do not have BMSs built into them. They rely on the device they are connected to for low voltage cutoff.

Thanks for that; it is actually something I made but I have only tested that it works, but never used as it is not particularly convenient. O have a number of alternatives, so I dont forsee myself ever actually using it

Well, funny you should ask

This being one of them

Thatā€™s actually my main Pinecil power supply

No issues whatsoever

Iā€™m not drunk on Pine64 Kool-aid, I donā€™t have a Choice supportive bias

In my personal experience, Pine64 products have just served me well, they are cheap, but well made.

I have no problem recommending them

3 Likes

Hereā€™s @darthdomo ā€œreviewā€ of Pine power

Iā€™m not sure if his opinion has changed, but I agree, and mine hasnā€™t

2 Likes

Those are really nice but Iā€™m in the market for something adjustable with precision control.

DC Power Supply Variable, 30V 5A Adjustable Switching Regulated DC Bench Power Supply with High Precision 4-Digits LED Display, 5V/2A USB Port, Coarse and Fine Adjustments Jesverty SPS-3005 https://a.co/d/01khtLP

Those would be great if there were additional USB options.

1 Like

I use a Pinecil V2 as my main iron and i love it, it heats up so quickly and i find it very comfortable to use compared to other irons.
I power it via a cheap 65w PD phone charger and a silicone usb c cable.

2 Likes

Learned how to use some transform tools in GIMP with this one lol

LTTā€¦ Canā€™t stand him. Heā€™s just tooā€¦ much. Entertaining for sure. But I prefer quieter tech reviewers.

2 Likes

I liked him at first, but then kind of fell out. Donā€™t hate the guy or any of his teammates, watched GamersNexusā€™ video today and couldnā€™t resist haha

Was about to take a screenshot and poke fun about GN saying ā€œnot going to make a whole video on LTTā€™s response.ā€ Then change one of the vid topics on the left to ā€œWhole new video on LTT Response.ā€
But my ride is here to go pick up my car from the shop.

You can use it I just mean be careful. Keep an eye on the pack voltage. It shouldnā€™t get below 15V(best to keep it above 16V) otherwise the charger might not allow it to charge.

1 Like

In case anyone wants it. Hereā€™s a prompt for ChatGPT or GPT-3.5(would probably work with 4 but I donā€™t pay for it) that converts any standard form of measurement into an ā€œanything but metricā€ version.

Your task is to replace the given measurement with an unconventional unit of measurement with roughly equivalent value. Please provide the unconventional measurement only, without any extra text.

Original Measurement: {Input Goes Here}

Unconventional Measurement:
(e.g., like 3 bowling balls or 10 bags of groceries)

Itā€™s part of a stupid program Iā€™m writing but I figured this part is just fun for everyone.

Edit: To clarify GPT models are not great at this so it will likely give unrealistic replies.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t pay for anything from Open AI, they appear to have ties to a doomsday cult that claims that AI might destroy the universe, etcā€¦

And the DT club should include the premium Pilgrimsmaster package, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™m joking, heā€™s a free AI. :robot_marvin:

3 Likes

I have a dumb it/programming questions for the expert here :grin:

I can do C and assembly but when it comes to pyton and application/software :roll_eyes: ā€¦

So I made a few little programs, mostly fancy/specific calculators, to make my life easier in python (I used to have them in large excell spreadsheet but it was a pain and if I typed the wrong box it was a mess). Made a little window with boxes and notes on how to fill it in :yum:

Here is the question:
Is there a way to turn them into executable files?
As mentioned they are in pyton, so right now I need pycharm to run them ā€¦ Iā€™d like to have them on a flash drive and be able to run them from any computer without having to install a bunch of things ā€¦
Bonus points if there is an easy/automated way to do it :yum:

In Terminal or Powershell

chmod +x  yourscript.py
./yourscript.py 

or call the app to run

python yourscript.py

Or you can use Pycharm to convert it to exe.

1 Like