The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

If you could find some way to passively power a gps chip Iā€™d get one for both my little demon spawn

1 Like

If thereā€™s a way to power that, Iā€™m asking for a bunch of upgradesā€¦ Including several blinkies with that technology.

2 Likes

You just need to believe it hard enough

200w

Iā€™ve had thoughts along this line recently. How much money you got errrrā€¦ want to invest?

3 Likes

what are my options, as i saw a black mirror episode kinda along these lines and i still wanted it afterwards

1 Like

take-my-money-fry

2 Likes

Anyone know this guy?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/erikkay

The guy I introduced to you about a year ago (Irvin) used to work for them so maybe he does. Iā€™m not in touch anymore but you have his email

1 Like

Remember what happened when you spit out an unworkably high number for a titanium encased sensing magnet?

2 Likes

$1.5m to develop the technology and secure necessary relationships with partner companies.

But by doing this, all the ā€œpeople track me with my implantā€-people would suddenly be rightā€¦ or at least we couldnā€™t tell them anymore that this technology just doesnā€™t exist. And I think itā€™s pretty scary to track your own children - no matter if by phone or chip, I just dislike it. I spent my childhood alone in the nearby woods, and my parents knew I would return for dinner, that was all :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got ideas on how to make this ethicalā€¦ but I donā€™t want to post them as these would be part of a set of patents around the technology.

4 Likes

Or how to spark our curiosity even more ā€¦ :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

O.k.
How are we splitting it up and when does the crowdsourcing close.

2nd thought. Make sure you get a shot of mdangerā€™s face when you drop this one on her.

I am just curious and you Iā€™m not asking for any more info but would your idea work based on magnetic coupling or some other technology? I have had thoughts about using some other form of power transfer to power implants but never a good enough use case to actually research it further.

Summary

Iā€™m just gonna put my thoughts on this here cuz I know not everyone agrees with me. I donā€™t like the idea of a GPS implant that could be powered without me holding something to it. I seriously think it opens up a whole can of ethical dilemmas and it would seriously mess me up knowing my mom would know my every move. It would def get some backing from helicopter parents though.

I guess this is as good a time as any to let everyone know. Michelle had been struggling with pancreatic cancer for the last couple years. She passed away in July on my birthday. She was my friend for over 20 years and my business partner for the last several. The last year has been hard, and now my life and Dangerous Things will never be the same.

But we carry on.

This would not be possible if implemented using some of the methods I have in mind.

12 Likes

Grief is a terrible thing to experience. Iā€™m sure you have had many people reach out to you to tell you if you need anything theyā€™re there. I wonā€™t say that but I will periodically offer an ear if you want to talk. I am very familiar with loss, and the struggles of dealing with loss.

Iā€™m a walking beacon for others to know Iā€™ve been through my share of struggles and will help anyone that feels they are in those dark spots.

It doesnā€™t get better, time doesnā€™t heal. Time just makes it easier to live with.

6 Likes

Thank youā€¦ the offer is meaningful.

I think there are ways it can get better, just not by time aloneā€¦ introspectionā€¦ accepting mortalityā€¦ expanding the scope of conscious awareness that the universe and time are such immense quantities mostly filled with unexciting nothing, that to exist for any amount of time within it is an amazing improbabilityā€¦ weā€™re all just riding waves of entropy to the same end.

At least thatā€™s my take on it.

4 Likes

I like the semicolon, knowing what it stands for. Itā€™s a nice thing to display it like that, just as a little offer for people who recognize it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss, @amal. The crab is a b*tch. I know it first hand.

1 Like