The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

What’s your septum at currently? I had mine pierced at 14g, stretched it to 12. Barely any resistance putting the 12 in, went very smoothly. I really like the look of the twelve and didn’t think I’d go bigger. Then I lost my only 12g ring while out of town, stopped by a random piercer to pick one up, and I couldn’t get it to go back in? I knew there was no way it had shrunk that much in just 4 or 5 days, because I was so close to being at a 12 just from playing with the 14g so much (bad habit I know). Dude was like, “We can just put a taper on it and lube it back in.”. “Sweet man, thanks!” He got it in and holy fuck did my eyes water. Got home a few days later and compared to my spare 12g jewelry. Somehow he had a 10g in the wrong drawer. By complete accident I ended up with a 10g ring and I actually like it more than the 12. Sometimes I considered going one step further.

2 Likes

Mine was pierced at a 1.3mm which is 16g I believe.

Yeah I play with mine all the time too, I pull on it and all kinds of stuff, so the stretch to 1.7 shouldn’t be too hard, and then when I stretch to 2mm I’ll probably stop but we’ll see :laughing:

1 Like

Not with my septum but my ears are stretched, there have been a few times where playing with them too much has caused them to go up a size. Should have seen my face when one of my pyrex glass alien plugs fell out of my ear alien face-first XD.

1 Like

Oh how far you’ve come @amal

4 Likes

Wow, what a blast from the past! It’s crazy to see how much has happened since this. I remember back when the xM1 was just released and how amazing I thought it was (not that it isn’t still).

I didn’t realize that the xNT having an NTAG216 was a stretch goal!

Yep
 started with ntag203 which I had in my right hand
once the campaign hit the funding necessary to get the moq for ntag216 to make sense I had to pop that one out and replace with a production xNT!

2 Likes

Do you have a display case / museum, of the evolution of DT implants?

Would be cool to see

Like the one in an Austrian Tech Museum

4 Likes

Yeah :laughing: now we’re taking about cryptographic processors on javacards that can host multiple apps and handle payment. Back then we were like “whoa, you can hold 873bytes of plaintext in your hand!!” :woozy_face:

10 Likes

873 bytes should be enough for anybody!

4 Likes

I couldn’t really find a definite answer online so I was wondering if any of you guys knew if it’s illegal to have lidocaine (syringe and vial) on a flight.

Oof, that’s a tough one. US to US?

Looks like you might be able to. Link

Hey @hoker , how is your App going?

US to Germany

You’re likey yo have your biggest issue with customs
 but
 in general medicines aren’t questions much if at all. He’ll I’ve gone through security many times with multiple xNT injectors in my carry-on
 zero questions.

Yeah customs for Germany will be your issue because lidocaine is illegal for citizens in Germany

The key factor with owning or transporting controlled substances is quantity. If you have a small amount and you get caught, playing dumb almost always works: they confiscate the stuff and they let you go with a sermon.

Of course, it depends on the subtance: a few grams of snow will get you some time in the cooler because you can’t possibly not know it’s illegal, while I’ve gotten away with a rather large bottle of EU-legal 20% nicotine base at the airport.

Not true: my mom ordered thyroid medicine from Belgium and it got confiscated by customs, because it’s not the same brand that’s allowed here. Same stuff, different manufacturer, but not authorized.

Probably for tax reasons too.

Might be able to get it “prescribed” from my doctor. From what I’m reading having it in my carry-on with prescription info on it.

It would be just a few ML so playing dumb probably wouldn’t be too hard.

I just emailed customs so let’s see what they have to say.

Speaking of your mom and customs, how’s that going?

I’ll save the jokes until after I hear everything is going ok

It’ll be tit for tat if she does - and incidentally, it’s about the only circumstance in which that particular idiom can be used literally.

But really I said I wouldn’t go there anymore. So I won’t. Case closed.

haha, clever