The doNExT is in

That was a bit my fault: instead of freestyling the intended position of the doNExT over my arm with a pen, I proposed to stick one of my bullseyes on my arm at the exact location I wanted the doNExT to be. He said good idea, so I did.

I told him to be careful though, because the doNExT is in fact 4 to 6 mm larger in diameter. But I probably didn’t say it loud enough. By the time he was done carving a space large enough for a bullseye, it was too small for the doNExT. So he had to enlarge it, but he hadn’t poked lidocaine that far.

So he just sais “sorry…” and proceeded to yank real good right and left and everywhere until it the pocket was finally large enough. And then he peeled me off the ceiling :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mhm… always important to draw the right size, otherwise things go “not so nice”
For my silicone implant, we were able to use a 2-euro-coin, it had exactly the right size :smiley:
For the flexNExT, I actually made a little cardboard-thingy with the right size, so it could be used to find the right location and draw it on without using the acutal implant and making it way-less-sterile that way^^

Hadn’t he been poking around in your hand, I’d have considered punching him hard for that :smile:
But I guess, that way was faster and less annoying than having to re-numb everything - considering there might be a small timeframe until the anaesthetic starts to fade out anyway, which would be even more uncomfortable.

Yeah, you’ve been cleverer than I’ve been on that one. This is especially stupid of me considering that I actually made a 1:1 model of the thing to test placement before ordering it, and left it at home on D-day.

Do I really want to punch the person who’s just opened up my arm wide with a sharp scalpel and large scary shoehorn-like tool and hasn’t cracked out the suturing needle yet? Hmm… Maybe not :slight_smile: And the thing is, he wasn’t even taking it lightly or anything. Really nice guy. I couldn’t possibly hold it against him.

That was the thread that made me actually build my little cardboard-thingy :wink: Didn’t have the idea before - so, you gave me the idea and than forgot it yourself :smile:

Ah no, was just kidding - things like that can happen, things can always go wrong a bit, and I guess as experienced as he seems to be (took a look at his work some time ago), he just came to the assessment that you were stable enough to take the pain without problems with circulation or anything. And since he was right, everything’s fine :wink:
Best artist are those that react correct if something goes wrong.

Got to share the vCard on the doNExT with a customer for the first time. I had a long sleeve shirt on, a jersey and my coat, and I didn’t really want to strip. So I told him to scan through my clothes. It beeped, and the guy said “Cool watch!” and walked off.

Dammit… :slight_smile:

1 Like

And… I can’t edit the new follow-up post anymore either - after only one day :frowning: So this is the last update to this log, as I’m tired of fighting the forum - and Pilgrimsmaster probably is too… Also, the implant has obviously settled for good so not much visible is happening anyway now.

• Day 1: The implant went in with the two LEDs closest to my wrist in a line perpendicular to my arm. Within a couple of hours, the implant had already rotated some 10 degrees. I couldn’t take a photo of my arm right after the installation though…

• Day 2: it’s definitely turning. Funny cuz I really haven’t done anything today other than laying on the couch doing jack squat, yet the implant is spinning…

• Day 3: it seems to have pretty much stopped turning. Only rotated a couple degrees today. Maybe it has something to do with the skin reconnecting through the center hole. So today, it’s rotated exactly 30 degrees counterclockwise from where it started from.

• Day 4: the implant definitely has stopped spinning for good I think. No movement whatsoever today. And the skin over the center hole definitely feels like it has reconnected.

• Day 5: the implant hasn’t shifted in any way. I’m starting to feel cold on the skin over it. The nerves are reconnecting I suppose.

5 Likes

I think the hole in the center was a great call. Really makes me want one. Too bad Amal doesn’t have blue LED’s.

Although, I have not a clue what I would use it for, as I don’t trust myself to not brick it.

Just derailing

Someone needs to start a remote service, where I can just hold the PM3 to my implant. I would even pay to rent the equipment if that was a thing. I do have a galaxy s9 that has a cracked screen, maybe I should just turn that into one.

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty pleased with that decision. The implant is so much more flexible, and I’m fairly certain it’s better for the skin over it overall.

Anyway, I already have 4 LF implants that work like champs. It’s not like I needed a fifth one inside the doNExT.

1 Like

That’s my problem with the doNExT.
I want one, but then I’d also get a flexEM so…

Just continuing the derailing

This is the best software idea I have heard in a while.
I wont promise anything, but I’ll definetely look into that once I have my proxmark!

1 Like

I do now.

This kind of existed for a time … but it charged by the “clone” and you had to buy the gear also (a PM3 easy + LCD screen and control box)… but it didn’t make it very far of course… something about plying open source hardware and software in a pay-per-use scheme didn’t sit well with most people.

1 Like

Alright, 1 of 2 conditions met. (Would you be able to make it glow also?)

Almost 2 of 2.

For what it is worth, I would gladly pay a deposit for that setup to use and pay the person a fair wage. I would like to believe that there are more people than just me, that need help on that end.

I personally cannot justify spending more on RFID implants, until I have a way to confidently write to them. I can use them just for the UID, but I figure that is the worst reason to have one like this implanted, as I have 4 chips I can use the UID for. I also think it is… lazy? for me to want to have someone remote in and do it.

At the end of the day, I realize now that biohack.me is likely more the forum for me and my interest. With that said, I would have missed out on the Titan most likely. Plus, people here are active

sure with glow powder resin. only a small area around the LEDs will “charge up” with LED light but if you use an external flashlight it’ll charge up real good.

Get a proxmark3 and people can remotely issue commands to your proxmark3 device by posting commands on this forum and you can relay them to the proxmark3 and then you relay the result to the forum and so on and so forth… it’s a perfect solution!

Why? Are you a zombie? Cuz that forum is kind of dead :slight_smile:

I mean it’s full of good information, it’s interesting, the (few) people who answer are nice and all. But it’s about as much fun hanging out there as attending a funeral.

2 Likes

Or for ‘lower latency’ you can jump on the Discord - we’ve got your back, @Backpackingvet

2 Likes

By the way, re the doNExT, I forgot to mention that the ACR122U reads it just fine through my arm. The reader must be exactly at the right spot, and I must make solid contact with the surface of the reader with the underside of my arm, but it reads. In that position, it’s no harder to get a read than with a glass implant at close range. The bullseye is a good performer.

Ah, reminds me of something I wanted to ask - why is your incision so large? By now, we all know how flexy the flexy is, and yours is even more flexy, so why did your artist chose to go the full width?

I chose for him. He reckoned he could probably - without being all that sure, mind you - roll it and let it unroll inside the pocket. I told him: at that price, leave it flat and scalpel away :slight_smile: He agreed it was probably for the best.

Easy choice: it’s either 5 stitches and the non-null possibility of ending up with a dead chip (in which case I’d have been going home with stitches anyway, and $269 worth of blood-stained frustration in my hand) or 3 extra stitches. I picked the latter.

He did confirm that it would probably have had physically enough space to unroll inside the pocket though, which is something I was doubtful about if you recall.

Ah, no need to roll it up - just bend it at the edges, that should be enough. My artist said something about a 2-cm-incision if he was “allowed” to bend it about 45° at the edges. But, as you know, we were both afraid to break the chip, too - so I got a nice 4-cm-incision as well.
I just thought, since your doNExT is even more flexible than a “normal” flexNExT, it might be worth a try.

But you’re right, that might not be worth it :wink:

1 Like

IIRC rosco bent it in a video?

Yep, he did - but mine was already in by that time, so…
And yeah, I didn’t see the video of Amal bending it a lot beforde I got mine in, so…

Ah hell, actually I don’t care about another big scar on my skin :wink: Would just’ve made it easier to heal, at least a bit :woman_shrugging: