The doNExT is in

Goddammit… :slight_smile:

Well now we have to speculate…
My guess is
M = T5577
N = DESFire

It’s pretty obvious :wink:

2 Likes

Lemme loads a sodium pentothal dart into my long range dart gun and aim due west…

Maybe DT has an office in Minneapolis and it’ll be made there.

That’s why it’s the wrong answer. It’s actually backwards to obfuscate the truth. It’s actually the FlexNM as in New Mexico as in Roswell, New Mexico where the aliens crashed and Amal stole their technology of mind control chips for fun and profit. I would say we’re on to you but my mind was just suddenly changed to say this is a good thing. ALL IS GOOD

2 Likes

I have no objection to this.

I wanted a FlexNExT but there’s just too many issues with it at the time.

For now I plan on getting a regular NExT chip, and an Apex Flex maybe, when it’s out.

As for something with blinkies… I’m gonna keep an eye on the MagicFlex thread.

If this works out I may look into getting this instead. No T5577 because I want the 3 blinkies! But I still need to learn more about Mifare first…

1 Like

i have high hopes for mine, seeing as it’s not made from the foil the FlexNext is.

i think a NExT chip with a Magic Flex is the best combo of implants for use on different readers

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s a coincidence, but it’s just too strange not to mention.

I have this funny pain just under the scarline, and I’ve identified what it is: it’s when the edge of the implant sort of slips under the extensor carpi ulnaris tendon. It happens whenever I abduct my wrist and the tendon goes stiff, It really kind of hurts actually, and it stops instantly when I pull the implant sideways away from it.

The strange thing is, it didn’t come about progressively. In fact, I know exactly when it started: yesterday at 3:40 pm. I know because I was climbing into my bike to commute back home and it suddenly stabbed me, and I thought “that’s a new one…”

I also know the implant was working at 3:30 pm because I locked my office door with it just before leaving, and I noticed the failure about an hour later.

That sounds like a hell of a coincidence.

Anyway, it hurts enough that if is doesn’t clear in a few days, I might want to pay the doctor a visit.

2 Likes

For me, it sounds like there is a little irritation or a tiny injury, maybe created by the edge of the implant. It’s definitely a strange coincidence… but maybe, you did something like me, some strange movement or something you didn’t even recognize, and it created this injury and broke the already weakened connection? Dunno, but sounds possible :woman_shrugging:

Please do… and if it’s getting thick, warm or red, get that baby out as soon as possible :stuck_out_tongue:
Yours had the infamous glue-coating as well, if I remember correctly? Let’s see how this works out - and, as usual, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you :wink:

Yeah it’s irritating something. Getting really quite uncomfortable all the time now. But I don’t see anything out of the ordinary on the outside.

It’s just really strange that it should happen all of the sudden just about exactly at the same time the implant died. I didn’t bump it or do any movement out of the ordinary (and I know because I’ve been extra-mindful of what I’ve been doing with my wrist, what with the failures and all).

I’d rather it be taken out the day the replacement goes in. I’m all for fewer stitches, and I’d like to keep the pocket nice and open for the next one.

Also, whenever I go to the doc for anything implant-related, I decided to pay out of my own pocket, because it’s not fair that social security should pay for my shenanigans. I don’t think a removal job at the hospital would come cheap :slight_smile:

I seriously had that in my mind, too… but then I thought about all those people who eat terrible shit and develop a diabetes, about people who smoke a lot and get all the problems this may cause, about people who do extreme sports and get hurt… I’m fully okay with paying for all that, but then I’m also allowed to have them pay for my stupid stuff for the first time in 20 years of bodymodding :smile:

Me neither, and yet I managed to somehow have the implant cut into my pocket. No clue how that happened, but somehow, it did.

Yep, that makes sense of course… and I know you’re careful enough not to risk something to achieve that :wink: Hope you can keep it in until Amal has made some nice alternative - I’m really curious what he’s creating! :wink:

Yeah yeah, and he’s killing me cuz he won’t say nothing - and he does it on purpose too, the little rascal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure what they’re worth or if it’s possible to order in batches under 10,000, but it looks like them Chinese offer ready-made stuff.

But I’m sure you know about them.

I would be seriously concerned about this. the odds of ripping through your pocket via mundane mechanical trauma are way too high…

The best approach I could think to allow for a less rigid, yet large and safe on the pocket, would be something like this:

but then surrounded by something like this on the edges:

You could either insulate the silicone bits from the electricals, or even explore other materials where you could perhaps even embed an antenna extension.

Of course this would reduce the appeal to non bodymod enthusiasts.

2 Likes

Well, something is definitely happening. The scar has turned from it’s usual ashen colored slug appearance into a very thin, slightly pink, almost invisible line in 48 hours. It looks really good actually. Kinda wasted on the dead doNExT now though…

It looks like my body is putting yet another finishing touch on the implant job, this time on the scar itself. I wonder if some nerve has reconnected all of the sudden and that’s what I’m feeling.

Anyway, nothing a good sauna can’t make better: I just took a long hot one and it feels really good again. At least for the time being.

1 Like

Dead as a dodo
Sorry buddy

It’s even deader than I just the NTAG: I had hoped I could use the blinkies on their own, but it turns out the bullseye underneath acted as a rather good amplifier, and made then all work nicely in unison. Now that it’s gone open circuit, the blinkies are temperamental and put out a pitiful amount of light.

Oh well…

Dammit I keep wanting to use the implant and it ain’t there…

I wonder if I could make a case to get a surgeon to install the replacement, seeing as though I’m technically “disabled” to a certain extent right now, as an enhanced human being. They could “cure” me and restore my lost ability by opening me up and sliding Amal’s new upcoming ultrasecret hush-hush product in the pocket :slight_smile:

1 Like

I looked into surgeons. I fele you will run into the same issue with your pet project… not an FDA approved implant.

Yeah I was just kidding. Although… if it WAS FDA-approved (or whatever Finnish equivalent of the FDA), you gotta admit, the logic is sound :slight_smile:

2 Likes