The doNExT is in

20 euros. Gotta keep the city afloat ya know.

€20, well that will help pay for some snow plough fuel for the upcoming winter.

Next time to save you the hassle, and money, maybe consider a pair of these

but I think they are the V1

Maybe go for the V2 (Colour)

Yep, and conversely, I suspect other Flex-series implants would be similarly unimpressive. Maybe those with copper wire coils would be a bit more visible, like the blinkies on my doNExT…

With a cellphone? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hm, so my theory was right… good to know :slight_smile:
And veeeery interesting, I wasn’t expecting the flexnext to be so transparent…

I thought the aluminum planar antenna would be very visible, since aluminum is supposed to have a high radiodensity. I guess the foil is just too thin.

I’m surprised I don’t see the chip either, even though it’s very small.

I suspect the machine’s “brightness” was tuned to best reveal bony things. It sure did that. Too bad that’s not what I wanted to see…

Say Backpackingvet, you wouldn’t have a buddy at the radiology department who could tell us what was done wrong here would you? Or maybe confirm that an x-ray just isn’t the right tool for that particular job?

1 Like

Even though there is little to see, I like the x-rays - I didn’t imagine it to be that invisible!
And the final medical conclusion to the buildup is collagen fibres? Hm, okay - that’s not spectacular :stuck_out_tongue:
But, most important, it’s also not dangerous, and it might indeed stop when everything is covered. Hope you scared your implant enough with all these procedures (especially threatening it with a biopsy!) so that it will behave itself from now on :wink:

Actually, I don’t think that - my power-button silicone implant has a hole in the middle as well, and my body is totally unimpressed by that :woman_shrugging:
Maybe there was a little infection in Rosco’s doNExT, just a tiny one, so it wasn’t noticeable but led to a stronger-than-usual reaction of his body…

Also, hematoma/lymphoma (blood pockets/lymph buildup) can cause this reaction.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that there has been no infection, or even inflammation in or around the pocket, save for some redness around the stitches while they were there.

Well, right after the stitches were taken out, the fluid buildup started. But it was really low-grade - just a little “watery” to the touch, is all. It might have been that, but then explain this: the last flare-up occurred several hours after I had drained the pocket completely this week-end.

Speaking of which, it stayed almost completely dry today - even after much probing and jiggling from the doctor this morning. I didn’t limit my activities or anything, but it hasn’t filled back up. It still looks a lot less prominent that it used to before this week-end’s stay-in-the-couch marathon. And the skin pull has almost completely gone away.

This is starting to look like the home stretch at last. It’ll soon be time to switch to the fun part of this whole thing: the projects! I’ve been putting them off for far too long and I’m itching to get started.

and I most certainly will, don’t you worry none.

How so? There are infections that are completely unnoticable - no visible redness, no pain, no visible swelling. I just think something must have motivated your body to do what it did, and the “this is bad, let’s cover it in anything we can get”-behaviour is usually the reaction to something not going perfectly right :wink:

I’m certain because 1/ I didn’t feel no heat, redness, itching or anything. Yet as you say, it might be undetectable. But mostly because 2/ for a full week, nothing happened. Things started to go spiral out of control exactly 30 minutes after the stitches were pulled out. Still no sign of infection anywhere near the stitch holes - and my piercer used generous doses of disinfectant, and sterile gloves, and the whole nine yards. And so did I when I cared for it.

I’m fairly sure it has something to do with the stitches alright, especially considering the biting edge of the implant is exactly behind the scar line - unfortunate outcome. But I’m pretty sure no infection occurred. I’d have known.

So most x-ray machines are set to a specific exposure setting that is meant to properly capture dense objects like bone. Some do not have any settable exposure at all.

It’s a bummer you can’t get the CD though… you can do some fun stuff with your images. Here’s the content of my image record CD;

Here’s the actual GearView exe running;

The measurement tool is very accurate;

Here is my flexNT which has slid slightly off my metacarpal bone actually;

There are different modes that let you pick out details and features;

Actually that’s pretty cool… my 2017 x-ray in “rainbow vision”…

2 Likes

I have the same files - and same application - on the CD they gave me. But I can’t enhance what isn’t there, sadly.

Oh yeah, and I did get a CD - I had the option to pay extra for it, so I did.

1 Like

2017 you say, what’s that?

1 Like

Looks like a payment conversion.

It just occurred to me, if I were to post in the crazy thread that I’ve been implanted against my will, Amal would tell me to get an x-ray to see for myself that there ain’t nothing there, and he would be spot on :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is the hastily made hand wound coil with a P40 SmartMX chip attached… it’s the first VivoKey prototype that went into my arm in 09/2016 which was supposed to be a 30 day temporary proof of concept for the CeBIT show in Hannover Germany that year…

You can see the bandage still on my arm;

If you think you’ve been waiting patiently for the fricken Apex… hahah… man… get in line.

8 Likes

Legend.

2 Likes

“Supposed”? As in, it’s still there?

Yep. Still use it nearly every day for OTP code gen too… but I don’t dare do any app management on it. The P40 has a garbage collection bug that bricks the chip if the field gets shitty during garbage collection. Thus I was told to wait for the P60 as that would solve everything… well we waited nearly 2 years… then of course we discover through the beta program that chip also has a very similar bug and bricks if the field gets shitty during app management … then we were told to wait for the P71 as that would solve everything… so we waited 2 years… notice a pattern here? Anyway we’ve got P71 chips with baseline config and tested the shit out of them… they seem rock solid and actually have several advantages over the P60… but we still don’t have chips with the customized ROM mask that Fidesmo worked on with NXP for basically the last year… once we have those we will test the ever-loving shit out of them before we even make mention we have them.

2 Likes

Interesting. Just when I thought implant development was easy peasy…