The doNExT is in

Man that sucks. I don’t think implants that large are really all that viable anymore. The VivoKey prototype that came out of my arm was also a bit too large I think… once in a while my kids would grab my arm while trying to climb on me and it would definitely pinch.

The Apex Mega size is going to be limited to 25mm maximum diameter. Significantly smaller than the 38mm diameter prototype. At this size I think it’s possible to get significant performance without much tissue irritation long term. Practicality of keeping it in your body is more important than performance imo.

4 Likes

Well if you say so. I’m hoping it will read through my wrist but now I doubt it.

The flexNExT is just a hair too large because one of the edges rides up and down one of my tendons. if it was just 3 or 4 mm smaller in diameter it’d be perfect. For me of course - everybody is different. And if it still worked of course too…

Whatever you do, do it quick so I can replace it. It’s getting tiring :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had a FlexMT, although the performance was amazing, I decided not to install it because I felt my wrist was too small to fit without causing irritation.

I never wanted to install on the back of my hand because of the same reasons you had mentioned and unfortunately experienced.

This was all of course, my uneducated assumption, and every BODY is different.

I totally agree with this statement.

It is still pioneering at its finest, and I appreciate Amal and the community for pushing the boundaries so we can all learn.

DANGEROUS THINGS | Pioneering Tomorrows Technology Today ™

3 Likes

100% putting this at the end of my essay about Amal

3 Likes

Totally agree there.

Shame that the current maxi size had so many issues though…

Well said!!

2 Likes

Did some manual labor today and my removal site bled internally… hematoma. It’s already going down, but man it got really tight there for a few hours. Still looks massive but it doesn’t hurt anymore hah. Stitches were supposed to come out today but I think I’ll leave them in a couple days longer.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, that’s about exactly what my flexMN install site looks like! Definitely kept my stitches in a little longer than I would have normally because of it too.

2 Likes

I went to the doctor with my arm problem the other day. She said “Naah, your implant is big but it ain’t got nothing to do with it. It can’t irritate your tendons. You really just have a tendinitis going chronic.” Well, that was surprising from a doctor. Goes to show some aren’t closed-minded.

Long story short: she gave me some pills and a few pieces of advice to avoid straining my wrist for a few days, and lo, it’s gone :slight_smile: So the doNExT had nothing to do with anything after all.

5 Likes