The doNExT is in

sure with glow powder resin. only a small area around the LEDs will “charge up” with LED light but if you use an external flashlight it’ll charge up real good.

Get a proxmark3 and people can remotely issue commands to your proxmark3 device by posting commands on this forum and you can relay them to the proxmark3 and then you relay the result to the forum and so on and so forth… it’s a perfect solution!

Why? Are you a zombie? Cuz that forum is kind of dead :slight_smile:

I mean it’s full of good information, it’s interesting, the (few) people who answer are nice and all. But it’s about as much fun hanging out there as attending a funeral.

2 Likes

Or for ‘lower latency’ you can jump on the Discord - we’ve got your back, @Backpackingvet

2 Likes

By the way, re the doNExT, I forgot to mention that the ACR122U reads it just fine through my arm. The reader must be exactly at the right spot, and I must make solid contact with the surface of the reader with the underside of my arm, but it reads. In that position, it’s no harder to get a read than with a glass implant at close range. The bullseye is a good performer.

Ah, reminds me of something I wanted to ask - why is your incision so large? By now, we all know how flexy the flexy is, and yours is even more flexy, so why did your artist chose to go the full width?

I chose for him. He reckoned he could probably - without being all that sure, mind you - roll it and let it unroll inside the pocket. I told him: at that price, leave it flat and scalpel away :slight_smile: He agreed it was probably for the best.

Easy choice: it’s either 5 stitches and the non-null possibility of ending up with a dead chip (in which case I’d have been going home with stitches anyway, and $269 worth of blood-stained frustration in my hand) or 3 extra stitches. I picked the latter.

He did confirm that it would probably have had physically enough space to unroll inside the pocket though, which is something I was doubtful about if you recall.

Ah, no need to roll it up - just bend it at the edges, that should be enough. My artist said something about a 2-cm-incision if he was “allowed” to bend it about 45° at the edges. But, as you know, we were both afraid to break the chip, too - so I got a nice 4-cm-incision as well.
I just thought, since your doNExT is even more flexible than a “normal” flexNExT, it might be worth a try.

But you’re right, that might not be worth it :wink:

1 Like

IIRC rosco bent it in a video?

Yep, he did - but mine was already in by that time, so…
And yeah, I didn’t see the video of Amal bending it a lot beforde I got mine in, so…

Ah hell, actually I don’t care about another big scar on my skin :wink: Would just’ve made it easier to heal, at least a bit :woman_shrugging:

That was Amal. But that’s okay cuz he did that before he tested and shipped the device :slight_smile: If he had fucked up, he could’ve made a new one on the spot. Versus me or my installer fucking up, then me waiting for a replacement for weeks and for my useless stitches to heal up, then having to fly to Helsinki for an encore.

2 Likes

Can you throw that into an x Series tube? I don’t need an internal LED if I am going to be using external light.

That would be cool a xSGLO (xseies full of glow resin/powder)

yeah i can put it into a glass tube but it would require defining a whole new sealing process I think… might take a very long time to sort it out with the factory and they might not want to deal with unknown materials like that… doing anything outside the norm is tough because who knows what could happen… maybe some glow resin or material vaporizes during sealing and causes problems with the laser or maybe it settles on some other equipment… it’s just more involved to get things like this through a controlled factory environment vs my lab. I mean, it’s not for good reason… I learned the hard way that oil vapor from oil based vacuum pumps can make it through collection traps and basically cover every square inch of your work space with oil film… destroying expensive batches of polymer and fucking up basically everything… having to toss tons of stuff out and spend over a month cleaning everything and buying new filters and … omg I hate oil.

3 Likes

Could you get some of the glow vials already filled with resin/powder a like with the xGLO and have then sealed?

probably? do such things exist?

I guess you could mix the glow powder with almost anything… and if you put a glass tube around it, biocompatibility is not a problem, I guess. Could you maybe even “mix” the biopolymer with it? And then just cover it in layers of normal, non-glowing biopolymer for safety reasons… so you could even make every shape you want… argh, I hate it when I’m full of ideas and completely out of knowledge :smile:

Isn’t that essentially what Haworth sells?

Is flexNExT less visible after that much time?
Asking 1st implantees

Not a first implantee, so I’m not supposed to answer, but I’ll do it anyway :slight_smile:

I think it depends on where you install it. On my wrist, it’s as good as invisible. The only time I kind of see it is when I roll my wrist all the way to one side of the other: the edges of the implant then push out a tiny bit. But you have to know what to look for to see it.

I’m pretty sure it stands out much more on the back of a hand, because a hand changes shape much more underneath.

Kinda. He sells silicone with glow-in-the-dark, and I’ve got one in. Aaaaand love it!
But I know how good Amal’s “custom service” is (and I actually know how Steve’s is, too - got no problem with the quality, but it takes time. Lots. :wink: ), so I thought about custom shapes and all that stuff… maybe even custom colours? Or is glow-in-the-dark always the same colour?

Mine is in since almost 5 weeks, and it’s visible. The edge that’s near my thumb stands out a little and is the most visible part, the rest of it is more or less visible, depending on how I hold my hand. Still, most people won’t really notice it unless they are looking at my hand directly - and there are few incidents where that happens :wink: If it happens, they might get distracted by the incision anyway :smiley: