The flexM1 gen1a / gen2 has been released!

The flexM1 is the flex variant of our xM1 implantable “magic” Mifare 1k chip, and is available in both gen1a and gen2 versions!

Here is an example of performance improvement of the flexM1 over the xM1 with an ACR122U reader.

The xM1 achieves around 4mm range from the face of the reader.

The flexM1 achieves around 20mm (2cm) from the face of the reader.

To learn more about “magic” Mifare chips, read our post about these magical chips: https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/magic-mifare-chips

9 Likes

On the product page you mentioned how it’s not guaranteed in any capacity due to the source of the chips. Are you able to briefly go over in more detail what sort of problems can be expected? Also I assume you at least pre test them before shipping?

Just so we can make a more educated decision about weather we are comfortable with going through a flex install that may fail.

1 Like

Awesome! Just to figure out now if I need a gen 1 or 2!

1 Like

Since you like bluntness: :sweat_smile:

Given your current skillset and experience the gen2 one seems like it would suit you best as you can use a mobile phone with it unlike the gen1a.

Personally I will be grabbing a 2 purely for that convenience and I have a xM1.

3 Likes

Very true. I do like being an end user.

3 Likes

How much extra do we have to pay if we want the Lego trooper to be included?

5 Likes

Yes we do test them, but honestly I have seen these magic chips just … quit. Of the failed, most kinda still sorta work… you can put them in a reader field and the reader sees… something… but you can’t get data off them or it’s just garbage… small percentage, but it was a much bigger issue with our first batch of xM1… but current batches seem to be much more stable. So much so I may just change the nature of the warning to “be careful” and “we still offer a lifetime warranty”… in fact, I think I will change that now…

4 Likes

Just your time… I’m sure you’ll find something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now if my installer would open up shop again I could buy a gen2 and some Samsung locks.

Are these at all limited in supply or are they something you will restock?

2 Likes

We have limited qty today but these are going to be made on a regular basis and inventory should not be an issue once we get a major delivery of chips… maybe a month or two? I’m working my sources :wink:

1 Like

Cool beans, I wont be to sad if I miss the initial volley then

1 Like

Looks awesome.
gen2 going on my list

Great so we DON’T have to hoard them like toilet paper… :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper:

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this for soo long. Thank you DT! I’m getting my flexM1 gen1a right away. I just ordered my flexM1 gen1a :tada:

1 Like

I’ve had my flexM1 gen1a implanted for close to two months now, I’ve used it multiple times a day as my front door key with my yale doorman lock. After the initial cloning the door writes to the tag every single time I uses it, and no problems so far.
Other than learning how to use my proxmark it has been a blast and I’ve discovered no disadvantages with this chip and the read range is a lot better than for my xM1 :grin:

3 Likes

Okay that does it. Ordered… :slight_smile:

Amal, as discussed in an earlier post, can you try and make the packaging minimal? I really don’t need a great big box full of printed instructions. Nor do I need sterile pads or bandaids. I have a moutain of those things from previous implant jobs. Just the product in a small plain jane cardbox box will do. Keep your nicely printed oversized boxes for more demanding customers. If that’s okay with you of course.

My order number is 19084.

1 Like

As you know @anon3825968 the yale cycles to check for a tag, so I haven’t gotten any real testing done on maximum distance yet (I’ll do it later today for you if you want😁) I just place my hand gently on the reader and it always unlocks🙂

I’m not concerned about reading distance in that case, just ease of use. I also place my hand gently on the reader to open it, it’s just that I need to hit exactly the right spot for that to happen. If it was a bit less demanding location-wise, I’d be happier.

That and if I have a chance to get the Idesco door handle to work with it, that’d be a great bonus.

I’m also curious if I can get just the chip in a minimal envelope? No instructions, no extras.
I can provide my order number.

I get a 1cm readrange on the Yale @Rosco😁

2 Likes

Wow yes, pretty impressive!

2 Likes