The flexMN batch is now open!

Hi all, I see this thread has been quiet since Feb 2021. Does this mean that the FlexMN chips are no longer being made? I’ve been wanting to purchase a flex chip with Magic NTag but I’m having a hard time figuring out if there’ll ever be stock of this again. please advise.

Hey buddy,
So yes and no.
The FlexMN is available
BUT
Only without the LEDs, as they were too fragile to be reliable
AND
Only in the larger FlexDisc format like this

33mm diameter.

There used to be a standard smaller flex option, but the Magic NTAG chip otself is actually a pretty shit performer, so Amal chose to withdraw his offering from the market, as it’s not good for the DT name putting out an inferior product and more importantly, thats basically setting up the customer to fail just to make a quick buck.
I tried to convince him to sell me one at my risk, but he refused…That’s just the kind of guy he is; and I’m thankful for it.

If you can tell me/ us your reason for wanting a Magic NTAG, we might be able to suggest an alternative.

FYI you can buy a Magic NTAG card to experiment with if you want, but just be aware the performance wont be great, but will work, remember as the antenna, as the antenna gets smaller, the performance degrades.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

Firstly I’m not worried about the LEDs, my main reasoning was that I wanted an implant that had both NTAG21X and Mifare Ultralight capabilities. I already have a NeXT implant but have found that the working range of the NFC is rather lacking and the T5577 no longer registers with the access readers at my employer’s new building. (I don’t think anything changed with the NeXT, i think the readers are just low powered and my chip migrated a little close to the bone in my hand, the T5577 still works on the company vending machines :sweat_smile:). I basically just wanted a combo implant in the form of a flex chip for better range and usability and was quite interested when seeing that the FlexMN stated Magic NTag with Ultralight compatibility. The hotel my wife works at uses the Ultralight EV1 cards and I wanted to have a go experimenting with it.

All very valid reasons, thanks for the detailed response.

There is nothing wrong with the FlexMN in the current form (otherwise Amal wouldn’t be selling it)

I dont believe it is a super popular implant, so theres not a great deal of information on it.

I would say, if you have the money, and are happy to implant a 33mm disc, go for it.
Also
The 15mm T5577 contained within will give you far better performance than what you are currently getting on your much smaller NExT

Thanks for all the help. The website though says it’s currently out of stock, or is this incorrect?

Capture

Thats an @amal question.

When I looked at it, it appeared there was stock, but it appears I didnt go far enough into the process, I also got an “out of stock”

Hopefully, Amal can shed some further light on it for you

2 Likes

Yeah we are holding off on the larger stuff right now. Polymer waste is a big concern these days and these round shaped large implants waste a lot of it.

It may come back eventually but right now it’s our of stock.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @amal, I’ll just have to place my order without it then. :cry: