The flexNExT is now in limited release!

little update - ordered one yesterday, let’s see when it arrives here. If there is any interest, I’ll put up some pictures once I get it inside my body :wink:

2 Likes

I confirm that there is intense interest.

2 Likes

Okay, so let’s hope shipping and all the stuff works fine, I’m planning to get it implanted on the 12th of october. When I bought it, the confirmation said something about backorder, and I’m not so sure how fast international delivery currently is, because of… all that stuff going on. But me and my bodymod-artist are already a little hyped^^

Same, I’m super hyped about it. Hopefully it comes quick and customs don’t get all annoying with it I’m looking to have it implanted before end of August, I’m moving house then and need to be all healed up. Can’t wait!

Might depend on where you live - in germany, customs is usually not a big problem.
And maaaaybe, if DT gets everything done super fast, I might even get it implanted in my summer holidays, somewhere between end of july and beginning of august… just can’t wait for it :smiley:

As a rock climber, the whole potentially-fragile-things-in-your-hands deal is the biggest thing that concerns me about all implants. That said, I actually do have an old experimental Cyberise nfcxLED that @amal said I should really get removed— But I’ve been too lazy/scared to, and have been totally fine climbing for the past ~1.5 years with it.

I feel like this form factor would add significant risk to something like crack climbing, specifically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH6V7jWknaM

Just how sturdy is this thing? The tops of your hands frequently get pretty bloody and destroyed from crack climbing, and there’s intense pressure exerted on them.

It also feels weird to me, just looking at the tops of my hands— There’s tendons constantly flexing and popping even as I type this, whereas in the empty thumb-pouch area my implant currently is, there really is… nothing. Thoughts?

Can’t say much about the climbing-stuff (though I’m interested as well how “sturdy” this thing is), but this here…

…should be no problem. 16 days ago, I got a nice (glowing!) silicone implant, 4.5mm thick, on the lower side of my arm directly below the wrist. Lots of tendons there, and some seriously important vessels. For the first week, it hurt a bit when I moved my hand around, by now everything is completely fine (though still slightly swollen). So, considering the thickness of the flexNExT, this should really be easy going.

1 Like

I’m a climber as well, and I’ve had no problems with my Spark 1/xEM the past couple years in my hands. Just ordered the flexNExT a earlier this week, but I definitely wouldn’t trust it in the back of my hands.

I’m honestly not sure either way if the implant would actually get damaged through average climbing sessions, but I can just imagine too many scenarios in which something goes wrong and your hand is damaged in some way that would put the implant (and, more importantly, your healing site) in jeopardy.

I’m planning on getting this installed on the back of my forearm, since it will still be accessible but a little bit more out of the way for climbing activities.

3 Likes

This is super cool. I’m definitely interested in this, although, I have yet to actually receive an implant yet.

In my future for sure, I can’t wait to see where people get this installed. With the size of everything, I can see the performance of it being crazy good! I’m wondering if I can put this on my wrist, near the base of my hand and if it’ll have enough range to where something in the palm of my hand can read it.

I like the idea of it being on the back of my hand, but, with all the tendons and stuff there, might be a little risky. I’d rather play it a little more safe.

Uhuhuhu
I wasn’t on the forum for few days and flexNExT is already ready to buy, awesome.
Probably not now, but I’ll be buying it in the next 2 months for sure.

1 Like

So big, so many colors… omg, I wish I had $500 to drop on a pair of these… and then probably another $200 for install, cause these babies aren’t self install friendly, lol.

1 Like

My install fee was $350… Probably a little steep, but I really liked the guy’s work and he was great, so I have no problem recommending people see a bonafide professional for sure.

3 Likes

Don’t have mine inside my body yet, but I’ve already saved a date at my bodymod artist - he’s charging 250 euros for the procedure. Think that’s absolutely okay, considering he has to pay a rent for the studio, use some time, desinfect everything and all that stuff… so, I’m fine with that.

1 Like

Could you ask this person,

How it feels? I am super curious about the feeling when doing push-ups and such. I worry that I use the backs of my hands too much by wrapping things around them to carry things.

I am honestly intrigued how it feels with like exercise motions.

1 Like

It was just implanted so it probably feels a bit… puffy :slight_smile:

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/flexnext-on-hand-healing-process-and-info-regularly-updated

hi there, I am the hand :smile: , I tried moving my wrist all the way back during and right after implantation and it was fine, there’s about 2cm between the wrist and the implant. Too soon for push ups but i’ll be posting on the the link amal mentioned above :wink: I used to do parkour and still do a bit so believe me I wouldn’t risk loosing mobility, if your hand is big enough it’s fine

1 Like

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw the video. I would absolutely throw this in my hand for the Apex. In addition to the massive read range, it’d be fantastic for something like the Apex to have feedback on reads.

It’s being considered.

3 Likes

If you decide not to do a standard release for it, would it be possible to shower you in enough currency to squeeze at least one out of your lab?

money-shower

Yeah… I’m happy to do things for the community, even if it’s not an official product.

3 Likes