The flexNExT is now in limited release!

I just meant all the colors offered… some are not orderable yet.

What’s the likelihood of the flexNExT interfering with other HF/LF implants at locations like 0 - 4 ? Assuming it is installed in the back of the hand

1 Like

probably pretty high actually

1 Like

Really good question, The range on the FlexNExT is phenomenal, Maybe another good reason to go, back of the wrist.

You can Kakuto-uke “paint the fence” to the reader

KK

UPDATE:
Geez, Amal must be sitting on his keyboard, he keeps beating me by this much :pinching_hand:

1 Like

not only is the range good on the z-axis… it bleeds into the x-axis, hence the issue with nearby chips;

6 Likes

I love the idea, that with the FlexNExT(LED) you could walk up to a reader, and palm it, with the Blinkys “looking” back at you.

I’m not even into the Blinkys, but even I think that would look pretty cool

I just ordered the purple one, I plan to install this on the back of my left hand. The only issue is that I have the NExT in my left hand at the recommended position for that lol.

Hey @splattergoo

welcome, It took you a while to come over from the Vivokey Forum.

If I was in your situation, I would just try a “dry-fit” first, before committing to that location, you might just get away with it; Otherwise, consider changing locations or moving the NExT.

1 Like

Fuck me. I wish I had money for this monster

1 Like

3 Likes

Great spotting ZigzagBrokenInsect-max-1mb

tumblr_n9i55awzpg1s021dwo1_500

1 Like

If i wasnt broke and terrified of the installation i would totally get one

I’m pretty new into all that chipping-thing (simply having fun with various bodymods until now), but I really love the lights, so I guess I will get one and find out how useful chips can be for me.
I plan to install it on the back of the hand, for that might simply look best and should work fine - but, considering its size (and my relatively small hands…), I really hope it is flexible enough for that…

Is @amal crazy enough to release a Apex in this form factor some time next year?

3 Likes

I think I’d be down for that. I’ve been mentally rearranging where I’ll be putting the 3 flex’s I’ve got (M1,EM,NT) all the while leaving a space for Apex when it hits wide release. Absolute maximum range for the Apex would be great so I don’t look like a fool waving my hand all over trying to get a pay terminal to respond.

1 Like

Plus I’m not sure how many people are going to be jazzed about someone rubbing themselves on debit machines after covid

2 Likes

anyone have any ideas where to go or who to talk to about installing one of these

Alot will depend on your location. Finding someone close enough in your area that does advanced work.

Look for body mod studios, the kind that does silicone subdermals and things like that.

You may also have luck with some scarification artists since they are handy with a scalpel, but that’d be a plan B

1 Like

Got another (possibly very silly) question - do the LED burn out after a time? I know about the Northstar v1 and its lifespan of about 10.000 times light-on-light-out, simply because it wasn’t rechargeable, so how does that work here? Do the LED recharge through the readers or not at all? If not, how long will they work?
And, a question from my bodymod artist (:heart:) - how much can you bend these? So, can they be “folded” a bit, like a silicone implant, or does the incision have to be the full 4 cm?