The flexNExT is now in limited release!

You sir are one amazing person lol were here like oh amal this would be cool. Amal is either

A: Yeah look im already doing it
Or
B: Hold my shit this looks cool

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Right, looks like you already thought of it :slight_smile:

Why do you hesitate to make it a product? Is there some kind of a problem with it?

ehh… honestly it’s the sourcing… on alibaba there is only one vendor that has these I can find … the rest are just LEDs… and this vendor is a nightmare to work with and the brightness varies by color from nearly imperceptible (red) to pretty good (green) and basically it’s a drain. With the Titan and other secret projects going on, it was just back burner forever. I don’t particularly feel good about ordering $12 packs of these from lab401 and paying international shipping on top of that for a small qty either.

basically if anyone can find the type lab401 are selling on alibaba or aliexpress, i’d order some and test… if they are good and bright and consistent, I’d make a product. the first goal would be to see what the MOQ would be to get an NTAG216 chip instead of NTAG213.

I see. Alternatively, should one order one of those things from wherever and be happy with the brightness, can one send it to you for conversion?

ah hmm… sure… that works.

Quote for this job (nfc nail conversion with glow resin) is 2SU

Ah okay. I thought you only did payment chip conversions.

Pardon my ignorance, but what’s a SU? Spicy Unicorn? Straight Up? Shut Up?

hah well i just slapped that together just for you :wink:

“service units” … check the product description :wink:

Neat!

Okay so 120 smackers then. I’m not sure I get the idea behind the Service Unit thing - other than it’s a multiple of $60, so maybe you have Inca ancestors - but okay.

I’ll order a bunch of NFC thingies from Lab401, see what they’re worth, and then I’ll get back to you.

No need to stop there. Please, continue.

2 Likes

Careful there bubba: if Amal spreads himself too thin, nothing will get finished :slight_smile:

basically i chose a number that seemed reasonable to price in multiples. for example, someone sent me a felica card to convert and those things are a fucking huge pain in the ass to get into… 4 SUs for that shit.

Yeah I get it. It’s just that most other companies simply quote you in mutliples of one dollar.

huh

So, to be precise, this is an LED blinky with glow resin?

Because I love the way it looks, going from that faint glow-in-the-dark green to a strong, NFC deep blue.

I wonder; could 3 of those fit in place of the blinkies on a FlexNExT?

yeah i basically put glow poweder resin overtop the LED and when i remove the LED from the reader and it goes dark, the glow resin that was charged up by the LED continues to glow. if i slid the green one off the reader, the glow powder would not glow because green is the equivalent energy the powder outputs and there always has to be a cost for photon conversion, so green cannot charge green glow powder.

well not these specifically, but if you wanted glow powder resin overtop the LEDs i do use in the flexNExT then sure, order a custom jobbie and specify blue LEDs with glow powder resin over them.

1 Like

I suppose nobody knows if the glow-in-the-dark thing actually shows under the skin yet - at least as much as Coma’s big mass of Haworth implant. Do you know when the lucky first implantee will get the one you made under their skin?

1 Like

Oooooo. Yeah that’s what I meant, resin added to the FlexNExT LEDs.

I wonder how deep blue shifts under skin, specifically brown skin.

Regardless of how the colors end up, switching from the faint “green” to the “blue” when interacting with those 13.56MHz fields will be a really awesome attribute.

“Quotes” because I don’t know how the “green” and “blue” will actually end up color wise under my skin.

As I save up money, I’ll debate on that idea, or going with regular white LEDs instead.

And while I’m here; will white LEDs be available as a FlexNExT option anytime soon?

Add one to a Titan and call it the E.T. implant.

1 Like

I hate you because now I want it :rofl:

1 Like

well we sorta do… a while back i did a brightness comparison with the xGLO and the glow powder charged by LEDs are basically 2x to 3x brighter right after charging… 30 seconds later it’s still brighter… it’s in a thread somewhere on here.

1 Like