The M1: A Compact Multitool for Technophiles and Hackers

I’ve been thinking about getting a Flipper but would like something with WiFi capabilities. I know that it wont replace my Proxmark3 or Alfa AWUS036NHA but those features would be nice to have.

1 Like

i know out of the box it doesnt. but the wifi boards are a dime a dozen, or if you have an ESP32 laying around you can attach it to the gpio pins and it is pretty easy.

i havent done a multiboard run in a while but if i were to do another id likely use an ESP32 S2 instead of the 3. too many issues it seems rn

1 Like

I might have a few of those… :robot_windows:

I’m really surprised not a single person has mentioned the device between the flipper and the m1 , ‘cyperpro’, and how they’ve taken $170,000 and pretty much dipped now. They even went as far as hiring a discord admin to try and mitigate the damage but failed miserably.

So there are two flipper clones on Kickstarter.

• MonstaTek M1
  • Cyper Pro

They got great funding and they look like copy pasta from Flipper.

My guess,
Since they are basing their HW on the Flipper hw specs they will be able to copy pasta the flipper source code. You will end up with same functionality right of the bat, doing what you are already doing with the Flipper.
If they have money over they merge in the wifi parts most likely from the wifi addon board project for flipper.

What I don’t see is anything new.
Will they make their own app store? Make their own Android / IOS apps? How to maintain the source code once its out. Have they informed about a plan for the next years of adding new functionality?

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Proxmark3- Where to start learning?

Cyper pro looks even more ridiculous. Sorry really makes me think of some chinese clone rip off scam. Where on earth does the name Cyper come from? Looks like they mispelled Cyber. The size is bigger than flipper, they market as a device for the “Hacker” mindset, more suited to phreaking rather than hacking. Even so marketing as a phreaker device rather than a pen testing device shows where they are going with this. The gameboy design? Pah. Flipper had me at the Johnny Mnemonic reference.

Sorry, rant over.

1 Like

Add ons

Case colour choices
Black, White or Translucent

• Silicon case (grey, black)
  • Wrist strap
  • RGID Fob
  • Screen Protectors (pack of 3)
  • Another M1

1 Like

Yipee!!
I normally go for a stealthy black but the idea that the antennas could be visible in the translucent version makes this a no-brainer for me. That said, it looks like the silicone case is going to cover all the clear parts.

1 Like

They couldn’t possibly ban SDRs. Almost every consumer radio enabled device uses them at this point and a lot of those devices can be hacked to allow you to specify what frequency/package to transmit. This is just more legislation written by the tech illiterate.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was being facetious.
Just pointing our how absolutely ridiculous the law is.

I should have joked in American.

It would be like banning AK-47s but allowing M16s

:rofl:

yep

3 Likes

As an American I approve this message.

3 Likes

Well… Not to be pedantic. It’s technically it’s the other way around. Semi auto variants of the AK47 are legal.

The M16 isn’t legal to civilians unless it was made prior to 1986 and damnit those pre and are expensive.

There’s hoops to owning them but it isn’t as easy as some lead you to believe

3 Likes

Tap to expand :point_up:

1 Like

Is that a good choice?

In term of raw spec, probably …
In term of openness and cross compatibility with the flipper stuff, probably not …

1 Like

Not sure how much of a difference that will make to us foreigners: I think it just means that we will get the nasty surprise of added customs/taxes earlier, during the shipping calculation process, instead of at the moment of delivery.
Unless of course, they manage to get a good group deal for all the units going to one country.

1 Like