The official Titan batch #2 campaign thread

Actually it could make a lot of difference. Consider that lifting strength is a factor of the inverse cube law that states the field effect will drop with distance at an exponential rate. You can experience this in real life with a normal magnet… As you slowly approach a piece of metal or something you can sense that as soon as you start to feel the magnets pull, even a tiny closing of distance will result in a massive change in pull strength… this is why things tend to snap to magnets instead of just get pulled at a regular linear increase. To put it into specific numbers, let’s say a Titan magnet can hold a single one gram paper clip in air at 2 mm and even account for the swaying movement and wind and all that… but at 2.2mm it falls… 0.2 mm of swelling is more than likely to be occurring so soon after installation.

2 Likes

Michelle has the rest of the Titans for batch 2 now and the remaining backers should be getting shipping notices asap.

5 Likes

Mine is ETA on Thursday! Can’t wait!

Same, and I’m absolutely ecstatic.

I am so excited! I’ll be scheduling an install appointment for asap as soon as I have it in hand.

1 Like

Technically, you’ll have it “in hand” after your install appointment… (Unless you’re going for a different placement)

1 Like

I received my Titan today. Thanks Amal, the packaging is awesome!

Now I just need to call Pineapple to put it in my hand.

1 Like

Let me know what he says / how it goes. I’m still dithering around about getting mine installed, and he’s the most likely installer in my area.

Nice!

Are you in the US? I’m still anxiously awaiting my shipment notification, but I didn’t order until near the end of the campaign, so mine might be later.

Yes I’m in the US. I think the next shipping batch is going out soon, I was #26 if I remember correctly.

i think mine will go in tonight

1 Like

ah and:

4 Likes

Definitely keep us updated! Pineapple is who I’d use if/when I get the titan, so I’m definitely interested in hearing about your experiences.

1 Like

MY TITAN ARRIVED TODAY! Sadly, my installer is busy until July 21st but I’ve made the appointment!

5 Likes

Mine was supposed to be delivered today, but it is lost somewhere in Ohio. I hope it shows up tomorrow.

You realise you have been “Marked” and your cat now owns you?

64765062415e687a8dfbcda6e1f4f1a3457ac097_2_750x1000

3 Likes

She’s owned me from day one!

7 Likes

All right it’s in. Self install so I didn’t record it. The numbing gel didn’t work for me, so a little bit of ice and an elastic around my ring finger was all I had.

If you’re stupid enough I recommend a good scalpel, lots of light, A shot of some thing “spicy” And some really loud Motörhead playing in the background.

I think I had the elastic a little too tight because there was no blood, the whole thing was done in about five minutes when I cut the elastic off my hand just ached in pain.

This thing Hass to go pretty deep it was huge!

Pics to come in a couple days!

9 Likes

What location did you decide on?

1 Like