The official Titan batch #2 campaign thread

Left hand ring finger gee tip.
So un-fun.

1 Like

Ooofā€¦ Thatā€™s where Iā€™m planning my install. Seems like the best location for sensing.
Anyone have any troubles with barbells/lifting from this install location? Iā€™m working with a trainer for some more traditional body-modification (upper body weak nerd here). I realize there will be a period where I will not want to strain the install location, but after itā€™s been installed, I should be okay, right?

I sent an email to Pineapple few days ago. He does not recommend placing Titan in the fingertip, because he believes itā€™s too big. But he said he would do it for me since I already have another magnet in my hand and Iā€™m familiar with the whole procedure. I guess he wants to make sure that if implant fails due to its size, I donā€™t complain later :laughing:

(I have one of Howarthā€™s magnets on the side of my hand that Pineapple implanted himself more than 4 years ago. Itā€™s still working fine and I never had any problem with it)

2 Likes

Titan: 2.8mm Ɨ 4.5mm
Haworth: 2.54mm Ɨ 4.191mm

I know there has to be a limit somewhere, but were talking ~0.3mm difference, that aint much.

3 Likes

I donā€™t have a Haworth magnet in my fingertip, itā€™s in the side of hand. They are not good for sensing if Iā€™m not mistaken, mostly because of their silicone case.

Did Pineapple have a suggestion where he thought it might fit better? Curios what his perspective is.

1 Like

He didnā€™t mention an alternative to fingertip. I will ask him when I go for implanting Titan.

3 Likes

Mine arrived on Saturday! I am so flippin excited! Iā€™m probably going to wait for Grindfest and have Cass install it so the wait will be tough!

3 Likes

good to hear-Iā€™m also hoping for a fingertip install, and heā€™s the closest

2 Likes

New user, but long time lurker here and this will be a long one. The titan will be my first implant, but definitely not my last. Iā€™m in love with the work of dangerous things providing biohacking to the masses.
I just got my delivery yesterday and Iā€™m very excited to get it in me. Iā€™m in west Florida and I have a contact for the procedure through a friend. My sister got the xG3 and will have it in position 0 while my titan will be in my left hand ring finger. Iā€™ve heard a lot about size problems, but I have pretty large fingers and Iā€™m going to speak with my professional about cutting a pocket for insertion. I think it would be a good idea and Iā€™m not too worried about it, but Iā€™ll take their input.
Iā€™m not too worried about the procedure, so I think my main concern is about the aftercare. I spent a couple days with a small bandage around my finger to get an idea of what my major issues would be. Washing my hands is a bit of an extra chore and I do so very often, so I got a bit worked up about not being able to keep my hands clean, especially in the current world. My partner is very forgetful, so Iā€™ve cought them grabbing on my hands a lot, but I think thatā€™s something Iā€™ll be better about when itā€™s actually in.
Overall, I think Iā€™m finally ready to do this after years of following the community and talking to family and friends about it. Iā€™m really excited to try and share pictures of my journey if possible and join a group of people Iā€™ve only ever felt welcome by. Thanks for reading :heart:
IMG_20210628_181632

5 Likes

In case anyone still wondering, this is the case. With less swelling, I can now lift up to 4 paperclips.

4 Likes

You certainly sound like you are more than ready.
Iā€™m looking forward to seeing your updates.
Good luck buddy

What do you think,

grafik

will it create a bond to the surrounding tissue like the biobond polymer on glass implants because of the rough surface?

some people managed to rotate it inside of the pocket but i was still wondering^

Received mine and excited to have it installed!

It will not. The surface isnā€™t porous like biobond, it just has a series of tiny ridges left by machining. This is like the indents on your shoesā€¦ might create a little resistance to movement but itā€™s not definitely bonded to the sidewalkā€¦ so to speak.

4 Likes

just received mine! any advice on where itā€™s better to install?

left ring finger, the typical spot not directly in the pad but more to the side.

2 Likes

+1
Thatā€™s what I did

And itā€™s out. Wouldnā€™t heal up. Gonna have to wait and try in in a few weeks somewhere else.

Oh noooooooo