The official Titan batch #2 campaign thread

Is this batch will be submerged in (a) room temp cleaning solution(s), vibrated the living c̶r̶…organisms off of it, placed in a vial and happy days?

If payday fairly is generous I’ll back another one :cowboy_hat_face:

A magnetic field viewing card would be a p̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶… cool stretch goal to include. I recently ordered one to make a custom diagnostic card, but probably will end up in the box of dead projects.

4 Likes

indeed :slight_smile:

oh man that’s TRUE!!!

4 Likes

Stretch goal for 51?

1 Like

i’m looking into it

2 Likes

Atilla is guessing it would be up to standard to throw in a unique… or in some form creative viewing card, rather than some bulk-bought stuff from amazon.

Cutting the sheets might not be the greatest idea, thus they contain ferromagnetic dust suspended in oil.
I guess (again), that the sealer what vac-pack machines have could keep the good stuff inside, but simply cutting a sheet smaller is below the standard we got custom to.
Hexagons can tile space, so less wastage, but the heating filament has to be custom bent and etc…

p̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶… challenging stretch goal, perhaps in the ballpark of the plasma sterilisation.
Edit: Double vial?

Curious1

Curious2

I have some pcb left and was wondering to put an LF and HF blinky on it.
Might as well glue a ferrocell on since I am thinking about getting 3 more magnets…
If I put a white mask underneath the viewing film it might be possible to see something interesting.
(The whole point is to play with the laser cutter.)

1 Like

Say no more…

index

4 Likes

Magnetic viewing film? Could be interesting to compare titan’s sensitivity with some measurements from film.

wat? How do you quantify that?

Brightness? No idea :slight_smile: Just something that I thought would be fun to play with, and won’t be too pricey to affect the campaign.

1 Like

comparisons were already posted in the OG titan thread using may Gauss meter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Discovering your environment can keep you entertained for longer.

I checked my watch, my laptop, phone and a few more stuff with the film. It picks up details even though a PCB board, but results are more interesting if put closer to the field.

The film I bought is cut… No need for sealing as it seems. Let me play with it a bit more and I double check :wink:

1 Like

We just need one more to reach the stretch goal!

To any Europeans who received the first batch Titan: any issues with shipping the numbing gel?

I didnt have any issues in the UK

Nope, my package was opened and inspected in germany.

Same, all went well.

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:Ok. Next week…

1 Like

I ordered mine and am backer 49 :smiley:

Magnetic field detector would be a cool stretch goal :smirk:

5 Likes