The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

Here ya go. It is something

1 Like

Of course, with these things there is so much that is subjectiveā€¦ ā€œbetterā€ could mean a lot of different things depending on the person askingā€¦ but I can point out the things that magnets from other manufacturers do not have;

1. lifetime warranty - other magnet makers offer no warranty and fully expect their products to eventually failā€¦ they even state as much, saying ā€œmagnets eventually need to come outā€ā€¦ or at least Iā€™ve seen this commonly said in the bod mod community.

2. titanium - nobody else uses medical grade encapsulation commonly used for permenantly implanted medical devices. For example, silicone might be a ā€œmedical gradeā€ elastomer (you hope they are using medical grade elastomer), but its use in this way is not a medically accepted application.

3. in the case of the xG3, nobody has magnets pre-loaded into injection assemblies and nobody else is processing them in EO gas so they are clinically sterileā€¦ but the jury is still out on the Titan whether we will explore EO gas sterilization.

Not likely

Absolutely! All backers of this campaign get the perks.

5 Likes

What?! Wait a secā€¦ Is the magnet going to be pre-loaded??!
That would be awesomeness!
Thanks F@ I lost access to my registered paypal email, otherwise I would have splashed a rather significant amount of money with the coupon. XD

@amal, Is there a chance to get a DT sticker with the delivery?

2 Likes

Oh sorry no that was in reference to our xG3 cylinder magnet.

1 Like

Ah, makes sense! Iā€™m guessing the Titan will need a pocket to be made.

Punny :grin:

Oh, where are you going to put it?

2 Likes

Just noticed amal got exited on the titan page

6 Likes

Just dropped $1500 on a training courseā€¦ So glad the campaign is going for a month, will allow some time for the piggy bank to refresh or I could tell the CFO that the course cost $2000ā€¦ there was $500 in material fees for the courseā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve managed to get to 85% funded.
Waiting for the bank account to re-fill in two weeks S-U-C-K-S.

2 Likes

Finally had time today to sit and make a quick thank you video!!

18 Likes

Some still fundraising for their fundraising
BUT

IN THEORY
there should be AT LEAST 35 backers

1 Like

Iā€™m still acquiring funds, but Iā€™ll be there!
tenor

10 Likes

So would you be able to sense current in low power circuits like 5v and under? Would be a pretty good excuse to get one if it helps troubleshoot circuits for school and work lol although I guess at this point no one knows until itā€™s being tested on

You can detect current flow at any voltage as long as thereā€™s a few amps flowing though the wire. Trouble is most low-voltage systems have trouble pushing an amp or more current because of the inherent resistance of most wires.

Yeah we donā€™t really go anywhere near an amp right now, we mostly work with basic components, CPLD, FGPA and other low voltage embedded systems

still might get this anyways just worried how bad it would be for weight lifting and stuff since I would probably want it on the pad of my ring or middle finger

I can feel down to 10A AC if itā€™s only a wire without any further insulation with the one I got right now.
Donā€™t know how that will translate to the Titan though.
Also, I think feeling DC would be a lot harder since it would just be a slight pulling force vs a vibration.

Transformers or motors are a whole different story there. The ones at low frequency almost made me drop things out of surprise before ^^`

Itā€™s so great to see where all this is going - incredible bunch of people here :wink:

Adding stretch-goals didnā€™t seem necessary at all to me (after all, weā€™re getting a titan magnet, what else could we want :smiley: ), but when I heard about the possibility of EO-gas, yeees, that would be really nice. If I get it right, the reason you currently donā€™t sterilize the implants you sell is simply because you donā€™t have the machine for it? Dunno how much one would costs, and I have no idea if anyone here would prefer his implants sterilized rather than sanitized (except for me picky personā€¦), but crowdfunding seems to work pretty well here, soā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, rather expensive. I doubt itā€™s really on the cards, itā€™s well beyond stretch goals from quick lookup. I think the plan is to get the batch run through EO at a processor. I inquired to have some stuff run through at a local sterilising company up the road from my old work, and it was not cheap.

1 Like

Thatā€™d be fine for me, of course - Iā€™d implant it nevertheless, even if itā€™d be ā€œjustā€ sanitized. Like I said, Iā€™m just a picky person who usually stayed away from anything bod-mod-related thatā€™s not sterile :wink:

That one is interesting, though - may I ask how ā€œnot cheapā€ it was? And what kind of company offers such services? I asked my local and not-so-local bodmod-studios, but they all work with autoclaves, and than I ran out of ideasā€¦ maybe doctors? Who else uses eo-gas-sterilization? :thinking:

I think it was $600aud just to set up for a batch, then fees per item.