The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

Campaign is live!

The Titan crowdfunding campaign is now live! Go to dngr.us/titan now to back the Titan!

Jitsi Meet

We are holding a Titan launch campaign chat for up to one hour after the campaign launches via Jitsi Meet, which is a free open source browser only based video chat service. You can choose to join audio only of course, but I will be available for up to an hour after launch to chat! To join, just go to Jitsi Meet on any handy browser, type your name, and join the call… just that easy!

Official Titan campaign thread

This will remain the Titan official crowdfunding campaign thread for the duration of the campaign. Questions, answers, campaign updates, etc. will all be here so keep an eye on this thread.

Notes about the campaign…

Campaign Stats
One thing to note about the crowdfunding solution we’ve integrated into the Dangerous Things website is that it does a periodic calculation to arrive at all the campaign metrics, so if you back the Titan and do not immediately see the backer count or amount raised go up, it may take a couple minutes… but it will update eventually.

Backer coupon
One thing to note about the backer coupon - it will be tied to the email address you use to back the campaign with. Even though we do not currently allow accounts (thanks spammers), the email address you use to check out with will be the one attached to the backer coupon, so be sure you type it accurately and it is an email address you will continue to have access to for at least a year following the campaign. Coupons will not be reassigned to new email addresses!

THANK YOU EVERYONE! DON’T FORGET TO SHARE DNGR.US/TITAN WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED!

11 Likes

Hope you’ll look here @amal
check text chat pls

1 Like

Thanks for being on the chat. Have a good day/night!

4 Likes

Thanks for a chat
So excited for this campaign

3 Likes

Been going for 4hrs? I think anyway. And it’s 50% funded. I think we’ll make it.

I’m still in cash gathering mode, but should be able to pull it off in the allotted time.

Magnetic Happiness!

4 Likes

Same, I need a week or so and I am probably backing it up with 1 mag

2 Likes

Know that feeling when you drop $500 and immediately wonder if you made a mistake?

I do. (Not a mistake, just a hard number to swallow)

8 Likes

I mean, you are in the perfect spot to make sure any accounts are cyborgs with Vivokey.

3 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

i just realized that i completely forgot about the chat. oops…
Well, time to drop $500!

EDIT: done. it hurts my bank account but its done

4 Likes

I feel you there…

5 Likes

Yeah, sleep claimed me. Too old to stay up all night and still get up for work I suppose.

4 Likes

Hey @amal, looking at how quickly this is going ($9000 already), is there a possibility of starting the “6 weeks for tooling and materials” as soon as we hit the goal? or at least the tooling part? if my math is somewhat decent, starting a few weeks early would land us right in time to play cyborg Santa. and i presume that tooling doesn’t require exact numbers yet

2 Likes

Bloody hell only 3000 left :flushed:

5 Likes

Yeah I basically planned on this. Tooling can start as soon as we hit the goal. Materials we can sorta guess at… but the timeline basically assumed we’d start as soon as possible on what we can safely start early.

6 Likes

Had fun at work today - opened the shop, hurried into the office, started private-mode-browser and spent 500,- $. Got it all done until 8 minutes after the campaign start :smile:

Reeeeeeeally excited!

6 Likes

Logged in after 1:00 am, blew $500.00 bucks, rolled over and went back to sleep - or was it a dream… :sleeping:

Nope - PayPal confirms :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I’m so impressed by this community. The follow-through is inspiring.

10 Likes

I just joined in! 500$ from Germany. So you need only 1.500$ more to reach your goal!!! I am very excited. The PayPal confirmation doesn’t hurt me so much because the price converted to €uro sounds a little bit better😂 so I am ready for magnet number five!!!

7 Likes

Out of curiosity, when does this start? No Rush really.

no email with email

1 Like