The self install is done!

It is done🥰 thank you to this forum for all the support and information. Literally wouldn’t have been able to do this without you guys.

Now how do I make this damn thing light up​:joy::joy:

5 Likes

Haha, well the install is the easy part, The hard part is the waiting for swelling to go down so you can see the blink :wink: :blinky_green:

mr-bean-waiting

About 2 weeks buddy!!!

3 Likes

Yea I figured I’d have to wait since the range on these is so low.:joy::joy:

1 Like

Do you get a read now (even with difficulty)?

Speaking of swelling, I know I’ve said it before, but I really wonder if the body simply gets used to receiving implants at some point and stops swelling. The last few big implants jobs I had done (including a flexEM that’s on the larger side, even if it’s no flexNExT) resulted in absolutely zero swelling. It’s like my body just goes “Oh… Another one? Meh…”

Either that or my two usual installers are really that good.

2 Likes

My NExT and Spark 2 didn’t swell either. Which for me was odd because I only had the xNT before those two. More recently my flex needle install of purewrist conversion had just the slightest amount of swelling that went away by the next day

1 Like

I got a read last night but I’m not getting a read today

And I do have my lip pierced so I feel like my body is kind of used to it in a sense. Because it had zero pain I feel nothing except for the initial Poke which even still was just like a bunch of pressure. I definitely think your body can get used to stuff like that because I do have a bunch of tattoos and my body is absolutely used to tatts now

The most important is that you got a read at least once. It means it’s just waiting for your meat to stop freaking out to do its magic.

Getting absolutely no read after the installation is more worrying - especially just after the jab, when your hand hasn’t had time to swell up yet. Some people here have had to wait quite some time for confirmation that their implant wasn’t in fact DOA. That’s considerably more annoying. But you’re all good.

1 Like

To be honest, swelling is not technically the correct term here. Swelling is an autoimmune response… but typically what’s happening here is that tissue is simply damaged and fluids are collecting in various layers. It’s not the same thing as the body responding to something like a sliver with bacteria and all kinds of easily detected invaders… the glass is relatively inactive where the immune system is concerned.

2 Likes

You’re right because it’s totally went down and I can now scan! Less than 12 hrs after install​:pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4:

So what is it called? Ballooning up?

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification man!

:joy::joy:

Probably not quite. When it’s truly dry, you’ll see the difference for good. But it’s great that you got a read.

1 Like

No idea I guess swelling is correct enough… just like sugar means a range of molecules and metal means a range of atom types.

3 Likes

The swell is very very slight

2 Likes

People understand swelling, but we could instead say
inflammatory response or Imflamation

We would be better saying thenar webspace or purlicue… but we dont

We would be better saying Low Frequency rather than RFID…but we dont (but I do try)

1 Like

Fixed It For You

1 Like

How about we call it the corporeal response to a traumatic event :man_student: :laughing:

1 Like

Perfect​:joy::joy: