The Titan is now a regular retail item!

not even your

Palmaris Longus Muscle?

I know you were planning something for it, was that it?

1 Like

Shit… You really do have a long memory. I’m beginning to wonder if those rumors about you being an AI have some truth in em.

Yes that’s the one. I could have it implanted tomorrow by my installer. The trouble is, when I approached him with the idea, he agreed to do it immediately (after doing some research of course). Anybody willing to mess around with arm muscles - even a vestigial one - without looking slightly concerned even for a minute scares me.

1 Like

Meh, he said “It’s vestigial, where’s the 'arm in it”

Or he thought “Ha, perfect learning opportunity.”

As for @Pilgrimsmaster I am beginning to wonder if he is an accidental AI creation that got free on the internet and is now trying to hurry the singularity along.

1 Like

Joke aside, probably a bit of both. And to be fair, I think he might be talented enough to pull it off safely. But anybody who knows anything about the intricacies of muscles, tendons and nerves in the arms and hands should look at least slightly worried when asked to do this, and he didn’t. A doctor would be alarmed by my request.

I know he’s done enough crazy stuff in his life to be totally unimpressed by just about anything. But my overactive sense of self-preservation felt his response was a bit too casual-like. Call me Mister Boring…

1 Like

I don’t blame you, and if I was him I would look at it as a mixture of both.

I would look at what was required, and assuming I thought I could do it, would assume that as you had such a specific request that you were fully aware of all of the possible risks.

But I don’t blame you for deciding to pause on that.

The best thing about vestigial is, if it goes wrong, you can just remove it… :wink:

0todv7

This doesn’t help my case but when I read that my first thought was an “indie” song :man_shrugging: that Amal posted called singularity.

Kinda catchy…
He thought it should be our theme song

I thought I should UPDATE this post for those of you that missed it.

2 Likes

I don’t know Lassi in person, but this might be very much the case.
Plus, bodmod artist usually help other people achieve their dreams, even if they seem dangerous / impossible / crazy, so there is a very different mindset compared to a surgeon or the like.
I once told Arnulf, jokingly, that I would like to have a USB port behind my ear or somewhere, and he instantly came up with ideas on how to achieve that. It would be annoying, partly risky, and totally possible. He just insists that I am aware of things that can go wrong, and that I agree in doing experimental stuff without knowing the exact outcome, and if that’s all okay, he’ll help me achieve whatever I’d love to get (as long as he is able to, of course!).
I really love that mindset, though I can understand it can be worrying if you’re used to doctors or surgeons who would rather talk you away from such ideas :wink:

But knowing that mindset, and knowing that Lassi is a Finn (who seem to be a bit special anyway :wink: ), his reaction doesn’t really surprise me :woman_shrugging: :smile:

1 Like

I think I understand that the idea behind body artistry (as opposed to medicine) is that the artist helps you achieve what you want in the safest possible way. But if what you want to do is stupid to begin with, well, the onus is on you not to do stupid things to your own body. Which I suppose is fine when you deal with responsible individuals such as us, but maybe not so great for folks who have no concept of the risks of what they request.

Hmmmmyes… but I think that people who are not aware of the possible risks, or totally new to the world of body artistry, would be adressed differently. I guess Lassi knows you and your unusual ideas a bit by now, knows that you are responsible and sound, and thus thinks that you are aware of what might go wrong :wink:
And he seems to be confident in his own skills - I don’t think he would risk his reputation with an experimental install unless he knows it will lead to a good result :woman_shrugging:

That depends on whom you ask :slight_smile:

It always does :wink:

So now that the Titan is a regular retail item, I’m going to buy one and put it in my fingertip.
Now I need to figure out where to put my xG3 v1 I bought. Any recommendations?

I don’t have any magnets, but there are a few people with them in their blade/knife edge

Have you seen this thread?

@mrln aka Mr magneto aka the magnet man has a bunch of photos with him showing off his knife edge (and fingertips of course)

1 Like

Thank you @Pilgrimsmaster ! Helpful as always.

1 Like

I was just wondering how many people have taken advantage of the lower price and now stocked item?

If you got a TiTAN at the new price, and you got this many :magnet_titan: ?

• 5+

0 voters

1 Like

Why not have another Poll or 2 :interrobang:

I havent yet grabbed myself a new TiTAN BUT…

• I am Undecided
  • I plan to get one SOON ™
  • I plan to get one when I have $$$
  • I plan to get one “Later”
  • I have all the magnets I want
  • I don’t want a TiTAN
  • I don’t want any magnets

0 voters

If you are planning on getting a TiTAN, how many do you plan to get?

• 5+

0 voters

If DT sold out of TiTANS, on a scale of :poop: how would you feel

:poop:
:poop::poop:
:poop::poop::poop:
:poop::poop::poop::poop:
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

DT sells out of TiTAN before I get one, I would feel :poop:

0 voters

At least for now, I don’t intend to get any magnets but I like having the option to order one if I ever change my mind.

2 Likes

Remember when the forum was all about the TiTAN,
CONSTANTLY
NON-STOP
It has been quiet on the magneto front for a while.

Just checking in to see how the polls are going and curious how many TiTANs have flown out the door?

Maybe some TiTAN :magnet_titan: Christmas presents?

link to polls if you havent answered it, or if you have changed your mind

1 Like

Yeah… mine is still sitting in its beautiful box. I will get it installed, that’s for sure, but to be honest… first, Covid fucked up a lot of things considering bodmods, and now… well. I will not get it installed without having some free days afterwards. There’s no way I’ll be going to work with a freshly-installed fingertip implant and stitches :smile:
So, if all goes well, I’ll be getting it either in february or next summer :woman_shrugging: :wink:

4 Likes