The xG3 v2 is now available!

Thanks for your input! I’m set on putting it in my left knife edge.

Did you do a self install? If so, was it pretty easy to install in the knife edge? I self installed my NeXT in P0 and I’m leaning on doing a self install with this too. The knife edge has plenty of meat and distance from bone so it seems like it wouldn’t be too hard.

Nah. I nearly passed out having someone else do it for me, there’s no way I could do it myself :stuck_out_tongue:. It’ll be harder to get the right angle then a P0 self install, but definitely not impossible. I know @mrln did a self install though. They have a video here of their xG3 v2 self install, and I’m sure can chime in with more details then I can give.

2 Likes

Even if i hit my hand as hard as i can on a table i still don’t feel it^

as i said, i never feel it - okay if there is a metal surface that’s a different thing :smiley:

2 Likes

No idea about self-installing things there, but the knife edge is a total bastard when it comes to skin thickness. The resistance it gives before you get something in there is pretty insane, I think, and I was being cut open with a scalpel there :wink:

2 Likes

I definitely felt a difference in the force needed when I had mine installed, but it wasn’t anything drastic. Definitely not enough to make me think that a self install would be extremely difficult. Granted, my installer did my P0 implants from the wrist side where the skin is thicker as well, so I might not be the best source for this :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I had my xG3 V1 installed at the knife edge of my left hand. It way way harder to get it in there than the next between first and second metacarpals

2 Likes

Agreed, knife edge takes some oomph to break the skin, pretty surprising

I think I’ve finally decided to yank my v1 and replace with a v2,

Just need to figure out if I’m going to try for same pocket in one go, let it heal first, or slightly different location

Force

4 Likes

5 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s already been brought up somewhere however I was wondering if these magnets are strong enough to damage your phone if it gets too close. Thanks in advance for any info.

1 Like

Nope, you’re good. Commercially available permanent magnets aren’t strong enough to mess with the the solid state electronics in your phone (except making any magnetometer readings wonky). Even computer hard disk drives that use magnetic storage aren’t really susceptible to anything but the biggest permanent magnets. They have mu metal waveguides

3 Likes

Awesome. Thank you. I have a NExT in my right hand that I do stuff with my phone on and I was wanting to get the magnet next to it (at least 5mm away) and was kinda concerned it wouldn’t be a good spot. Thank you again for the fast response.

1 Like

That’s actually a good question, as I’m getting a xG3 realsoonnow™️ and it will be on the hand that’s the closest to the phone.

1 Like

I believe the recommended distance between a magnet and any other implant was at least 5 cm, and the distance between any rfid chips was 5 mm. Just because potentially the magnet might attract the other implant and end up causing pinching, migration, impact, bad stuff :tm: . I’m on mobile and can’t search/link as easily right now

1 Like

here’s the reference

:rofl:

1 Like

You may find, as I did, that your direction retical and Google maps might be way way off if you hold the phone in a hand with a magnet implant.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks. Not too much of a problem. I can put it in the other hand if I need orientation.

Could my 2 small finger magnets also influence this when I hold the phone and have the fingers grip the back of the phone ? The 2 magnets are in the fingertips so end up on the right side of the phone (when held in the left hand). I never thought about this before.

Sounds like something you could easily test

I had a small m31 in my left pinky finger and it would consistently mess up the directional. There are apps that show you the raw data from phone sensors like magnetometers and compass etc. so you can see the actual affect.

2 Likes

And guess what I got in the mail today? :grin:

6 Likes