Titan install sharing thread

I’ve heard that said by installers but honestly if you’re just genuine with some artists they’ll make the exception. Usually they’re so excited and amazed they seem more than willing.

It is technically possible to install a Titan using DT’s needle…

Again, most Flexes can still be installed using a needle. Did mine with it.

How did you approach him, @MTFT ?
If you hinted at a particular procedure, that might be what bounced it off as a no.

Going in-person also helps a lot an artist to agree to something.

I’ve realized I didn’t post a photo of it’s still stable, but really esthetically annoying state…
It stays like that, doesn’t seem to get worse, when I get frustrated I am trying to use pretty strong magnet to move it, I can sorta fix it, but I have no idea how to make it stay there and it just comes back after some time (not really long too).

I approached by email because that is how they instruct to make an appointment on their website and the fact that I can’t really do in person due to being 3 states away (going on a road trip there in July).

I opened by asking if he’d be willing to do a finger magnet in July and if so, how much that might cost.

Maybe you could make an appointment for a consultation. Take your Titan with you, and if they’re willing to in a person to person encounter, SCORE!

Kinda sounds like you might’ve gotten rejected because of the context / e-mail.

1 Like

Regarding a fingertip install, I can definitely recommend the method my installer used. My finger is large but thin and I haven’t had any issues with rejection. Basically he cut an incision with a scalpel and then used 2 progressively larger tapers, followed by the smallest dermal elevator available from Haworth to create a channel about 1cm deep. Then he just slid it right into the pocket and prodded it deeper with the taper.

You can check out pictures after recovery in this post (you can’t even tell it’s in there), as well as measurements on my finger size.

I’m going to have to measure my fingers later. That looks ideally done, the lack of a bump is what I’d want.

Is you installer a public thing, or does he/she prefer to fly under the radar.
How far is Philly even from here.
Hmmm, Google says, 18hrs 54mins.

My installer is on the partner map

:flight_departure: Arkansas - :flight_arrival: Phillidelphia

~4.5hrs by :airplane: plus travel to and from the airport to the studio, with a quick stop off for a Philly Cheesesteak :cheese: :cut_of_meat:

:syringe:

1 Like

So, I have a fear of heights and intensely dislike crowds. Gonna hafta pass.

Side note.
I used to work for a place that rebuilt various components for aircraft. Southwest is incredibly anal about preventative maintenance and I can highly recommend them. I’ve seen things that came off of planes operated by Indian Air that look like someone pitched a grenade into the works. As far as I could see the only time they fixed anything was when it completely seized up.

Hi Everyone! Super excited to be a part of batch #2!

The day for deliveries feels close now, and i have been thinking a lot about location and was hoping for some input.

I am specifically worried from the amount of people that say the fingertip is a bad spot for active people. I lift weights, shoot guns, sometimes rock climb, generally just fall on concrete, and other things that have my fingers compressed and impacted often.

Does this mean my risk of shattering in the fingertip is large? Or is the worry more about loss of magnetization?

Has anyone tried implanting magnets in zones 2 or 3 from my picture?

Zone 4 seems like a safe spot, but it does not seem like a too sensitive area.

I was considering zone 5 for a while… until i saw @Eyeux update :skull:

First of all, Welcome!

I think the Titan is so strong that it’s easier to shatter your finger and still have it intact there! :sweat_smile:

Jokes aside…
The issue I see with placing it in the fingertips, considering that I’m avidly into bouldering, airsoft, martial arts, treetopping and parkour, is that I might hurt my fingers by forcing the titan to displace itselt, or by squashing my tender bits between the titan and the bone, in case I crunch it.

Immagine doing a lunge in the bouldering walll just to land with all your weight being held on top of the titan:confounded:

Location 5 was a good experiment, but the loss of sensitivity happens way too fast. It’s the second bodymod I apply to that region (one on each side), and second time I learn why that was such a terrible (albeit fun) Idea… XD

I’m currently considering rather seriously about my lips (as an experiment. doubt would keep there permanently), or the outside of the middle phallanx on the thumb, sideways.

Apart from that, your option 2 seems nice as well. Not sure if I would have the same concerns as of pos 4:
I fear the Titan could migrate too easily if placed there.

1 Like

Maybe one day DT will offer bone coatings :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The bone-to-metal pinching does sounds brutal, but i feel like that may be mitigated with going off to the side with my chunky fingers.

Option 2 is one of my favorites, I am just worried if there is enough meat there to hold the Titan in. I am a bit worried about it popping out during some stretching.

Migration is what is scaring me a bit about Zone 3 (that and the fact that it might pinch hard if I chop at something or pound my fist). Does migration change sensitivity? As long as the magnet is in contact with nerves it should be fine right?

That’s awesome! Haha. I have actually been thinking about trying my earlobes if there is a batch #3.

That’s why ypu put magnets on the side and not really on the part that’s down, if you know what I mean, or not?

In that position, I bet it will.
Aesthetically, might just look like a mole.

I get what you mean. And that helps with everyday gripping.
But here I’m talking about gripping while doing sports such as Bouldering.

Since I was actually at the climbing gym when I saw your message, I snapped a few pics to illustrate why I don’t see a single safe spot in my fingertips if I want to keep on with climbing:

IMG_20210610_162246 IMG_20210610_162019 IMG_20210610_162056

And bear in mind those are not even close to the worst holds you have.
And there’s also some smearing of your fingertips against the walls, and slapping your fingers against stone when you jump from one hold to another…

It’s pretty hard to only grip it from the part that’s down. You use all of your fingertips.

A good test, @baan , is to tape some small seeds onto the placement you are thinking, and then going to climb. I managed to burst some mustard seeds right out of the streristrip, and others got carved into my flesh. not pretty… XD

3 Likes

If you had told me that 2 weeks ago I may wouldn’t have it in my ringfinger now.

1 Like

I think I mentioned it a couple times already… :sweat_smile:
Still, that is my opinion, to my fingers, based on my experience with climbing.

I think we had someone else here who mentioned he used to climb with an Xg3 in his finger.

So… you can give it a go and share your experience. ^^

This actually made me laugh

Here is what I pictured

tenor

But im sure it is much more like this

tumblr_32f973679c41c30a2f9471c76db84f49_33b67c78_400

1 Like

Will be trying this. Thank you!

@Pilgrimsmaster Sadly i cant skateboard, so it is a combination of the first gif and:
“Hey look at that weird leaf”
Pothole Materializes

3 Likes

Is it just me, or does that second gif need a grand theft auto style, Wasted.

3 Likes