Titan install sharing thread

I didn’t think so, they look like @donfire 's nails to me

They’re actually not mine, mine are much longer, they’re actually a mutual friend of Satur9 and I :rofl:

I was however the one who got them into the nail polish / bought them their first 12? bottles :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Mere mortals, FEAR MY MAGNET POWERS!!!

Or else, I will stick all your paperclips to the back of my hand, one at a time!

O.K. So I had a very productive visit with Pineapple today.

First, cost to install was 250 each, with a 100 dollar deposit (that you get back).

I got there about 2 hours early, and slathered the numbing gel on the back of both hands and covered in the provided bandaids.

Install is between the metacarpals in the backs of both hands.

The pain was about 1/10th of what the NeXT was like. Much more manageable. This is probably because I was marinated in numbing gel. Still.

The Austin location is kinda weird, it’s a neighborhood with nice stuff in it, and a HUGE homeless population. I needed to eat before hand, and I really needed to take a leak. The only food I could find was a nearby Wendy’s (which was gross, but did the job) and no bathrooms, as all the businesses kept their public areas inaccessable, presumably to avoid being overwhelmed.

The work itself was really cleanly done. I don’t have, or need stitches. Just a couple of small cuts that could pass for paper cuts. Pineapple instructed me not to get it too wet, and maybe put a little superglue on it if I wanted to. After pain was very very minor, and pretty much gone in less than an hour. The worst after pain I experienced was when I accidentaly ripped up a corner of the tape and yanked some hair off the back of my hand.

Covered what I could think of to say, but I left at 2 am and got back at 10 pm with only a couple hours break in there. I’m pretty tired. Ask anything you want, especially if I missed something.

5 Likes

So you give them $100 first, then they do the install, then you give them another $150? What are they afraid of, that you’d run away in the middle of proceedings?

The idea is to ensure the people making the appointments are serious. My roommate has a “bench and diag” fee for any piece of equipment that gets handed over to be worked on. Its a simple gatekeeping measure to ensure the customer is sincere.

Yeah I get it. Makes sense. It’s just that I’ve never been asked that - including the first time I met my installer and he didn’t know me.

In ODaily’s case, driving all the way there, arriving 2 hours early and slathering himself generously with numbing ointment should be proof enough that he’s serious though.

I imagine odaily had to pay over the phone when booking. Pretty standard for tattoos and piercings.

Exactly. I cold called and set up an appointment that he had to be present for on a Sunday. The 100 was to make sure I was serious about showing up. He’s probably been burned a few times before, and like most true professionals, takes a poor view of people wasting his time without reason.

2 Likes

Lidocaine and minimal pain, had the magnet for nearly a year and finally had time to put it in. Will have to switch to a gpd pocket for work for the next 2months no more 140wpm. highly recommend switching to such devices as last time I had a magnet in my finger one handed typing was quite unreliable.

5 Likes

I got my titan installed nearly two months ago and I think it went perfectly. I had it installed by Enso Piercings and adornment in Salt Lake City which was a recommended installer and I would highly recommend Dustin who did my install. The price is normally $200 but it went very quickly and we’ll and he only charges me half in the end. I used the included numbing gel and then Dustin used additional agents after the incision was made. While the initial cut didn’t hurt very badly because of the local anesthetic, the deeper cut was honestly hell for about 10 seconds before the additional pain killer was applied. The bandage I used after was the kind used to cover tattoos and I actually recommend using something like that for a few hours to a day and for the bleeding to stop and the wound to start to close. I kept it wrapped tightly for three days and it was discolored and a swollen until I took the confining bandage off for half a day; I guess the wound just needed some air to properly heal. I kept a band aid on it for about another week and it was completely closed. I did have pain when something hit the magnet dead on for about a month because the inside of my finger was still healing while the outside was finished but it only happened occasionally. The implant is in pad of my left pointer finger which I defiantly recommend as it is the least used finger for picking things up; especially heavy objects. Photo 1 is my finger about 3 hours after the install while I was changing my bandage. Photo 2 is 3 days after the install a few hours after I finally took off the bandage that was suffocating my finger and it’s ability to heal itself. The strange skin went away after a day or two and I think was caused because sweat couldn’t evaporate with the plastic wrap-like bandage on. The other two photos are my finger today. There is a small scar where the X is and the way Dustin installed my implant was making an incision at the X, cutting through my finger to the desired place of the magnet (the circle) then pushing the magnet through to that point. This made it so my fingerprint is not at all messed up and the tiny scar is right next to the natural joint in my finger. In the end, the only decision I regret was keeping that tight, plastic bandage on for more than a day before changing to a normal bandaid. I looked at my finger during the instal but it was quite bloody so if you are at all squeamish I advise against that. For the included numbing gel, I put my finger in the pouch for probably 15 minutes while I was on the table and Dustin was getting everything set up. I hope this answers any questions y’all have and I hope it goes as well for you as it did for me!

11 Likes

So here’s another one :wink:
After a long time of waiting, I finally got my Titan in yesterday.
As usual, done by the wonderful Arnulf in Cologne :wink:
Wasn’t trouble-free to be honest - he checked my fingers and said that it could be hard to fit that guy in, mostly because of the Titan’s thickness… So he asked me if I wanted to try it anyways, risking that, in worst case, it might grow out. Since there are few possible alternative locations for me (-p0 is impossible because of xSeries in p0, thumb is stupid, and for good sensing I need lots of nerves), I decided to risk it.
The procedure itself was pretty easy (at least for me :wink: ), and Arnulf was optimistic that he was able to put it in a place where it might want to stay. Let’s see how it develops…

Currently, I feel a bit of pressure inside my finger, and it feels sore, but it’s already getting better compared to yesterday. And I already know that my body is gonna hate the stitch :smile:

8 Likes

call-me-crazy-youve-got-a-thing-for-this-guy (1)

Congrats, hope it heals well :blush:

As always, it looks like Arnulf did great work, especially if things were a bit tight with your finger size. With it being pretty tight, I’m curious if it’ll have the same flipping quirk that some of the other Titans have had, and if it does, how visible it is.

Out of curiosity (this goes for anyone with a finger install), how do you stop yourself from using that finger during healing? I feel like I would almost need a splint or something to fix it in place, otherwise I’d probably get the stitch tangled in my hair at night.

:relaxed:
Yeah, I’m happy I found a great artist who’s also a really cool person :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m curious about the flipping as well, and to be honest, I’m happy if mine doesn’t do it^^ Guess I can tell in a few weeks or months, I’ll definitely let it heal completely before trying it out.

I need some good tips for that as well! :smile:
Currently, I try to do everything very consciously, and stretch away my finger when typing, but I just accidentally hit the a-button on my keyboard with it, and that was not a good thing to do :grimacing:
At night, I’m gonna put a plaster over it for the first few nights at least, maybe even until the stitch is out. Catching on it is a pretty unpleasant feeling…

1 Like

I kept a bandage on mine until the stitch came out. After about 3 weeks I found it was extremely sensitive near pulsing/alternating magnetic fields with very week feeling from static ones. It has been a little over 6 months since my install and now I can not only feel static fields pretty well but I can almost reliably determine if an object is magnetic or not from touching it. Having the magnet flip is very uncomfortable. Thankfully it only flips or partially flips when it gets close to another magnet.

Side note: I did have some numbness at the skin around and above my Titan. It felt like I had a piece of scotch tape stuck to my finger. The numbness went away after 2 months or so.

2 Likes

Congrats! I’m still looking forward to mine, it’s the first implant I purchased from DT and the one instill don’t have installed haha. Just kept having things come up where I would need good use of my hand too often.

Looks great and well placed, best of luck as it heals!

2 Likes

Same here - I got a Titan from the first batch, but spent a year getting our home renovated… I didn’t do the renovation work myself, but I had to carry furniture and boxes frequently, so I knew I couldn’t give it the healing time it deserved :wink:
Now I have two weeks off from work, our home is pretty much done, and I guess I’m gonna play some good old point-and-click adventures in the meantime :smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m a huge fan of this install, it’s a method I don’t think I’ve seen and I am in Utah quite often, seriously considering giving this installer a call. My initial plan was to DIY as I do have a decent level of experience and lido isn’t an issue, but after seeing this I don’t think I could replicate such a clean install. Keep us updated!

I believe I remember somebody 3d printing Titan models. I’ve tried searching, but not having luck in finding the post if the file was posted.
I too have had one on the shelf for a while and would like to figure out where it will fit.
Thanks

It was @mrln, I don’t remember if they posted the STL or not. Hopefully they’ll pop in here :smile:

They printed theirs with an SLA printer I believe, probably necessary if you want good detail at that size (showed off in this video Titan biosensing magnet implant BATCH #3 is LIVE - YouTube).

If they’re okay sharing the model, and you don’t have access to an SLA printer, I could always print one for you for free if you live in the US. It’d basically be a rounding error in the amount of resin used, and maybe a dollar or something to mail depending on final weight.

Making a model wouldn’t be hard either, since Amal has shown drawings of the titan with dimensions (just a cylinder with two chamfers I believe).

2 Likes

The STL file came from @DonFire
I just “borrowed” it

If I’m at home at my computer I can search for it or @DonFire is faster sharing it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes