Titan install sharing thread

Too early for him to reply yet. Looking forward to it though.

Basically, I’m willing to lose some sensitivity if it makes life with them easier.

Have you considered getting it in -P0? Its as sensitive as a fingertip but rarely gets in the way or is uncomfortable. I have both in the fingertip and -P0.

2 Likes

I have a NeXT there in my right hand.
I have two Titans to install, one in each hand.

So,
P0 is unavailble due to prior install.
I have eliminated the fingertips due to my work and / or metal shavings.
I have also eliminated the knife edge of my hand, mostly just for the shavings.

That doesn’t leave a whole lot of real estate. Back side of the palm seems like the most likely area for keeping it clean from shavings, with having it in the valley between the metacarpals seems to be the most protected location. The middle position seems to have the most space available, assuming there’s not something important running through there like a major nerve or tendons, or something else.

The P0 position I was talking about is the palm side of the hand and actually in the webbing between the thumb and forefinger. Pineapple did my installs by the way. Really great work.

Reference Images

2 Likes

Ah, I see.

That said it has the same, if not worse issues. If a chip (think metal splinter) were to stick lightly there, and I reached out and grabbed a hammer or some kind of handle, the force of it could drive the chip in, and it’s already pointed right at the magnet. Assume it’s long enough to go to the magnet’s depth, and I have an instant infection hole, right to my magnet.

2 Likes

A very reasonable concern. I don’t do that kind of work very often so I figured on the rare occasions I do then gloves will be worn. I’m curious how good the back of the hand will be.

Did you get it installed in your fingertip? I was thinking of doing the same but it seems that there could be complications with that.

Yes, it’s in my ringfinger. It’s to the side of the pinky at like 45° and around 1cm from the tip. Fairly typical location for magnets.

Installation seemed easy for my installer at nakedsteel.
It sits pretty well, I don’t really pinch it like some others do.

1 Like

That’s cool, I’m sure it depends on the individuals finger though.

I got my Titan installed about 6 weeks ago in my ring fingertip. Everything seems to be healing up perfectly. My only question is, does anyone else notice the magnet wanting to occasionally rotate on its axis? Once in awhile I have to push it back down flat. Just curious if this is common and if it will settle in and stop eventually.

I work with metal daily, lots of welding and grinding. Wearing gloves keeps metal shavings from sticking. But welding scared the hell out of me for the first few weeks. Any time my finger got within a foot of the welding process, I thought I was getting shocked. It feels like feedback from a video game controller in my finger.

I love being able to feel the difference between steel and aluminum or stainless.

3 Likes

Better get used to it haha. It’s very weird.

Been talking to Pineapple in Austin, looks like I’m going for a double hand install on Sunday the 19th.

9 Likes

Curious about the cost to have Pineapple do a Titan. Specifically outer edge of ring finger pad.

Having trouble finding someone local, so I may need to make the trip to see him.

He’s charging me 250 each. I think someone else reported the same cost. There’s also a 100 deposit, but it gets deducted off of the cost.

That’s what he told me as well when I asked about flex install costs last time I was there. $250 normally, $350 if there’s complications or something iirc.

My appointment is tommorrow. What’s the best practice for using the pain gel that came with the Titans?

Area is back of the hand near the knuckles.

I’m thinking of putting it on 1-2 hours beforehand, and covering it with plastic or nitrile gloves. Should I use gauze over it? @amal ?

I used it for a flex install but I put it on then a glove and tapped the glove on to get nice and warm.

1 Like

2 hours is a good timing.

I would add a little bit and rub it well against the skin, and then put on a lot, like a full on 3-5mm thick layer all over and around the placement, from the incision up to the end of the placement.

I would not suggest gauze because it can absorb it away from the skin.

Nitrillo gloves do work, but they also do tend to spread the whole gel into a much wider area than what you want. So I would reccomend using an extra large pad/bandaid, just like the bandage that you can see on DT’s pictures (which they ship with the gel)

Just dont forget to properly clean and dry the skin first.

@Satur9 is this yours?

Nah, it’s a friend. My nails will never be that fabulous

2 Likes