Titan install sharing thread

I can’t really move it now, the pocket seems very well formed. I can flip it with magnet in the pocket, but that’s about it. I don’t really know how to approach this anymore.

It really doesn’t seem to get worse or anything, but the fact that I can see this edge is driving me crazy to be honest

I get you… =/

Sort of a free space, yes.

That’s one of the reasons I am currently considering where to reposition the Titan.

On the initial weeks, the feeling from the Titan was really crisp and nitid. Yet as time passed I begun very quickly to lose feeling.

By 2 months in I had to pay a lot of attention to feel a tiny tingle in front of the microwave, where I could feel it clearly before.

On top of that, I had an accident where a much larger magnet broke free from it’s hold and flew straight into my wrist. broke skin… messy…

I attempted to fix it… but the scar tissue that would form would make it even less sensitive.
So I decided to play a bit with it, experiment somehow… So I got it into a “ramp” position:

…and messed a bit with the broken skin:
Warning: graphic image!

Yep. you can see the magnet there.

For quite obvious reasons I decided to pull it out for now, and am thinking of where to place it next.

I always knew that a wrist was an experimental placement.
Got positively surprised with how much more feeling I had than anticipated at the early weeks.
Then negatively surprised with how fast it degraded.

Now it’s back to the drawing board for me.

5 Likes

That’s pretty interesting…
And it doesn’t really help with my decision on where to implant that little monster :wink:
How about others who have a Titan inside yet? I know that the one from @Mariarangok can spin as well (though I thought it was because of the collagen issue), but if I remember it correctly, she had no problems with sensing - any news about that or is the feeling still strong and nice?

I’m a bit nervous that very few people actually contributed here - were so few Titans installed yet? So many of the first backers hesitant like me? I think we had 80+ sales on the first batch, so I’m really curious to see what happened to all those :wink:

Remember there were people that got more than 1… some significantly more than 1. Hopefully I’ll be getting my Titan installed in -R0 June or July, so eventually there will be another data point from me. Basically, if I don’t do it then, then I only have 1 one week holiday until the end of year six week holidays.

Just to make things clear…
My sensing issues have nothing to do with the Titan in itself.

I had mentioned in a post somewhere, before implanting, that one of my main concerns with implanting on the Wrist was that I expected any sensing gained to be wiped out by our brains after an adjustment period.

That’s because our brains do that already. You have no Idea how many times you bump the back of your wrists on things and don’t realise…
Because our brains have a natural tendency to filter that area as sensorial polution.

There’s also Lockdown to account for, preventing most from installing it.
For all the folks in UK for instance… there is no place willing to install it. And travel isn’t quite an option yet… :woman_shrugging:

I think we did had a hesitant reaction to the sheer size of that beast! :sweat_smile:
It’s actually tiny in comparison with a glassy magnet if you compare lengths… but the height is a monster!
So wouldn’t surprise me folks are even more hesitant than normal do DIY it.

I’ll share where I’m putting it, if I can find a decent spot.

Looking forward! ^^

1 Like

All that said…

Please… can someone talk me out of my most recent stupid Idea of getting it under my lips? :sweat_smile:

A magnetic lip plug?

1 Like

Exactly this, I was just telling Samuel the other day, I thought I had lost it but if I pay attention the feeling is there. Just like the hum of the heating in my office if I’m not looking out for it my brain just tunes it out.

4 Likes

I got mine in the first batch and the only reason it’s not in me yet is my struggle for an installer.
I still live with my parents at 18 and ‘my’ car isn’t technically mine so traveling myself is rather limited and there are no installers near me.

On the bright side I do have plans for early July from either pirate from revolutiontattoos on the partner map in Indiana, or if they aren’t willing I have a friend on my dorm floor who did his own haworth magnet years ago that said they would do it in a similar time frame.

So one way or the other, expect install posts from me in July.

5 Likes

Paging @init6 :blush:

Pirate installed a different magnet (similar form factor but smaller) for him a few months back, and it sounded like Pirate was just fine with trying a Titan.

1 Like

almost. XD

More about… it is a high sensitivity region, which does not usually touches metal (I mostly eat using chopsticks), and a bump could still look aesthetic.

Yes! Exactly that. ^^

Looking forward!! ^^

2 Likes

I’m still trying to find an installer and can’t decide on positioning.

My problem in a nutshell there. I just think it’s a little big for a finger, but can’t settle on an alterate location. I only wanna do this once.

1 Like

Exactly. I keep looking at it and looking at my fingers and I just don’t have the room. Thinking about right knife edge cause I’m saving the left for the apex. I just can’t think of anywhere else it would be comfortable.

Thought that for a while, now I’m just gonna try, made an appointment next month.
Idk if they are comfortable with removing tissue from my finger, even if not, they’ll somehow get it in there :slight_smile: I hope…

Welp that looks like an unfortunate no. Just got an email back from pirate saying that such a procedure is illegal in his area.

Use of a scalpel turns it into a surgical procedure and would count as practicing medicine without a license and could get him in alot of trouble…

Guess I’m going with plan b.

That’s odd, wonder if something happened legally in the last few weeks…

That’s sucks, limits my flex options a bit.

I’ve heard that said by installers but honestly if you’re just genuine with some artists they’ll make the exception. Usually they’re so excited and amazed they seem more than willing.

It is technically possible to install a Titan using DT’s needle…

Again, most Flexes can still be installed using a needle. Did mine with it.

How did you approach him, @MTFT ?
If you hinted at a particular procedure, that might be what bounced it off as a no.

Going in-person also helps a lot an artist to agree to something.