Trouble with first implant

So I ordered both the reader from dangerous things and a proxmark. When I tap my hand on the reader from dangerous things it spits out a 9 numbers a letter then 4 numbers. However when trying to read it on the proxmark I can’t.

1 Like

We can definitely help out :smiley: just need a bit more info…

What are you doing on the PM to read it? Have you got the PM working at all?

When you say you can’t read it what do you mean? What is it doing? Are you getting an error like no known/supported 13.56 MHz tags found?

Is it an Easy or an RDV4?

2 Likes

It is an PM Easy.

Once in I ran the command,
lf search
I got the identifier
Then I ran command
lf hid clone [id]

It says complete, but doesn’t work. So I try lf search to see what it reads as on the new one and it says what the screenshot shows.

1 Like

So first things first I recommend running
hw tune
This should be run every time you power the pm3 on with no tags near it.

That command is timing out which is strange. @kayTH might have had a similar issue if I recall.

It is likely a coupling issue with the easy. Use the little glass LF X field detector to find the best location for the implant or look around the forum for positioning advice, I do not have an easy so cant help much with positioning.

What firmware are you running,Iceman or stock? (It effects the available commands)

lf t55xx detect should pick up the chip (if you get the positioning correct) regardless of the config.

Have you had any luck with HF search? The DT reader you mentions know as the KBR1 is reading the HF side of your implant.

2 Likes

The field detector does not detect anything with the 125 one

1 Like

Okay so you have tuned the PM3 and then moved the LF xFD all around the proxmark LF antenna while running a command like lf search or lf hid watch to power the coil? If so, I would usually say the LF antenna is having issues (a possibility with anything but especially knockoffs like the currently available easy) but you got a read out of a separate card right? Given you can read a normal tag and but you can’t light the xLED I do not know what to think, it could be a bad coil that just happens to work enough to pick up the larger tag but not having an easy I may leave this to other forum members who have more hands on experience with your hardware.

Regardless have a look at this post for more info on positioning it may be helpful if you have not already seen it:

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Ok so I would personally update the PM3 firmware to the iceman repo:

It has quite a few advantages over the base version, it may also fix the timeout issue you have.

2 Likes

I just skimmed but my hunch is antenna coupling. Are you placing the x field detector and chip across the LF loop coil antenna so it’s perpendicular to the wire loop?

1 Like

With ‘hw ver’ giving ‘Cached information’, my hunch is that your software is losing connection with your proxmark.

I’d try flashing Iceman fork to it and double check your USB cable is good.

EDIT: just saw the ‘unknown function’ message in one of your earlier outputs. Good chance this is a firmware/software mismatch problem. Definitely install the latest Iceman version and flash the firmware

1 Like

Sorry, I am being a pain, but I do not see the instructions for flashing the firmware.

1 Like

No problemo. Here it is. I don’t use windows or the base firmware so I am not sure how different the steps are. I assume similar.

2 Likes

I found them, but I think I just made it worse. I flashed all and now it doesnt show up in device manager and the A and C lights are lit up.

1 Like

Pretty sure I just flashed the wrong firmware.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B03wIb-JZ6VQODBpSUhYMFI4X00

Iceman-32

Have a feeling I will be buying a new one.

1 Like

Those aren’t the right ones, follow the instructions HERE

All is not lost yet, you may need to follow the flashing directions twice depending on what you’ve done to it, but after that it should show up again.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Not sure what that Google drive is sorry. Try the link @Compgeek and I provided :slightly_smiling_face: if you get stuck with any of it we can try to help :slight_smile:

I doubt you have bricked it.

3 Likes

Similar thing happened to me while flashing Iceman on my PM3 Easy. For some reason, I forgot (but it also was not included in the flashing instructions) to hold down the button while flashing. This helped me get a few steps further - device manager recognized it but it wouldn’t talk to the software.

I was, however, able to access the bootloader with the button pushed, so I flashed it with the latest official firmware and it solved my issue. I just haven’t got around to trying to reflash it with Iceman again (my original attempt was with the weird firmware it came with).

Persevere! Keep searching the proxmark forums. It took me ages but I finally found some solutions to help me through. It definitely isn’t too n00b friendly :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

… Yet.

Shameless plug: Simple Proxmark GUI concept throw in your input if you have any :slight_smile: I will eventually get to that project if someone doesn’t beat me to it.

4 Likes