Trouble with first implant

I just skimmed but my hunch is antenna coupling. Are you placing the x field detector and chip across the LF loop coil antenna so it’s perpendicular to the wire loop?

1 Like

With ‘hw ver’ giving ‘Cached information’, my hunch is that your software is losing connection with your proxmark.

I’d try flashing Iceman fork to it and double check your USB cable is good.

EDIT: just saw the ‘unknown function’ message in one of your earlier outputs. Good chance this is a firmware/software mismatch problem. Definitely install the latest Iceman version and flash the firmware

1 Like

Sorry, I am being a pain, but I do not see the instructions for flashing the firmware.

1 Like

No problemo. Here it is. I don’t use windows or the base firmware so I am not sure how different the steps are. I assume similar.

2 Likes

I found them, but I think I just made it worse. I flashed all and now it doesnt show up in device manager and the A and C lights are lit up.

1 Like

Pretty sure I just flashed the wrong firmware.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B03wIb-JZ6VQODBpSUhYMFI4X00

Iceman-32

Have a feeling I will be buying a new one.

1 Like

Those aren’t the right ones, follow the instructions HERE

All is not lost yet, you may need to follow the flashing directions twice depending on what you’ve done to it, but after that it should show up again.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Not sure what that Google drive is sorry. Try the link @Compgeek and I provided :slightly_smiling_face: if you get stuck with any of it we can try to help :slight_smile:

I doubt you have bricked it.

3 Likes

Similar thing happened to me while flashing Iceman on my PM3 Easy. For some reason, I forgot (but it also was not included in the flashing instructions) to hold down the button while flashing. This helped me get a few steps further - device manager recognized it but it wouldn’t talk to the software.

I was, however, able to access the bootloader with the button pushed, so I flashed it with the latest official firmware and it solved my issue. I just haven’t got around to trying to reflash it with Iceman again (my original attempt was with the weird firmware it came with).

Persevere! Keep searching the proxmark forums. It took me ages but I finally found some solutions to help me through. It definitely isn’t too n00b friendly :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

… Yet.

Shameless plug: Simple Proxmark GUI concept throw in your input if you have any :slight_smile: I will eventually get to that project if someone doesn’t beat me to it.

4 Likes

Well I am getting somewhere.

I did lf search and it came back and said.

pm3 --> lf search
NOTE: some demods output possible binary
if it finds something that looks like a tag
False Positives ARE possible

Checking for known tags:

No known 125/134 KHz tags Found!

Valid T55xx Chip Found
Try lf t55xx commands

2 Likes

That’s a bingo! What sort of tag are you trying to copy?

Try running lf t55xx detect And post the output

1 Like

This is what it said when I searched for the one in my hand.
but running that gave me this.

pm3 --> lf t55xx detect
[!] Could not detect modulation automatically. Try setting it manually with ‘lf t55xx config’
pm3 -->

I am trying to copy an HID Prox II card

I am marking where it is on my hand, and I swear I am certain it is shifting in my hand.

1 Like

Not shameful any what THIS is EXACTLY why your idea is a great one

3 Likes

Agreed, Now it just Sounds to me like coupling issue

Practice your reads and writes if you have the cards/ fobs to do so, then try your Implant.
You sound like the PM3 was close to finding it, just keep repositioning
Remember to place the antenna coil perpendicular to the implant ( kind of making a t or x with them )
example picture from a reader one Amal did the other day, but you get the idea
orientation
lf search
until it responds with a read,
Replicate a couple of times
then mark the antenna position on your hand and write.

1 Like

Perfect! That means you were close (it could see it was a t55xx in the last step) but not perfect (couldn’t detect modulation).

That’s expected, we’re now talking about you being close but not exact. Millimetres from success literally! Try moving it around slightly as @Pilgrimsmaster suggested and you’ll find the spot.

It probably is, new implants have a tendency to migrate for the first bit. Cat and mouse I’m afraid but you’ll find it!

Once you get a detect you should be able to write - the lf search that returned no results indicates that something did get written to it, but it’s not valid data (thanks blue cloner!) but it can detect chipset so you probably aren’t bricked, one good write and it’ll spring to life.

Let’s work on your HID Prox and get a read first - lf search For us if you’d be so kind!

2 Likes

pm3 --> lf search

Checking for known tags:

HID Prox TAG ID: 23e0563aa5 (0) - Format Len: 33bit - OEM: 000 - FC: 0 - Card: 0

[+] Valid HID Prox ID Found!

2 Likes

Also get this a lot from the one in my hand.
pm3 --> lf search

Checking for known tags:

[=] Signal looks just like noise. Looking for Hitag signal now.
Waiting for a response from the proxmark…
You can cancel this operation by pressing the pm3 button
[!] command execution time out

No Data Found! - maybe not an LF tag?

pm3 -->

1 Like

Boom, Proxmark working, and you now know your HID code! Step one complete, put your work tag away, it’s implant time.

lf search

on your implant until you see the message at the bottom to try t55xx commands like you got earlier (it’ll probably say no known tags found, that’s fine)

lf t55xx detect

until it works, moving a couple of millimetres at a time, this takes a while but you’ll know when it works - once you find this spot, don’t move at all!

lf hid clone 23e0563aa5

will do the heavy lifting for us

lf search

Should look like your badge did now

2 Likes

SOOOOOOO CLOSE

excited

3 Likes