Ubiquiti Access control

Hey, I also tested it with the FlexM1 and both readers work with that.

2 Likes

UI store is super slow at shipping even not during the holidays so it might be a week or two before I can report back on the NEXT. My next is super selective over readers. I have two of the same model of HID prox readers one works and the other only works without the cover on.

1 Like

Next can be added as compatible yay!

5 Likes

Awesome indeed @Jimbo :+1:

Neat!

Any chance you could sniff the traffic between the UA-Pro and the UA-Hub? I’m interested by that little reader, but not by all the cruft they try to sell with it. If the traffic is in clear, maybe there’s a chance to reverse engineer it.

Hey @JIMBO
I have added Ubiquiti Access control to the Matrix, and added just the NExT for the time being.

1 Like

I will be sure to create a tap and see if there is anything in the clear… assuming there is then I am happy to provide a pcap for you to take a look at.

Awesome thanks Pilgrimsmaster. I have been playing with this over the past couple of days and the reader is very strong!

I might not get to actually install the equipment until later in the month but will share the moment I have things all setup.

1 Like

Thanks! But by all means don’t sweat it if you don’t feel like going out of your way to do that. I’m just midly curious, because I’m fairly sure it won’t be that simple.

I can confirm that the xm1, the spark2 and the flexdf2 all work great with ui access in simple mode. Still no luck on convincing ui to add the ability to enroll flexdf2 properly with authentication (their “ua cards” use DF2’s).

3 Likes

Awesome, Thanks for the update, I will add them to the Matrix YES

I look forward to seeing your update. It seems to read fast. I’ll be looking more into this myself. However, I have a lot to learn. =/

1 Like

Looks great. Can you tell more around the installation for a door.

I can :slightly_smiling_face:

The access hub requires PoE (power over ethernet), a minimum of 48volts. Also, you need a cloud key gen2+ or a dream machine pro (includes PoE switch) that the hub connects to.

Wiring: one PoE powered cable from the Udm-Pro/CKey to the hub. From there, one ethernet cable to each reader that connects to the hub.

For the pro reader, you need to drill a circular hole. For the lite reader you need to cut a square.
Note that if you buy the starter kit, you get cover plates, but buying single readers, then the reader is all you get.

(Also, you can use the hub with two lite readers if preferred.)

The system is on the expensive side, as one hub only works on one door :roll_eyes:

But it reads fast, and looks good :grin:

Video showing read speed vs Yale reader

1 Like

Great thanks for the explanation and pics. The issue would be if you don‘t have cat cable in the wall you have to put them all over the place.

Oh you wanted pictures without makeup… :rofl:

Inside the front door, I simply ran the cable along the door frame (I have camera installations as well, so a few cables)

The hub is inside the fuse box, so the cables enter there.
Not the prettiest, but wife-approved :sweat_smile:

Porch door:

Drilled a hole at the top and managed to jig the cable down between the wood and plaster (lots of swearing, but happy with the result)
no magnet lock here yet, so the cabling is still open.

… Then I ran the cables behind the molding, and out in a different room with a PoE switch :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing that. That would be ok for me as well. But my problem is that I have to isolate the hole outside against water and stuff. You know what I mean?

The wall plate that the reader attaches to has a rubber seal, so when it’s screwed on to the wall it should be watertight. If that isn’t enough, I’d simply add some silicone around the hole before adding the plate :slightly_smiling_face:

My only main concern is temperature. The lite reader is stated to work down to - 40C, whilst the pro reader is only down to -10C

…since it is classified as an outdoor reader, my hope is that it is rated like that because of the screen, and that it’ll still read fine when its sub 20 in winter

Ah ok, -10 is not really much

Stick it in a freezer to find out :wink: that probably wouldnt be ideal due to the moisture though