Unable to scan VivoKey Spark2 with iPhone 11

I just got a VivoKey Spark 2 installed last night and the only messages the iOS app shows when scanning is “Challenge Expired” or “OAuth Expired.” I’ve tried restarting my phone as well as disabling wifi (in case adblocking was interfering somehow). I’m not sure what to try next. Any tips?

@mcaudill there’s two things you should keep in mind

1. It’s going to take a few days for the swelling to subside enough for you to get a reliable read. Even if it doesn’t feel swollen it most definitely is inside. Just be patient, it happens to literally everybody.

2. If my information is still accurate, the NFC reader on the iPhone is at the very top of the phone. Positioning is really critical for the x-series glass implants, but once you find the sweet spot it’s easy to reproduce. In a few days take the top of your phone and position it like you’re trying to chop the implant in half. I know it sounds weird but the antenna in the phone is shaped to couple with cards, not little glass cylinders. You’ll get it.

Also, congrats and welcome!

3 Likes

Perfect thanks! I was kinda wondering if swelling would interfere.

I put a NExT in my other hand and with a little trial-and-error I can reliably scan it with my phone now. Additionally, the KBR1 is able to easily read the MACs(?) from both the VivoKey and the NExT. Seems like maybe the iPhone 11 NFC system is a bit under-powered.

UIDs

1 Like
2 Likes