Various questions about the flex implants and Vivokey

This really depends on tissue structure at the implant site. I have my VivoKey prototype resting under a vein due ot the way the vein crossed the target area.

I believe so. I can’t confirm it, but I can’t see why they wouldn’t.

2 Likes

Sorry for all the questions :slight_smile:

Can you expand on that? I was envisioning placing an implant on the back of my left hand to the very left between my little finger and the wrist. There’s a vein running down the hand where I imagine the implant, running parrallel to the implant. The vein is close enough to the skin that I can see it and for it to bulge out a tiny bit. Does that sound like a suitable location or would the vein get in the way?

No worries… questions are good!

In this scenario it sounds like the implant should go under the vein… but nobody can really make that call until your skin is literally being held up with an elevator so a professional can take a look in there and make that call. It’s best to avoid veins all together but sometimes it can’t be helped. One of the more important things is to understand if the implant would ever be moved in such a way that would cause the edge of it to apply pressure to the vein. The edge of flex implants isn’t “sharp”, but it is thin and abrupt… It might cause damage or at least fatigue to the vein… not a good scenario… But the same could easily happen if you place the implant over the vein… It’s just a call the professional needs to make at the time of the install.

2 Likes

I couldn’t find one near me on the map but it wasn’t to hard to find a local tattoo shop that had done them in the past so just ask around

1 Like

This seems the most appropriate thread to ask a flex question, albeit a bit of a necro, it’s literally the title

@amal from other threads I should keep an x series about 3” away from a XG3 implant to keep them from migrating and becoming best buddies

What about a flex? Doesn’t have a ferrite core so does this mean it doesn’t matter?

This is from the thread you were referring to and the specific post with Amal answering that question

1 Like

@Eriequiet when are you finally getting stabbed and jabbed? :syringe:
Appointment made yet?

How many in one sitting?

12/27 or 12/29 depending on when I get the flex back

6 x series
1 flex payment

2 Likes

Nice

Except for your date format, so dumb :wink:

1 Like

Apologies, searched flex and xg3 and didn’t find anything, so I just looked for a flex questions thread

All good :+1:

Knowing thet a flex can be near a magnet means there’s a 3” gap that’s just begging for a flex later,

Sorry I’m asking a million new questions, just as I get a solid grasp of x series, I gotta put them in some weirder spots

And flex’s are a whole different animal

Theo forum is exactly the place to ask questions and get answers and share your experience so others may benefit :wink:

1 Like

I would love to hear from people who have flex’s installed on their knife edge. Do you recommend this location, any issues, concerns of damage or pain?

Should the flex be installed in to the fatty part of the knife edge or should it be more over the metacarpal of the pinky?

1 Like

I have the flexDF (the older one) in the knife edge of my left hand

Thoughts about knife edge install vs hand?

I’m still bit back and forth, knife edge would be more optimal but I worry about sensation and leaning on it , along with there being a lot of movement

1 Like

I don’t have a problem. In ny right hand, i have a xLED in this position.
Nothing moved.

Speaking specifically about your flex in knife edge

Is it on the absolute 90 degree of your hand?

What does it feel like if you lean on your hand

I have the option to do either knife edge or above my pinky-ring finger bone

Top of the hand is more stable, and I worry less about pressing on it weirdly

Knife edge is more isolated from other HF chips and a better presentation location

Yeah these are the same questions I have. I’m just trying to figure optimal placement for a flex in the hand. Is knife edge more over the pinky bone, it is it in the fatty part on the side of your hand. Would either of these locations work? Is one better than the other? I’d love to hear from people’s experience and placement opinions with these locations.

Does anybody other then @amal have a flex implant over any of the first finger bones (proximal phalanx)?
I know it is not a recommended position since there are many important things there (but so are in the fingertip [well, you can lose finger mobility if you nick a tendon]).
But I am still curious, are there any (major) differences in the procedure, healing process and daily life?

Edit: when searching on the forum I came across a post by a guy who had to have it removed when he fractured his finger, but not much else.

2 Likes