Verifone terminal

Way cooler than our (NZ) Windcave

Which marketing idiot came up with that idea?
And which idiot approved it?

shrek-stinky-fart-5890qq1k2nh6zfg3

3 Likes

https://help.touchbistro.com/s/article/setting-up-the-verifone-mx-915-925-genius-device?language=en_US

Interesting button mashing

2 Likes

Ok … you sent me down a rabbit hole :yum:

I didnt imagine there would be so much info publicly available everywhere :exploding_head:

I did manage to find the admin password for the device, and lots of good documentation.
I do have the mini and expanded backs for it so ill have to play with it.
Now its time to connect to the network and see what i can get out of it …

I an make a thread somewhere if people are interested

1 Like

I work in the POS industry. I tested the contactless function with my xSIID. Didn’t do much else, though. Let me know if you need info on the device itself. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello @XEMON
Pls I will like to request for some personal assistance due to one of your post 2 days ago,where you’re asking questions about pulling data for contactless,chip or stripe related issues.

Actually,I don’t have such problem yet but soon to have same kind of problem,but before that I would like to ask questions about pulling data that could be used for trading “money data”or pulling data that is one or the other way related to payment stored on a chip sectors,

either for virtual debit/credit card or e-gift cards

some people even said some data could be pull/traded for wire transfer information or even stocks.

while it’s my first time knowing about the MifareClassic card 1k and all programming related stuffs

Firstly,I will like to know if all this is true and secondly,I will like to be enlightened about the specific type of programming language knowledge I need to learn for treating such datas

And I will like to know if it’s advisable to find professionals developers to handle such on my behalf?
Even though I was previously advised not to try such since it could be easier for anyone to stole/initiate illegal payment using my migrate card.

You might be wondering where I could have gotten such payment card but it was included in a contract between me and some large firms which I would like to have more knowledge about before reaching a final agreement,hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

Thanks for giving it a go with the glassie, and a huge tha k’s for the offer, I’ll definitely be pestering you :yum:

I would be surprised if any payment option are using mifare 1K …

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do nor what chipset you have. Can you put it on a proxmark or tag info?

1 Like

It’s consist of 16 different sectors of GO keys,do you think this is ready for payment conversions?

What does the full scan screen show?

Actually what do all the other screens show? I need to see the extra screen as well.

Getting that to you won’t be a problem but won’t be right away,I will have to do that during the week since I’m using a phone friend for the scan,I’ll get back to you during the week.

TagInfo is avaliable on both Android and Apple…unless you don’t have a phone (I can respect that)

Does that one card allow travel on all of those once you load money local currency on it?

Apple won’t read much besides pure NFC tags.
Just tried it on a hotel key to confirm and it never acknowledges a card is there.

1 Like

Pls I have one more question for a different nfc tag,what type of tag does has different tag ID on every single scan?

There are certain chips that support a “privacy” feature which randomizes the UID each time. The only way to get the real uid is to authenticate using a cryptographic key. The desfire chip can do this as well as various smartcard chips like the p60 and p71

Oh thanks Amal.

And do you think authenticatinothroufh a cryptographic key is something a beginner like me can do?

If you have the key, it should be easy.

1 Like

So with the P71, if someone enables this feature, then the initial ATR response will have a random UID (but I’m assuming a static manufacturer/vendor ID). Then the reader sends some kind of challenge that the P71 recognizes and it then does a second ATR but with the real UID?

That would be interesting to test on my unlocked P71 card. How is it enabled?

Not sure what thread to dump this, can’t find the original

But this is a new terminal in my area, and I’m curious how it performs

The rfid portion seems to be isolated to this area with a smaller footprint… hopefully better implant coupling

1 Like

I’ve had great luck with these. Easy reads.