Very visible implant

Like some have said here, it varies from person to person.

Let me just say, people don’t look at your hand to see whats different. I worked with a guy for about 6 months many years ago. We hung out at work, drank and went to nightclubs etc. it was about 3 or 4 months in that i finally realised he only had 3 fingers on his hand, i cant even remember which hand it was.

3 Likes

As others have pointed out, a visible implant is normal. Both of my current implants are visible, as are others.

IAR? Haven’t heard of them before

IAR == https://iamrobot.de/ - another implant vendor. I have two implants from them.

Speaking of IAR, is it just me of their X2P Lite RFID relay looks suspiciously like the xAC v2?

vs

interesting. I haven’t seen them before. What are your opinions on them?

Well, on the plus side, they offer larger diameter glass implants than DT, and they clearly outperform smaller implants. Also, their implants are coated, which I prefer - but I’m in a minority apparently.

On the minus side, their website is light on technical details and the company’s owner won’t answer emails. They don’t have a vibrant community like DT (they don’t have a community at all in fact). Also, apparently there have been reports of glass implants from them being fragile and breaking. And they are known to offer products of questionable quality.

In short, I am happy with my own IAR implants. Would I buy from them again? Possibly, if it’s a glass tube and I’m looking for extra range, or if it’s an implant I want to stick somewhere odd and be extra-sure it’ll stay put. Should you? Probably not.

(Incidentally, I really wish DT offered a coating option. Hint hint nudge nudge :slight_smile:)

1 Like

thanks for the write-up! Appreciate the time you took to for it!

that’s interesting. I’m not dissuaded to get one, but it’s definitely not going to be my first choice. I really like the idea of the glass capsule format, but the range of them that DT has is a little disappointing from what I’ve seen online, so I’m on the side of getting a flex implant. Then again, the glass capsule format is great for ease of installation.

It’ll be on my radar, but very low priority lol

Just to be clear, I’m not blasting IAR. They’ve delivered the goods and they’ve worked flawlessly. But that’s only my experience. I’m just relaying others’ concerns and reports.

Ha, That is tricky, I personally wouldn’t say they are disappointing, however, some people may be disappointed , but this is due to THEIR unrealistic expectations. It’s all about physics.
Realistically, it comes down to paring your implant choice with the reader.
eg. my NExT
The xEM side works flawlessly EVERY single time with the xAC.
Most of my work readers, read my super easy, except a couple that put out less power, but I expected this, I am NOT disappointed, I just understand the limitations and accept it. This is why I have a FlexMT on the way…

So the compromise between these is:
https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/8mm-wedge-flex-device-installation-with-custom-4g-needle/6693/2

In my opinion, the flex wedge is a GREAT option. (I plan to get a FlexApex and FlexM1gen2)

If I could design my ideal implant and had the ability to defy physics, I would have a FlexM1gen2 & FlexT5577 in a single wedge flex format…But reality is a spiteful bitch, and my expectations are adjusted accordingly.

For you @StingWay , I would suggest you have a look at your readers, and share them on here, and hopefully somebody will be able to give you a “real life” performance expectation

1 Like

Its a slightly different format but the flexMT :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I have one on the way… That’s a BIG hole… I have to find someone to slice and dice me :hocho: , but waiting until I have it to show, ask and convince!

1 Like

All their products look and sound suspiciously similar to DT stuff.
I really want to like them, but it’s hard to do so.

2 Likes

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
BUT
Ripping off somebody else’s idea and releasing an inferior product whilst using similar naming convention is quite something else.

I respect @anon3825968 's opinion, but personally I have no reason to look elsewhere.

1 Like

Well now, that’s throwing the baby with the bath water a bit quickly. They have quite a few things DT doesn’t have.

They have an HF version of that relay board for example. And a version that comes in a plastic casing with an optional wall wart. And this microUSB OTG reader. Plus a bunch of lock products and antennas and stuff.

Me, I’m tempted to order a few things from them.

If you started a company that sells in the same market space, what else would you sell? There’s bound to be similar products.

I’m open to anything from anybody, provided they don’t try to shaft me or put me in danger.

Also, notice the date in the photo’s URL: 2017. They’ve had that product before DT. If anybody is copying someone, it might not be them.

I don’t want to be an apple like DT fan boy, it’s just my opinion.
Ofc they put in a lot of work and I don’t want to downplay that. They did good for the community!
I am tempted to buy stuff there too, especially a door lock, but still. To me they seem like a chinese DT knockoff.

Yes, in the same market you have similar products and I agree, they make a lot of non-implant products that seem nice.

As mentioned above, they give close to no technical info, I did not find any tests, no one in the world seems to talk about them, it seems like their implants are more dangerous that ones from a firm called dangerous things (e.g. seems like no epoxy in glass tube?).

Yeah DT might have copied the xAC2, bad Amal, but I was talking more about their implants when I said they look and sound like DT’s.

I really really want to like them, I’d love a local implant firm… made in germany… but hell no I won’t put their stuff in my body until they become more open & serious.

Nah. They both did their research and they both found the same Chinese supplier of that one board, most likely.

1 Like

I can’t quantify this, But I expect the xAC V2 will be a stop gap

1 Like

Now you’ve said too much.
Okay, spill the beans bubba :slight_smile:

I honestly have no ACTUAL info, just a semi educated guess, from comments made in another thread.

Also get the feeling Amal not 100% happy with the design and functionality of the V2… again just my gut feeling
:thought_balloon: “it will do the job for now”

1 Like