Virtual Reality Equipment šŸ•¶

Playing with friends is best though

Virtual virtual reality was fun but 2 hours of gameplay and zero replay ability

Richies plank experience is great for messing with new people fear of heights and general fuckery (see nightmare mode consisting of various surprises)

There are a few mini modes in it as well such as a flying firefighter geme

Population one is essentially fortnite as far as I know (never played fortnight)
Itā€™s pretty simplistic but fun with other people

Big screen beta vr is pretty much virtual reality theatresā€¦no like the actual movie theatre but the host loads various movies ( which of course are always copyright compliant )

Suprisingly nice experience, I really loved movie theatres pre covid, so this scratchā€™s some itch

1 Like

Arizona sunrise, donā€™t touch anything, I expect you to die, superhot tons of stuff. I like the vive infinity port thing itā€™s like xbox gamepass but for vr not sure if itā€™s open to non vive but if it is Iā€™d recommend it at Ā£12.99 100s of games.

1 Like

The Climb?

Arrows in side quest is pretty good, takes a while to figure out the aim, and I feel like there are unexplained tricksā€¦ but free.99

I need to install side quest on my quest 2ā€¦

In middle to end of April it is here payday, I will get my overhours paid and some money back from last year (for going to work with the car, insurance,ā€¦) So Iā€™m thinking buying a VR Set.

I know the site is german: is this OK: Oculus Quest 2 256 GB VR-Headset | MediaMarkt

I need help to set it up,ā€¦ So will it also work only with my phone or must I install it on my 9 year old macbook air.

1 Like

That would work fantastically :blush: Identical to what I have.

Yep, you only need your phone. It works with iPhone or Android, and itā€™s only really needed for the initial setup process. Itā€™s otherwise completely standalone, nothing extra needed.

Feel free to post in the virtual reality equipment thread if you end up needing help with setting it up (itā€™s quite easy :slight_smile: )

Any of us in that thread would be happy to help.

thx :slight_smile: I have an S20+ with the newest android system - I will only use it at home for banking and then for VR with my wifi.
My older phone S8+ is for calling people, facebook ā€¦

You really donā€™t need to dedicate anything for vr with a quest, the headset has built in wifi

All you need a phone for is the registration and initial account stuff, after that itā€™s fully stand alone

2 Likes

I mean my internet connection. I have the normal DSL Connection and the 4G Network from my phone

Itā€™s just a registration, so if you can load 3 or 4 website pages thatā€™s all you need to set the device up

As far as internet to use the device,

I have a limited 30Mbps? Or was it MBps? I know thereā€™s a difference of scale obviously, I just forget which they usually advertise

And itā€™s more or less fine, 4k video loads a bit rough but there likely compression and wifi stuff not the actual broadband

Planning to bite the bullet and upgrade my internet to 400, but I did enjoy the price of 15$ a month likely going to 50 now

This. Mbps (megabit per second) is usually used for connection speed. 1 MBps (megabyte per second) is 8 Mbps.

Surprised no one recommended beat saber for the standalone quest stuff, God damn that game owns my life.

We did lol

My bad I had just woken up at the time aha

Donā€™t wanna spam this channel with my random recs all the time butā€¦
The Climb 2 is very well made IMO and worth it on sale solid 7/10 so far
Cubism is easily one of the most relaxing VR games Iā€™ve ever played (outside of certain VR Chat places)

Seems Iā€™ll have to postpone my VR cover purchase because I decided not to wear the strap and spiked my right controller. Honestly might just be able to tape it as itā€™s still tracking perfectly fine but oh boy :sweat_smile: people on youtube overstated the durability quite a bit

If itā€™s a single crack, most people add superglue, then hold it until it cures enough to hold itself. Hard to even see that it happened. The /r/OculusQuest subreddit has some examples of the superglue fix.

Cracks almost never impact performance, just aesthetics.

Quest 1 or 2?

If 1 the crack is a known defect and they will typically replace

Quest 2
After further inspection as long as it doesnā€™t cause tracking issues Iā€™ll just tape it instead of pay $69 nice for a new one