VivoKey Apex Applet Poll

Given that you will need an app to receive the command, then the app could either:

• reply with the data straight away, no need to involve NDEF
  • change entirely the contents of your NDEF

NDEF is not just “a data container”. it is an accessible, intentionally exposed data container which allows for multiple applications to be built trusting in a convention devised to make sure they will have access to some data.

This way, if you’re building applications to read anyone’s card/implant’s NDEF message, you will want to read all of the data there. So you can assume other folk’s apps will do the same.

But if you’re devising your own closed system, you can actually request a very specific block from the NDEF record. So you wouldn’t need any app to do that.
I had a PoC where I stored multiple ID’s on a single NDEF, one on each page, and then my reader application would attempt to read a specific page based on the use I was evoking from the reader-side. Worked pretty well out of the box.

again, exactly the point I tried (and probably failed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) to make by mentioning how good is the hardware level security in those chips.

Very good. I’m under NDA for the chip specs like this, but there are some damn good protections available and used by default.

3 Likes

Ever the hardware guy, I’m just amazed that you can get true RNG off of the PUF in crypto chips. It’s like tapping directly into entropy to create order. Fuckin humans amirite?

2 Likes

My personal pet peeve when people repeat those truths is pointing out that 1/ they don’t know how much security they need exactly and 2/ they never consider the attack vectors, which are quite different from traditional RFID / NFC tags when it comes to implants. When they do, they realize that sometimes a good ole xEM is quite enough for their needs.

2 Likes

With the Apex release due in a few months, have your say so the developers know what to focus on.

Vote on all three polls if you haven’t already. (a couple have only voted on the first poll only)

LINK TO THE POST

Is the Not a Tesla key on that list? That’s what I’m looking forward to the most, aside from payment eventually obviously.

Sorry buddy, that was an omission on my part.
Unfortunately I can’t add it to the poll now, but at least you know the Tesla Applet is already published on Fidesmo, all ready and waiting for you and your Apex

3 Likes

It’s complete. I did that a long time ago and tested and confirmed working.

1 Like

I want the tesla app, still wondering if it will be flex only or available on the max chip.

Unless the applet library is specifically managed, the Tesla key will be able to be installed on the Max
HOWEVER I think the limitation is antenna coupling.

BUT
Don’t rule it out just yet… let me find you the post i’m thinking of…

Hmmmm, I found it, and Amal already answered you.

infact, I think @fraggersparks will be the best person to answer this for you, as it stands now

Yes. Tesla turned antenna strength down after Amie’s video. It’s harder to use even a flex than it was originally.

We’ve got a gentlemens agreement they won’t explicitly come after us for it, but we are on our own and if they do something to make it not work, that’s on us.

Will you be able to use the apex for OTP and payment at the same time? (If/when payment is green lit)

Yeah!

1 Like

Well, I would like to know when one can order this chip. Also, why is nobody from VivoKey ever answering any emails?

It is not yet ready to be released, but

SOON ™

When it is ready for sale, it will be ALL OVER THE PLACE
Here on the forum in its own thread and /or in the Dangerous announcements
Vivokey Forum
The FakeBook
Narcisstigram
Tweeter
Discord
Vivokey website
Dangerous Things store

The VK development team are hard at work behind the scenes trying to get this HIGHLY ANTICIPATED product to us as SOON™ as they can.

What is it you want to know?
Any of your questions can likely be answered here.

Trust me when I tell you.
THEY want the VK APEX released and available more than you do

pretty

1 Like

Because emails suck for discussing product. The forum is much better as people generally use that search button up top first, and you don’t have to answer 5 million of the same “when’s it coming out” emails Also, Michelle and Amal only just got back from the holiday shutdown.

2 Likes

lol who are you sending emails to? Amal may not answer cause he’s pretty busy. Just ask here. We don’t have an exact date for the public launch of the Vivokey Apex yet because we need to make sure all of the Flex One Beta participants are taken care of. It will be in the next couple months, don’t worry.

Fixed it for ya!

1 Like

yeh i suck at email… it’s a wasteland :confused: i admit i don’t respond as well as i should to emails.

2 Likes

I have a first (right) hand experience with that =(