When will Vivokey be out?

I have a good feeling that Cybertruck will also use key card and low energy Bluetooth as the model Y is also like this just like the model 3, which they both don’t come with a key fob. I wonder if at some point Tesla will add these unlocking options to model S and X as well.

It would require the readers in the locations the 3 has them, so unless they’re built in already, it’s unlikely.

1 Like

No I mean by future model S and X produced. I highly doubt there’s a reader already built into current model S and X cars, but maybe they will add them into newer ones at some point.

I doubt they’ll add them, not with the Bluetooth unlocks also possible (and probably without any hardware changes). It would require a rework of their assembly lines to put in, and it’s a low priority part of their setup (from discussions with people who would know)

1 Like

There are readers in the model S but they didn’t do any research and just went with industry standard 40but challenge response 125khz tags which are normally used for two-factor with the physical key, but Tesla let them be used to opens and drive the car alone since there was no physical key (active fob only)… so of course people showed you could nab that passive transponder from a short distance and crack it easy and emulate it to steal the car… so they did their research on the model 3 and went javacard and secure elements… but still… no reason to think they’d include that tech into any other vehicles… in fact I heard directly from Tesla that they were considering NFC to be a waste and increased the cost of the car for no good reason. I hope the recent Apple initiative for car keys (which includes NFC) opens the door (pun!) to more NFC enabled cars from Tesla (and others).

3 Likes

You’re probably right about that

Is it known whether the Tesla key applet can be used on the Apex Max form factor, or only the Flex?

This is going to be dependent on the Tesla reader power, unfortunately.

1 Like

Our assumption is the Flex only… however… there are other threads on this forum that are exploring using a totally passive tank circuit to “boost” or really just change the shape of the field from the reader to make it easier to use implants with readers that are having a hard time… it might be possible to “stick one of these” on the side of your Tesla to enable the Max form factor.

We are exploring the actual production of such “stickers”, and hope we can make them weatherproof for outdoor applications as well.

7 Likes

At the expense of engaging in a bit of thread necromancy, I’m curious if there’s any more news or details regarding the Vivokey Apex launch date, as the Tesla Flex is not available. And/or the best place / way to get news around it?

4 Likes

Soon

5 Likes

I imagine the Tesla Flexs don’t fly off the shelves, but if you wanted one, you could try contacting Dangerous Thing via the orange floaty help button ,:arrow_down: , and by me throwing an @amal in here, it may drag him to this thread.

I will be big news when it drops, the product announcement in this forum but also there will be chatter in the discord server, tweeters in the Twatter, Grams in the Instas, and the mentions on the FakeBooks.

For the teasing little tid-bids, just stick around the forum and Amal with throw out the occasional little heroin laced Vivokey information to keep his strung out junkies craving more
:wink:

3 Likes

I can saw we don’t have any tesla flex units in inventory and won’t be making more.

Since you won’t be making any more and we’re not nailed down on a timeline for the Apex. Might suggest giving this a look @IronTooch.

I know it’s not an implant but it goes along the same idea of being something you can set and forget assuming you leave it on.

Has we actually sent David the rest of our p60 chips that weren’t good for the flex one anymore to make his first batch of rings using the NAK applet

1 Like

Heroin laced?

Damn, my addiction to checking for updates and news on the Apex all makes sense now

3 Likes

Im kind of a noob when it comes to implants and I do not have any (YET) my parents wont let me get one while I am under 18, but when I am 18 I would really like to get an Apex, and a NExT one in each hand. I was wondering if anyone heard any rumors about when the Apex is getting relased, or any other evil plans they have over at Vivokey.

Thanks

Yes

Not sure when.

Ah, the result of a code rampage while heavily drinking. I’m really proud of that applet.

2 Likes

So for whatever it’s worth… not much was a stupid Hail Mary

I decided to call up the company that makes the nfc readers on all the vending machines work

hey can I make an account with you guys so that when you read my UID you guys charge my credit card?

No dice

Impatient pounding on table
Want vivokey… want magic Jedi money hand

3 Likes