VivoKey Apex update

It’s a potential concentrated stress point… Especially when you consider opening and closing your hand, blood supply in region and chances of impact.

In the crease just behind knuckles of pinky and Ring finger seems to be a good spot… Or in webbing between thumb and forefinger… At least by my reckoning

My theoretical opinion anyway…

But keep up the great work

Much love to you all :heart::heart::+1:

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about getting an implant for a long time.
After a conversation with a friend at my local hackerspace, I discovered the Apex.
This is it. I need this so much. Custom code? PGP? Fuck yeah.
You’re awesome, Amal.

Sorry if I’m asking dumb questions, but is the Apex Flex backorder something I (a nobody) can purchase? I’m aware it won’t be shipped until it’s ready.
If I buy it from the store now, do I get charged once it ships or now?

Can’t wait to conquer my fear of needles and doctors for this.

4 Likes

You should join the DT Club, there is more detailed updates on there, and sometimes pre-order opportunities :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Cool; Done, thanks.

@amal do I get a cut for referring :joy:

2 Likes

I was going to suggest the exact same thing.

It would probably be WORTH your while to join…

4 Likes

Is the size fixed or provisional and may be changed?

It will be about that size (±2mm). It’s just the next step up size wise to improve performance. Are you interested in a smaller or larger version?

I would be more interested in a smaller version like flexEM with 20-22mm.

edit: maybe you could start a poll

Hey, don’t throw him off please :joy: Satur9 worked so long on a 25mm version, no changes now so close before the finish line!

4 Likes

i said nothing :zipper_mouth_face:

:laughing:

Or

Give it a try, if you get stuck, just ask.

Also I’m guessing Performance is a more important consideration than size for Satur9 and Amal.

I’m not if sure Amal would be too keen managing a number of form factors:
With Blinky
Without Blinky
Larger better performance with Blinky
Smaller lesser Performance with blinky
Larger better performance without Blinky
Smaller lesser Performance without blinky

Ontop of that, the OTHER Apex form factors.
Again just my thoughts, but sounds messy to me

We can always go back to buying premade antennas and converting them, surely for some extra $$$ Amal would do that (if we provide the antennas)

If I’m getting a large implant, it better have a decent range. I might end up getting an Apex Mega when it’s available.

1 Like

Can we get a UHF version, those things have excellent range? :laughing: how about a chest sized antenna?

3 Likes

So you’re planning to go from no chips at all to the largest possible implant, right?

4 Likes

Well, you know what they say? Go big or go home…

2 Likes

This discussion makes me think about Cyberpunk ideas. Phones have a small antenna, and get wifi, cell service and GPS signals. When we get around to powered implants (equivalent of a smartphone in your arm), I wonder where the antenna would go? You would need a bigger antenna because of the soft tissue, and a powered implant would have way less energy available for upload if it were using energy harvesting. Would the antenna go on/around the chest?
I know there was something I heard once about a coil of wire around the neck acting to pick up electromagnetic signals for either a magnet implant or some kind of audio device. Was that a real thing or just a proposed idea?
~ Jamie

The tissue is not the issue (rhyme!), it’s the salty water floating around in the tissue that causes the problem. This is why submarines must drag a mile long cable behind them at the surface and transmit on VLF (very low frequency) with a huge watt load just to send tiny bits of data bit by bit.

2 Likes

this was likely the magnetic coil used to vibrate magnet implants to generate sound.

1 Like