VivoKey Apex update

Silly question: will the apex be able to emulate a mifare card, assuming an app is developed? I saw something on GitHub re using fidesmo api with something called Spray to emulate one? I am showing my lack of programming knowledge here so sorry if a really really dumb question.

Not silly at all

1 Like

Damn. Thanks. I would love to know how you find those links so quickly!

I was hoping to clone a MF 4K but if you can’t change the UID there is no point.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Perhaps another dumb question:

How does one write to the ndef space on the apex?

I used fidesmo to add the vivokey ndef 1k app and then I tried using tagwriter to write a contact card to it to test it out but it fails to write and just crashes tagwriter as soon as the phone connects to it…

1 Like

Can you use TagInfo to confirm the 1k was successfully applied?
Can you try a simple text field?
And
Can you give NFC tools a try to write a dataset?

taginfo showed 1024 max size and nfc tools seemed to work, thanks!

Not sure why it crashes tagwriter

Side question, maybe better for the man himself but how cautious should we be with the new process packaging? should I not really be handling it until install after confirming it works or is it fine to handle with care or what?

1 Like

Not the best quote, but I think it answers your question

1 Like

Yeah best not to handle it too much. The inside of the polymer sleeve is not sterile and it will contaminate the pouch contents of handled too much… it’s just things like water or body oils will contaminate the pouch much much faster so we put it in the sleeve to protect against that.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification!

I presume that handling it to scan a few times and confirm functionality is hopefully not too bad since i already did that, but I will now put it back in the box and very excitedly await installation

1 Like

Some gentle handling is fine… but smashing it to a phone and putting pressure directly on the product to hold it up to things is not a good idea.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Apex Flex Release for Vivokey Beta Testers?

Maybe another silly question, but have the emails for the flex one backers gone out?
Haven‘t received one yet. :slight_smile:

It was mentioned elsewhere, you gotta DM amal with your order ID if you didn’t get the mail.

2 Likes

yes they did… twice now :slight_smile: DM me with deets

Someone’s going to pop in and ask about flex one betas when apex2 drops :rofl:

4 Likes

Well I‘m just busy with lots of projects and remembered that I should receive an Email. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s not a you thing, it’s a running joke at this point

2 Likes

Hey Amal,

I went to the installer listed under Salt Lake City and I have a feeling that this might be the same guy that @Ben_bionic went to since I saw somewhere else that he had his done in the same state.

How he flattens the needle I am not sure because I didn’t realize that is what he was doing and I was took excited to point this out. He doesn’t flatten it into a “blade” but more of an oval shape so that it goes in easier. I have done 2 self-installs despite the fact that I hate needles and didn’t want to watch this one go in. It honestly felt about the same as the 3mm needle. It went in so easy I was shocked.

He took video of the needle and I think of my install as well (with my permission). I think he will send 1 if not both to you. You have my permission to ask him for the install video if he doesn’t automatically send it.

As a side note, he said he shoved one of these in someone’s finger to install a magnet. That guy deserves a medal.

1 Like

Agree that the flat needle was a very smooth process it didn’t feel like it had any real resistance. I wish I had taken video, but I only have the pictures posted.

I usually do not film these sort of things and they only reason I told them they could record the install was because he said he took a video of the needle flattening to send in to Amal.

He was also confused as to why the Vivokey has a separate website from Dangerous Things despite the fact that he has been installing these things for years it seems which I found amusing. Even offered to order in the kit for me which was interesting.