VivoKey Apex update

exactly my point.

Maybe if the app just declared an intent to “do something with an ndef message” instead of “performing a read action once an ndef message is detected”

but that’s just a guess right now.
Most likelly @anon3825968 was right anf that’s just someone being lazy while setting up the NFC intent mechanism. :expressionless:

Worked beautifully! Thank you so much!

4 Likes

How do you get involved with testing? Is there a GitHub for repos or anything? I am interested.

3 Likes

Welcome to the form.

1 Like

If you do not turn this comment around right now, I will never feed you again.

Welcome to the forum, maybe drop an intro thread, let us know your interests and if you have nay implants already, etc.

3 Likes

Oh my gods, the VivoKey finally showed up! We didn’t even have to attend an exclusive event to capture it. How’s it going, VivoKey? We’ve been patiently awaiting your arrival

Soon™

2 Likes

I’m so excited for this. I wasn’t part of the Flex One beta so it looks like I’ll have to wait a lot longer, but I’m be eagerly setting aside money and perusing Vivokey’s Github account in the mean time.

1 Like

The aim is not a lot longer.

You’ll get to read my crap code, hooray! Although most of the work is in stuff we haven’t released yet (mostly backend and server code right now) lately

2 Likes

7 Likes

Hi, really interested in the Apex, mostly because I want to run Tesla Not-A-Keycard.
Would be very happy to beta test. This is not my first rodeo, I did have an account on here before - and this is me injecting the dangerous things NFC chip, back in 2015.

If someone could invite me to the vivokey forums that would be awesome.

1 Like

Hi Emma, welcome :slight_smile:

The VivoKey forum set up for the private Flex One beta is on the verge of shutting down. The beta program was closed and the product was cancelled. The Apex has no beta program and will become available on the market as soon as it’s ready.

Thanks for posting the video. I won’t comment on the chip implant itself or its potential quality or safety issues, but I will say this as just a simple bit of triva - wearing unsterile gloves on your own installation is unnecessary as the purpose of an unsterile glove is to simply protect the wearer from your blood and any possible pathogens it might carry. Since you are self-installing (which we strongly disapprove of for all you would-be self installers out there), you don’t need to wear anything that might encumber your movement or precision… just wash hands before and after.

4 Likes

Good point and I am a bit more familiar now. I also now have a piercing contact who knows what they are doing which was not the case then, in my defence.

Thanks for the info, I will keep a keen eye on the forums.

1 Like

Really?? I would have thought a sterile glove would be a good idea.

2 Likes

will any of the posts on that forum be migrated elsewhere or preserved in any fashion? i haven’t checked in in a while, but i recall there being a decent chunk of info that might still be valuable to some people. it’d be a shame to see it just disappear like that

2 Likes

Just to make sure that you are aware there are two Vivokey forums, and Amal is only talking about Taking down the Flex One β Forum

Here are the 2:-

VivoKey Members Only

VivoKey Members Only

A private place for VivoKey members to have a chat

rather than

VivoKey Forum

VivoKey Forum

(this one is vivokey flex one beta access only)

the beta is the one i was referring to, i have an account on there under a different name. wasn’t aware of the new one tho, thanks

Yoo, btw, who got the first Apex installed?
Amal do you have one in vivo yet?

Sweet, I was just checking, because not everybody is aware of both.
:+1:

Well, if you think about it, as long as you aren’t touching the insertion site after cleaning, you could have muddy hands.

I would only be concerned about sterile gloves if things are being touched that are placed in me.

XSIID has no reason to be touched vs a flex like in your arm.

To add to what @Backpackingvet said … I guarantee you a normie putting on a sterile glove will do two things; 1) contaminate the glove, 2) convince them they can now touch wounds and do stupid things and not be as careful as they should be.

I have literally seen “professionals” (people with body piercing licenses) open the sterile field, lay it on the table, then use their bare hands to smooth it out like a tablecloth… contaminating the entire surface… like 100% contamination… then take the injector out… take the cap off immediately before anything else, then lay the bare needle down on the contaminated field.

Being mindful of cross contamination and maintaining a sterile field is not easy. In fact, I would say most people - even smartypants types - will always fail hard at it.

5 Likes