VivoKey Apex update

has to be set in the chip at NXP (factory) during manufacturing of the silicon chip itself… and these will be… and the chip will be able to load and run EMV applications (for payment) and secure apps that use advanced crypto at the same time. The EMV applets are loaded by NXP during silicon manufacture, but the other applets you can deploy to the chip with your phone and the Fidesmo mobile app.

absolutely… each javacard application has a unique AID (application ID) which is “selected” by the reader and the code is run on chip. you can fit as many applications on as will fit in the memory.

1 Like

Cool, so it can do more than one thing that I don’t understand this is fine face

5 Likes

Are there any talks of Fidesmo supporting login to their app through the Vivokey API?

1 Like

Actually the Fidesmo app does not require login. Some of the services might, but the app itself does not.

2 Likes

I admit being too lazy to read through android docs (I developed an intense hatred over java, and Kotlin ain’t cute enough to balance it)…

But my money goes to how the libs are structured, mostly around the checks done to detect the presence of NDEF capabilities. What some libs do is to attempt and read a message, if you can’t, then there isn’t. If you can, then you already have it read.
(the whole “better ask for forgiveness” mindset)

In some libs, such as nfcpy, you have direct calls for that, which work well since that’s the paradigm you want. so you only check for the presence if you want to read it.

Now applying Android logic, whenever anything within Android finds something new, it must consume it to check if anything else was expecting you to find it (hope my layman’s version of “Intent” wasn’t too confusing), but then if your application has not told the system it wanted that piece of information yet, then it gets discarded, and the only thing that gets through is “yes, there is an NDEF message”, which then your code will open (and read again)

ps: as of the moment, this is but an educated guess I put together in the midst of assumptions and recollections. I really don’t want to go digging into Java source… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah but proxmark3 hf 14a sniff shows it reads completely and then the app takes over and reads again… ugh. Though, you could be right if the app just wanted the ndef message and not actually issue read commands directly. Dunno.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to ask. Is there an easy way to deploy a 16KB NDEF Emulator applet onto one of the P60 Fidesmo cards?

1 Like

Probably best if you used a manual service order, but it’s a bit shit to set up.

2 Likes

In theory. I will mod the applet listing and give you a manual service ID to try. Go to settings and turn on manual service delivery

3 Likes

Sweet! Ready to go.

2 Likes

It might take me some time to make the adjustment… maybe an hour or so

2 Likes

Damn, well no rush or anything on my behalf, but thank you!

1 Like

The secret squirrel NDEF 16k app ID is 61b4b03d

… and the service ID is … and yes you will need copy / paste :wink:

d04b98f48e8f8bcc15c6ae5ac050801cd6dcfd428fb5f9e65c4e16e7807340fa

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hector’s Introduction

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hector’s Introduction

Works fine :smiley:

2 Likes

it’s been a long while, but i recall there being a post somewhere on the vivokey forum about being able to secede from fidesmo’s ecosystem? is this still a thing with the apex, and if so, what sort of drawbacks would that have?

1 Like

Yes this will be explored for Apex. We’ll need to construct a framework for essentially removing all applets from the chip and resetting it. This would also need to include the payment applets, and this may not actually end up being possible.

If that turns out to be the case, and we cannot properly extracate Apex from Fidesmo, then we might explore a truly open base line P71 model with no personalization at all. That would probably ultimately be a dangerous things product, not a VivoKey product. That would also mean no connection to the VivoKey platform either… and probably no official support beyond this forum.

2 Likes

Should be no problem, seeing how much support this forum gives :smiley:

8 Likes

To expand on what Amal just gave you ( Most up to date info and straight from the horses mouth )

This Thread has some information about some of the who, what and wheres etc.

2 Likes