Hector’s Introduction

When was spark two was released I try to research that and it doesn’t show up nothing for me I was curious do you know the answer @Pilgrimsmaster.

3 Likes

Thanks you for asking a question i know the answer to!

The Spark 2 was released almost a year ago (November 2019)

The Spark (original) was updated to the Spark 2 for a few reasons, one of the biggest was a change from ISO15693 to ISO14443A.

Let me get you Amals offical response from when I asked him about it, to explain and expand on it further.

UPDATE

4 Likes

I will read the whole thing later have one more question when was the first Implant was invented because I tried to research it it doesn’t show up nothing for me I try my hardest for two days yeah I cannot find nothing do you have an answer for that i’ve been curious.

1 Like

Pet “tracker” ID chips :dog2: :cat2: have been around for around 40 years I think, I don’t know the exact date, I would have to google that myself, Amal was one of the pioneers, having his first implant in 2005.
There was somebody else pre year 2000, but that was more of a proof of concept and they took it out.

I am not 100% on all of the above, let me find you a link with all the information

2 Likes

Here you go, The Wikipedia page, should have most of the answers for you

3 Likes

Thank you for the information I would enjoy reading OK that is all my questions.

6 Likes

Interesting read! Thanks :wink:
Didn’t know that silicone subdermal implants predated the chips by several years…

2 Likes

I remember seeing a post about Stelarc having an implant in the 90s :thinking:.
Let me double check this for you…—»

1 Like

This one in the Wiki?

1998 - The first experiments with a radio-frequency identification (RFID) implant were carried out in 1998 by the British scientist Kevin Warwick.[1][2][3][4][5] His implant was used to open doors, switch on lights, and cause verbal output within a building. After nine days the implant was removed and has since been held in the Science Museum in London.

2 Likes

YES SIR! :+1:
Stelarc was lecturing at Warvick University, that’s why I remembered :rofl:

Edit: Interesting read: https://www.ekac.org/microinside.html

3 Likes

The link you put I click the link in yes a Lotta words I’m trying my best to read to?

1 Like

Have a question @amal what happen if you take a shower does the implant get damage I try to research myself in the say it doesn’t get damaged I want to hear it from you better because you was the first person who create an implant?

Will a quote from Amal be satisfactory for you?
If so :arrow_heading_down:

Once an x-series tag is placed under the skin, you can expect some bruising and slight swelling. The skin wound should scab over and stop bleeding within 5 to 30 minutes. The swelling should go down within 2 to 24 hours, but bruising may remain for a few days. After swelling goes down, you should notice slightly better read range performance. After the first day, you should be in pretty good shape, happily using your tag. You can wash your hands normally and take showers, etc.

Quote from
Q: What about aftercare and the healing process?

To clarify, he’s not exactly the first, he helped popularise it and holds the secret sauce to how to make flex implants.

But it’s basically fully encased in either glass or special biopolymer (basically, plastic that your body doesn’t attack). Both are watertight.

The implant is at no risk of damage from general living. I’ve hit my flex one a few times pretty hard and no issues.

Anything capable of physically harming an implant (at least one made by Amal) will do serious damage to your tissue at the same time, and that’s the bigger concern.

Another thing, Hector, as your question isn’t actually a bad one. Basically, most water damage to devices is from a functioning device with battery. The water, which is generally impure and contains mineral salts and the like that make it conduct electricity and corrode the sensitive connections, does it’s damage on the parts of the device that are either powered or something like a LCD.

As all our implants lack a battery, there’s nothing to do the most damage. Corrosion could occur, but the implant is still sealed (and our antennae are generally magnet wire and, as such, coated with enamel).

Edit: hah, thanks pilgrim, I posted after you made the move.

3 Likes

I am not yet getting the Implant I’m just waiting for the app to be released the iOS app Vivokey?

Like to add a little thing here, since the Q&A above is about x-series only - with a scalpel-and-suture Flex-install, you might wait a bit before letting the suture get wet. At least on the first few days, it’s a good idea to keep a waterproof plaster on the suture when having a shower or such.
If sutures have to stay dry all the time (until the threads are out) or not seems to be a topic where even different doctors and hospitals have very different opinions…

Still, getting the suture wet even on the first day won’t do any damage to your implant - you might just, in worst case scenario, get some germs into a not-yet-closed wound and get an infection. So, human body fucked up, implant still fine :wink:

1 Like

Was the North Sense recommended to be removed for showering?
Something makes me remember that :thinking:

I think the Sentero will be moderatly waterproof, maybe in the 30m rating.
I.e.: Handwash is fine, diving is not exactly good idea…

Those are Cyborg Nest product…whoááąą…
I can feel that mind control knob turning …:slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the answers I want to know first because I want to get an implant I want to know everything about the implant thanks for the answers @Coma @Atilla @Pilgrimsmaster thank you for all your answers in your opinions.

2 Likes

I forgot something to say about myself introduction I am Super competitive I forgot to say that I want you guys to know me better?

I am far more competitive than you :wink:

6 Likes