VivoKey Apex update

In theory. I will mod the applet listing and give you a manual service ID to try. Go to settings and turn on manual service delivery

3 Likes

Sweet! Ready to go.

2 Likes

It might take me some time to make the adjustment… maybe an hour or so

2 Likes

Damn, well no rush or anything on my behalf, but thank you!

1 Like

The secret squirrel NDEF 16k app ID is 61b4b03d

… and the service ID is … and yes you will need copy / paste :wink:

d04b98f48e8f8bcc15c6ae5ac050801cd6dcfd428fb5f9e65c4e16e7807340fa

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hector’s Introduction

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hector’s Introduction

Works fine :smiley:

2 Likes

it’s been a long while, but i recall there being a post somewhere on the vivokey forum about being able to secede from fidesmo’s ecosystem? is this still a thing with the apex, and if so, what sort of drawbacks would that have?

1 Like

Yes this will be explored for Apex. We’ll need to construct a framework for essentially removing all applets from the chip and resetting it. This would also need to include the payment applets, and this may not actually end up being possible.

If that turns out to be the case, and we cannot properly extracate Apex from Fidesmo, then we might explore a truly open base line P71 model with no personalization at all. That would probably ultimately be a dangerous things product, not a VivoKey product. That would also mean no connection to the VivoKey platform either… and probably no official support beyond this forum.

2 Likes

Should be no problem, seeing how much support this forum gives :smiley:

8 Likes

To expand on what Amal just gave you ( Most up to date info and straight from the horses mouth )

This Thread has some information about some of the who, what and wheres etc.

2 Likes

exactly my point.

Maybe if the app just declared an intent to “do something with an ndef message” instead of “performing a read action once an ndef message is detected”

but that’s just a guess right now.
Most likelly @anon3825968 was right anf that’s just someone being lazy while setting up the NFC intent mechanism. :expressionless:

Worked beautifully! Thank you so much!

4 Likes

How do you get involved with testing? Is there a GitHub for repos or anything? I am interested.

3 Likes

Welcome to the form.

1 Like

If you do not turn this comment around right now, I will never feed you again.

Welcome to the forum, maybe drop an intro thread, let us know your interests and if you have nay implants already, etc.

3 Likes

Oh my gods, the VivoKey finally showed up! We didn’t even have to attend an exclusive event to capture it. How’s it going, VivoKey? We’ve been patiently awaiting your arrival

Soon™

2 Likes

I’m so excited for this. I wasn’t part of the Flex One beta so it looks like I’ll have to wait a lot longer, but I’m be eagerly setting aside money and perusing Vivokey’s Github account in the mean time.

1 Like

The aim is not a lot longer.

You’ll get to read my crap code, hooray! Although most of the work is in stuff we haven’t released yet (mostly backend and server code right now) lately

2 Likes