Vivokey Beta: able to pay yet?

First of all: http://vivokey.com/beta/

As mentioned in the title I’d like to know if it is possible to pay with the Vivokey that is in beta soon.
Sadly it isn’t mentioned anywhere or I’m just blind^^

I know that it will be once all is done, but will it be in the beta?

1 Like

unfortunately payments are still in the works, so the vivokey flex will not be able to make payments.

1 Like

Will it be possible with the same flex in the future or do I have to get another one once payment is available?

That’s not known at this time. Likely not, but it is technically possible. Everything with payment is a matter of policy, not technology.

1 Like

actually let me clarify… “payments” as in your standard tap-and-pay contactless payment you might make at any merchant terminal (like apple pay)… that is called EMV payment and it’s fraught with policy and partnership hurdles that have nothing to do with the technology.

if, of course, you wanted to enable a bitcoin wallet to make payment with the vivokey flex, then yes you could load a bitcoin wallet (ledger has one on the fidesmo app store) and make a payment using your vivokey flex through bitcoin… so technically it’s a payment, but probably not what you were expecting.

1 Like

Oh cool. So ledger works. Are there any others yet? I was just reading about a few others such as Electrum and Mycelium and Trezor.
~ Jamie

1 Like

This particular thread was from over 3 years ago
Did you see this thread from less than a year ago…

Amal and @yeka may have something for us in the future :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t find that particular thread. I was linked to this thread earlier today. Someone gives me link, I click. I’ll have a read.
~ Jamie

1 Like

hey-thats-me-dc-young-fly
:wink:

1 Like

I’ve been all over the place today. I couldn’t remember who said it or when. Thanks for sharing the link earlier :+1: