Vivokey Demo Card/Dev Kit setup

I purchased a vivokey dev kit to get the card to use as i am considering an implant using this tech.

After receiving the card, on scan it brings to a page that doesnt exist on vivokey.com

So i downloaded Apexmanager and it will not scan.

Will not scan on Fidesmo as well.

Am i correct in assuming i would need to write an applet to use this card and that the implant would be instantly usable. I think i was incorrect in assuming these dev cards would function the same way as the implant.

There are two vivokey products the apex and the spark. That card I believe is the dev kit for the spark. The spark is the smaller injectable implant. The apex being the larger flex implant.

I am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong

vivokey devkit is a card form of the spark1 iirc, cant install applets to it or use fidesmo unfortunately

edit: ^beat me to it

for Fidesmo you would need the Fidesmo P40 SmartMX Card. Unfortunately that is out of stock

The problem is I can’t even get Apex Manager to even recognize it

Because it’s not an apex. You need https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vivokey.vivokeyapp

Well that explains it.

Anyone have the apk?

VivoKey_1.4_Apkpure.apk (4.3 MB)

1 Like

yeah when we were in … ohhh… i want to say year 3 of a 6.5 year waiting period for a proper smart card chip to make what would eventually come to be the Apex … we decided to make a platform and implant product that would turn an implant into an auth token for an IdP service… that’s what the current VivoKey platform is… but it’s got problems and is currently no longer developed.

What is under development is a new, more open API - Authenticity API - VivoKey Technologies

We will eventually build another VivoKey IdP on top of this new core API to allow you to build a membership profile with one or more chips associated, and use that for OpenID Connect and eventually SSO/SAML … but for now it’s just an API.

Eventually the Apex line will get a Spark applet you can deploy which will work with this API.

3 Likes

This is now released fyi

3 Likes

GRAB THE APP

CONNECT A SERVICE

SPARK (Install, not destroy as shown below)

1 Like

For anyone interested is getting a P71 chip to test applets on, I’ve been using these Feitian cards from Alibaba.

You can install all of the pre-compiled applets from DT’s open-source GitHub project using the free Global Platform tool.

You cannot install any of the Fidesmo applets. But, most/all of the Fidesmo applets have open-source Flex Secure versions right now.

The Apex Manager mobile app will work with and read the Feitian P71 cards. As will Yubico Authentication and the Yubico ykman cli tool.

These cards work well both for testing/provisioning applets before putting them on an Apex Flex or FlexSecure, and as a backup for applet data. I’ve tested them with the HMAC, OTP, FIDO, and NDEF applets and haven’t had many issues (there is a bug with using ykman to provision the HMAC applet, but you can use yktool.jar instead – see the docs in the repo for detailed instructions)

The Alibaba page says that there is a minimum quantity of 10, but if you look closely and find the link for “Order Samples” you can order as few as 1 (with a slightly higher per unit price)

2 Likes